ADVERTISEMENT

Hey douchebags that only show up when we lose...

Rifle is being a douchbag because we won. Don't buy he didn't like the grammar in a commercial. He now hates Marshall. I hate that

Random needs to find the Lord and beg for forgiveness. I will pray the devil don't get your soul. Did you go to church today?

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong in thinking this team couldn’t make it to the dance. So excited for them and happy for the program. This is exciting and I couldn’t be happier. I still hold reservations about Danny as a coach. But He’s done what many others before him couldn’t do. Go Herd!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
@The Real SamC I don’t think you’re a DB but I’d be interested to hear your take on things this morning. You were pretty negative about the program all year.

- I am glad to have been wrong.
- I have never considered myself "negative" about basketball. I remember when MU devoted the vast majority of our limited resources to that sport and made pretty much a token effort at football. We can talk about it more in the off-season, but, IMHO, it was not just after the crash that football almost ended here, but in the mid 80s, with the stadium condemned and rotting and the team losing. A combination of men saved MU football.
- Today, we do not make the effort in basketball I would like to see. An effort that will yield consistent contention. The program needs $$. (and, yes, my $100 is on the way, and glad to lose the bet). We need better TV, we need a better travel situation (which is a function of being in a league brought together by football), we need arena upgrades, we need several more things.
- I compare this year's team to UK. No, I'm not saying we could beat UK, nor am I going to do a comment like the one in football that the Spamies blew up TITM over (MU is the Notre Dame of the G5). No, MU is not the UK of the one-bid leagues. But THIS PARTICULAR SEASON, UK and MU had similar teams in this respect. Inconsistent play. Beat good teams, then lost to teams that they should have wiped the floor with. And "get hot in the tournament and who knows". And MU is CUSA champs and UK is SEC champs. Despite the fact that, regular season, both were probably in a group fighting for the 3rd to 6th best on and overall season basis. Both won the finals wearing the dark uniforms (which are worn by the lower finisher in the regular season). Both should have been dark in the semis, but for someone else taking out the top seed.
- The difference, of course, is the SEC gets 8 or 10 teams and CUSA gets one. MTSU belongs in, but won't get in, because the corrupt NCAA will always take the 8th or 10th loser from the "big" 12 or ACC or whatever over a far better 2nd team from a mid-major. That is the system, and it would suck to be MTSU today. That is why AND I AM NOT BEING NEGATIVE scheduling up a bit would be a good thing. You know I think MH is a great AD, but getting into one of those tournament on some island or Vegas in November with some good teams is better than these Global whatevers with NC AT&T or Southern. All I am saying now, and ALL I EVER SAID.
- Again, we can have this discussion in the off-season, but WE SHOULD SUPPORT BOTH OUR MAJOR SPORT COACHES AND OUR AD. ALL are doing, IMHO, a fine job. The worst thing that can happen (happened at WVU twice in my lifetime, caused them to lose big both times) is get the fanbase into a "basketball party" and a "football party" and be at each other's throats about it, with the AD in the middle. We need ONE standard to judge all 3 men by, and, IMHO, all three are honor roll students right now.

IF ANYONE THINKS I AM NOT ESTATIC ABOUT THE 304 BOYS, YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Moving on.

- I don't want to play or be in a bracket with WVU.
- IF, and it could, we have basketball on a sustainable upswing that last a half decade or more, I still don't want to restart all of this ho-ha about playing WVU in the regular season. WVU's non-alumni fanbase is just intolerable and insular. We need to be outward looking. We need to be better AND THAT IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY DURING THE SEASON. We are better, show it.
- I don't want to play UK either. MASSSIVE respect for UK, and we deserve a slightly higher seed. If at 6 they reveal MU-UK, it means that this corrupt committee had WKU penciled in and just substituted us when we won, which is a sad thing.
- Every site has us going out west. Don't understand that. Truth is that first round games, particularly the day session are not a hard ticket and MU delivers as many as the next mid-major to Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Detroit or Nashville.
- I say a 14 seed.
- I say MTSU gets at least to the last 8 of the NIT.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT