ADVERTISEMENT

Has Anything Changed?

I get sick of the bitching as well. not a huge Doc fan, but not calling for his firing....or at least not that kind of silliness during the season.

My take is I do think he has underachieved in this league, likely will this year as well...who knows but that is what history suggests. In any case a couple of CUSA championships or otherwise a few years of great success, maybe one access bowl? I could forgive the years of underachievement. Access is out this year...……...so let's see if we can start winning championships. FAU and MTSU at our house? wins would put us in a good spot to make the title game.

Yep, and we would have won that game at MTSU if our PK Smith hadn't gotten a major case of the yips.
I don’t know which loss was harder to watch: the one referenced (very frustrating) or the one in 2013 when Cato takes us down the field for the go-ahead TD with a minute to go, then our D lays down and allows that last second TD for the Raiders.....you would have thought that they won the NC the way their fans reacted.....opinions?
BTW - the argument that we only have a 5-2 all time record vs MTSU because of “adavantages” is assinine.

opinions?

This is a message board. It's an outlet where people share information and opinions. You don't have to ask for an opinion. People are allowed to share them freely on here, and if they didn't, this place would be a ghost town.

BTW - the argument that we only have a 5-2 all time record vs MTSU .

You're misrepresenting the discussion. It was first about if Stockstill should have been fired from MTSU for lack of success. Then, it evolved into comparing Stock' vs. Doc. As has been shown, Stock' has done more with less than Doc has. A 3-2 head-to-head split between the two doesn't make Doc a better coach. If Doc had Marshall's resources and beat an Alabama head coach 2 out of 5 times, Doc would be doing a better job than the Alabama head coach even though the Tide would have the series lead.

Further, outcomes in football games are about advantages of many types. If a series is lop-sided, which this one isn't, it's likely one team has quite a few advantages (better facilities, better budget, better coaches, better players, better fan support, etc.). Overall, Marshall has many more advantages with their football program compared with MTSU.

assinine.

Stick to words you can spell like "cat" and "run."

I don’t know which loss was harder to watch: the one referenced (very frustrating) or the one in 2013 when Cato takes us down the field for the go-ahead TD with a minute to go, then our D lays down and allows that last second TD for the Raiders.....you would have thought that they won the NC the way their fans reacted.....opinions?
BTW - the argument that we only have a 5-2 all time record vs MTSU because of “adavantages” is assinine.
We even dropped two INTs that would have ended the game in that one. It was sickening to watch for sure, but just about every game we played in 2016 was worse.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT