ADVERTISEMENT

Harris and Dillon to be redshirted

Danny basically only played with 7 maaaaybe 8 players last year. it will be interesting to see how he rotates this year.

Unless you are UK/UNC/Duke you tend to roll with 7/8 guys come conference play anymore. Even those guys shrink the bench. The only issue would be an injury with only 11 scholly players and #'s 9/10/11 not really ready for prime time. Add in the target on their backs that the team will have this year-those top 7/8 need to stay healthy and play to their potential.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Unless you are UK/UNC/Duke you tend to roll with 7/8 guys come conference play anymore. Even those guys shrink the bench. The only issue would be an injury with only 11 scholly players and #'s 9/10/11 not really ready for prime time. Add in the target on their backs that the team will have this year-those top 7/8 need to stay healthy and play to their potential.

K always trims the rotation to seven, eight max, by Jan.

I think redshirting those guys is a good idea... Give them a year to get bigger, stronger and work on their offensive games.

As far as a rotation, its made easier for DD this year because Elmore and Burks are going to eat a ton of minutes at guard, just like last year. If I were going to guess I would bet on seeing a 9-man rotation early in the year with maybe 8 later in on in crunch time.

PG. Elmore
SG. Burks
SF. Williams
PF. Watson
C. Bennet

G. West
F. George
F. Sustic
G. Byers

I think those guys will all be rotation guys to begin with Kinsey being used situationally... In garbage time DD can play whoever.

I think redshirting those guys is a good idea... Give them a year to get bigger, stronger and work on their offensive games.

As far as a rotation, its made easier for DD this year because Elmore and Burks are going to eat a ton of minutes at guard, just like last year. If I were going to guess I would bet on seeing a 9-man rotation early in the year with maybe 8 later in on in crunch time.

PG. Elmore
SG. Burks
SF. Williams
PF. Watson
C. Bennet

G. West
F. George
F. Sustic
G. Byers

I think those guys will all be rotation guys to begin with Kinsey being used situationally... In garbage time DD can play whoever.

Early on, I think the plan was to start Elmore, Burks, Beyers, Williams, and Iran. It seems to me that those plans have changed for a number reasons.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a starting lineup similar to last year's tomorrow night.

Elmore
West
Burks
Williams
Bennett or Sustic

Fantastic decision and shows the maturity of those two young men. They are intelligent enough to see the big picture. Doesn't always happen when you're 18. Certainly didn't always happen for me at that age. Danny is certainly building a program that should be able to sustain a winning culture for many years to come.

That is a shame, if true. I'll be surprised if Bennett isn't a liability after the first two minutes in a regular game.
unless we play a team that plays small, like Glenville did, Bennett won't be a liability. He will be a factor against the 2 best opponents in our league. ODU and WKU. Both have great big men.
With all the versatility, when we do play a guard oriented lineup, we too can go small. Danny has never had the luxury of being able to successfully adjust with the flow of the game since he has been here.

Sustic is and will be a non factor.. I see Bennett and William's/George as well as Beyers all helping guard the post

This sounds like a guy who's already decided, for whatever reason, he doesn't care for Sustic... By all accounts his offensive skills are solid. While he may end up being a liability on the defensive end, he is going to get some burn. Plus it's not like our team is a frontcourt defensive dream team anyway (Bennett is foul trouble waiting to happen, Williams is not a good post defender and George is so skinny he gets pushed around).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT