ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Nation

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Questions about this message board. 1. Who is ultimately in charge of Herd Nation? 2. Who selects the “moderators” and what is the criteria to be one? 3. Moderator, by definition, means to arbitrate or mediate disputes - not be part of them so who is in charge of the moderators? I am sure there are many individuals who visit/post/read on this board who wonder about the same questions so whomever is the number one person in charge of all of this please identify yourself to the rest of us and please answer the aforementioned questions. Thank you.

Questions about this message board. 1. Who is ultimately in charge of Herd Nation? 2. Who selects the “moderators” and what is the criteria to be one? 3. Moderator, by definition, means to arbitrate or mediate disputes - not be part of them so who is in charge of the moderators? I am sure there are many individuals who visit/post/read on this board who wonder about the same questions so whomever is the number one person in charge of all of this please identify yourself to the rest of us and please answer the aforementioned questions. Thank you.
giphy.gif

Here's a tip: Move past the word moderator, especially when it comes to @Josh Stowers and @Aaron Perkins.

Aaron and Josh both work for the site in an analyst/writer capacity. Rivals sticks that ugly blue banner on profiles for employees who have certain access to admin pages and privileges. Yes, they have the ability to "moderate" the message board but that is not the reason they're a part of Herd Nation.

The only true moderator still around is @GK4Herd, and even he participates in conversations quite often.

Here's a tip: Move past the word moderator, especially when it comes to @Josh Stowers and @Aaron Perkins.

Aaron and Josh both work for the site in an analyst/writer capacity. Rivals sticks that ugly blue banner on profiles for employees who have certain access to admin pages and privileges. Yes, they have the ability to "moderate" the message board but that is not the reason they're a part of Herd Nation.

The only true moderator still around is @GK4Herd, and even he participates in conversations quite often.
Analyst... we’ve got Chris bringing the jokes out early today.

Reactions: johns1124
So who is in charge of Herd Nation and who picked/appointed Stowers and Perkins? We have a right to know.

So who is in charge of Herd Nation and who picked/appointed Stowers and Perkins? We have a right to know.

It is a free internet message board, why do you have a right? No one forces you to come here, you do not have a vested interest. Now a paying member, might have the argument that they do.

Hey bb - this here ain’t a democracy! There is no 1st amendment right to free speech, as evidenced by the ability of a “Mod” to ban a user if that person goes beyond the pale. Kick & scream all you want - Antifa would not like this forum, no, not one bit!

Chris would just like us to say thank you and go on our way. Either way he doesn't give a damn what we think we are entitled to!

Chris would just like us to say thank you and go on our way. Either way he doesn't give a damn what we think we are entitled to!

LOL, not sure if serious, but Chris is one of the coolest cats on this board, AND he's the owner.

To Sig's point, I don't really have much expectations since I don't pay for the subscription service. However, lately I have thought about doing it, just so I can hassle Coach and Waterboy on the premium board too.

To Sig's point, I don't really have much expectations since I don't pay for the subscription service. However, lately I have thought about doing it, just so I can hassle Coach and Waterboy on the premium board too.

I tried that for a day. I signed up for the premium board and paid a year in advance, then Coach Stowers banned my account the next day to avoid getting thrashed on that board.

Of course, my credit card reversed the charge, and I was still able to use the $75 Adidas promotional credit. Thanks, Coach Stowers, for screwing over your boss and the site!

Reactions: mlblack16.
I tried that for a day. I signed up for the premium board and paid a year in advance, then Coach Stowers banned my account the next day to avoid getting thrashed on that board.

Of course, my credit card reversed the charge, and I was still able to use the $75 Adidas promotional credit. Thanks, Coach Stowers, for screwing over your boss and the site!

Sounds like Coach owes Chris the cost of a one-year subscription, plus whatever fees associated with that Adidas card.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT