ADVERTISEMENT

Hokies - You live in LA, right?

herdfan06

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 3, 2007
Hokies, you live in LA, right? I am here through tomorrow for the Marathon and will be in the City of Industry for work Wednesday through early Friday morning.

About an hour north of LA in Ventura. Someone I work with is running in the marathon also.

I've never been to the part you'll be in, although I'm sure like everywhere else around here the traffic is abysmal.

I am staying in Hawthorne tonight, yesterday I got a good tour of the area riding the bus and light rail.

I've probably seen less of LA than most tourists that come for a few days. I know the area around the Staples Center decently though.

You're not really near it and I don't know if you have time, but if you like museums I strongly recommend the Getty Center. It's really worth going just for the views if museums aren't your thing. And if you like Roman and Greek art the Getty Villa in Malibu is amazing. They're both really cool places to spend a day.

I will have to check those places out if I come out here again, I am meeting up with my Aunt and Uncle this evening and heading out to Vegas tomorrow late afternoon.

Wow 06 working in the city of industry and staying in Hawthorne. Whoever booked your trip should be fired. LOL

Originally posted by caliherd:
Wow 06 working in the city of industry and staying in Hawthorne. Whoever booked your trip should be fired. LOL
I would agree with you if that were the case. I stayed in Hawthorne for the Marathon, I will be staying at the Pacific Palms Resort when I return back to California on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT