ADVERTISEMENT

Herd That

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
Herd That, the MU alumni based team beat Founding Fathers, the James Madison alumni based team to set up a game tomorrow in Charleston and on ESPN2 with Best Virginia, the WVU alumni based team. This is in The Basketball Tournament, a winner take all single elimination one million dollar deal.

While winning a first round game means the team gets an entry for next year, I am hearing that the crew is going to pack it up after this year.

Herd That, the MU alumni based team beat Founding Fathers, the James Madison alumni based team to set up a game tomorrow in Charleston and on ESPN2 with Best Virginia, the WVU alumni based team. This is in The Basketball Tournament, a winner take all single elimination one million dollar deal.

While winning a first round game means the team gets an entry for next year, I am hearing that the crew is going to pack it up after this year.
I’ve heard that Ot Elmore is done after this season and will focus on law school. Haven’t heard about anyone else yet. Wouldn’t surprise me though, it’s honestly not worth it outside of like 2-3 teams that have a real shot.

Gonna be tough to beat BV. They have the length and play good defense. HT will have to shoot lights out.

Saw JE doing a tv interview last week and he has really put on weight. I see above that the game is on tomorrow night. Are these minor league made up teams worth watching? I played a lot of this kind of tournament ball after college but for a LOT less money. Lol

My nephew plays for Best Virginia and said it should be a good game. Lots of respect for Herd That.

I think it's fun. Seems like it's growing and coming up on ten years. In existence. Some people must like it. Maybe you should have asked if everyone cares about it instead of anyone. Oh and the crowd will be nice tomorrow, mostly eers but still a good crowd.

Yeah, quite a few people. It’s fun, it’s in downtime, and it’s seeing guys we’re all familiar with playing ball together with competitive stakes.

There have been some good crowds especially around the host schools.
Not to mention the guys actually playing hoping for a shot at the winner-take-all 1 Million $$$ Prize!!

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Does anyone REALLY care about this tournament
Considering it has gone on for 8 years...yes.

Not to mention the guys actually playing hoping for a shot at the winner-take-all 1 Million $$$ Prize!!

People forget DeAndre Kane won this with Overseas Elite 4 times in a row and once with Boeheim's Army.

Given the $2 million and now $1 million splits (max 12 players) totalling $8 million by being on winning teams, he's likely made more money off this tournament than playing overseas.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Considering it has gone on for 8 years...yes.

People forget DeAndre Kane won this with Overseas Elite 4 times in a row and once with Boeheim's Army.

Given the $2 million and now $1 million splits (max 12 players) totalling $8 million by being on winning teams, he's likely made more money off this tournament than playing overseas.
So has the cbi and cit and no one cares about those

Jon seemed to be in good shape yesterday. He just finished a season in Europe. Are you sure you aren't confusing Jon with Ot?
Dang...
BS3_8253-scaled.jpg

images

33_Ot_Elmore.jpg

Ot_Elmore_1_16_16.jpg

You watch the entire tournament?
Entire tournament, no. But, there's seems to be a game on espn or espn2 just about every night. I've watched 3 games not involving Herd That myself. It's a down time for television. If it's not for you, great!

Reactions: Elkview
Pretty clear that while Jon was playing in Europe, Ot was hard at work training several hours a day at . . . . . . Burger King, Taco Bell, etc., etc.. . . .
Maybe more so Burger King, Taco Bell just causes you to shit it right out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT