ADVERTISEMENT

High energy prices? No worries. Maybe we should shut down another pipeline.

This is getting framed as them wanting to shut it down to reduce carbon based fuel usage, and I agree that that would be dumb, but from reading up on it the issue is more that they’re worried sections of this pipeline are about to break.
I have no idea if it’s actually about to break but that’s the context of this.

This is getting framed as them wanting to shut it down to reduce carbon based fuel usage, and I agree that that would be dumb, but from reading up on it the issue is more that they’re worried sections of this pipeline are about to break.
Please explain why a company that makes their money from oil flowing through a pipeline would know the pipeline is about to break and not be willing or able to fix it.

Thanks.

Our wallets are about to break because of this clown

They really are. Maybe we would be better off with Kamala Harris. Would people listen to her?

We need a president that nobody would listen to. Biden is actually making stuff happen. Terrible stuff. I didn't know he was so powerful.

Please explain why a company that makes their money from oil flowing through a pipeline would know the pipeline is about to break and not be willing or able to fix it.

Thanks.
It costs a lot of money to fix and they’d rather gamble with dropping a shitload of oil into the Great Lakes if things go wrong than spend the money, since they don’t really consider the former to be their problem.

It costs a lot of money to fix and they’d rather gamble with dropping a shitload of oil into the Great Lakes if things go wrong than spend the money, since they don’t really consider the former to be their problem.
you don't really believe that do you?

Fiction can be fun.

Seriously, that’s the best you could do? I know you’re smarter than that, that was Extra level stuff right there.

Can we get an eye roll emoji added to the "like" options? We are sorely in need of one.

222593602744eea56b21825795cf8c74.gif

Reactions: ThunderCat98
1) No one "shutdown" a pipeline. The Keystone XL pipeline was not operational. The Keystone pipeline is still flowing. Biden cancelled the construction permits.
2) Even if operational the oil from the Keystone XL would have little to no effect on gas prices. Tar Sands Crude is too dirty and too costly to be turned into gasoline.
3) In addition, almost all of the oil transported via the pipeline is sold to foreign buyers. TransCanada has contracts in place with foreign buyers.

There are a lot of factors that are contributing to higher gas & heating prices and you can pin some on the current administration but the pipeline issue really isn't one of them.

Thanks.
Ask the company. It's already spilled 33 times and over a million gallons

1) No one "shutdown" a pipeline. The Keystone XL pipeline was not operational. The Keystone pipeline is still flowing. Biden cancelled the construction permits.
2) Even if operational the oil from the Keystone XL would have little to no effect on gas prices. Tar Sands Crude is too dirty and too costly to be turned into gasoline.
3) In addition, almost all of the oil transported via the pipeline is sold to foreign buyers. TransCanada has contracts in place with foreign buyers.

There are a lot of factors that are contributing to higher gas & heating prices and you can pin some on the current administration but the pipeline issue really isn't one of them.
We all knew what was coming with Mush Biden taking over. We warned you all. He is clearly a big part of the problem. We we were energy independent a short time ago, a now Mush BIden is begging OPEC and the Russians. The Keyston pipeline was just the beginning. Hang on. He is an incompetent boob.

I'm going to have to break the bicycle back out, and try to ride it in the deep snow up here.

Wish I had biking shorts like rifle wears. I can't wear the tight bike shorts though, as it attracts too many females.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT