ADVERTISEMENT

Heisenberg, Schrodinger, and Ohm are in a car

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
They get pulled over. Heisenberg is driving and the cop asks him "Do you know how fast you were going?"
"No, but I know exactly where I am" Heisenberg replies.
The cop says "You were doing 55 in a 35." Heisenberg throws up his hands and shouts "Great! Now I'm lost!"
The cop thinks this is suspicious and orders him to pop open the trunk. He checks it out and says "Do you know you have a dead cat back here?"
"We do now, asshole!" shouts Schrodinger.
The cop moves to arrest them. Ohm resists.

Get it...get it? Heisenberg's uncertainty principle...you can only determine momentum or position, not both? Schrodinger's cat....both dead and alive until it's observed? Ohm...resistance?

*sigh*

I readily admit I might be the only one who thinks this is funny. Lol

Originally posted by GK4Herd:
Get it...get it? Heisenberg's uncertainty principle...you can only determine momentum or position, not both? Schrodinger's cat....both dead and alive until it's observed? Ohm...resistance?

*sigh*

I readily admit I might be the only one who thinks this is funny. Lol
HEH - I appreciate the joke and the geeky joy and enthusiasm with which you passed it on to the rest of us geeks.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

FWIW, and I wouldn't suggest this is anything more than my own perception, I'm more familiar with Schrodinger via the Schrodinger equation as related to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Schrodinger's fame, such as it is, is probably more closely tied to the dead-cat/live-cat thought experiment despite the physics/chemistry/calculus associated with the equation.

Big Bang Theory may be looking for a writer. You should give them a call.

Originally posted by -Olen-:

HEH - I appreciate the joke and the geeky joy and enthusiasm with which you passed it on to the rest of us geeks.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

FWIW, and I wouldn't suggest this is anything more than my own perception, I'm more familiar with Schrodinger via the Schrodinger equation as related to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Schrodinger's fame, such as it is, is probably more closely tied to the dead-cat/live-cat thought experiment despite the physics/chemistry/calculus associated with the equation.
I certainly don't need to attend a Solvay Conference to know that Olen doesn't play dice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT