ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Toledo

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
It is bad enough getting thumped on the road. Toledo 41 Herd 23 at the half. Hope they play better the second half.

Questionable no call on Elmore as the time expired in regulation.
What's really puzzling is how Marshall found themselves down by so many points in the 2nd half.

Why is it that Marshall can never get a call at home in basket ball? Has someone pissed off the refs because every game Marshall plays away that home team will get a lot of homer calls. I just find this odd tbh.

Reactions: herd2believe
December 15 MAC going for the sweep of us!! Is it me or do we just over hype basketball and football every year? Not trying to be negative but we seem to be more and more average. In WV you don’t have the professional sports so you’re either a Marshall fan or WVU fan and bad year for either program is hard to digest...at least the basketball team’s fun to watch!

Last edited:
Reactions: Elkview
If the Herd would have shot anywhere NEAR where the average high school team shoots, from the field, the 3 point shot, and on foul shots, the game would haven't have come down to a "no call" by the zebras.

If team wants to look for the reason it lost, players need to look in the mirror and not at the officiating!!!

December 15 MAC going for the sweep of us!! Is it me or do we just over hype basketball and football every year? Not trying to be negative but we seem to be more and more average. In WV you don’t have the professional sports so your either a Marshall fan or WVU fan and bad year for either program are hard to digest...at least the basketball team is fun to watch!

Ok.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
If the Herd would have shot anywhere NEAR where the average high school team shoots, from the field, the 3 point shot, and on foul shots, the game would haven't have come down to a "no call" by the zebras.

If team wants to look for the reason it lost, players need to look in the mirror and not at the officiating!!!
Here's an interesting tidbit on today's game
92 points were scored on the east end basket. Only 57 were scored on the west end basket.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Here's an interesting tidbit on today's game
92 points were scored on the east end basket. Only 57 were scored on the west end basket.
Hmm, could've been something wrong with the shooting background for today's game. It would be interesting to see the numbers for all home games last year and this year to see if there is a major difference.

My question is this....was Peneva the true MVP last year or is this team just bad this year?

Reactions: Elkview
Let’s see, the baskets were not the same, possible problem with the shooting background, and of course the gold standard complaint of MU fans “the officials stole the game”.
I see it this way, these guys along with DD are a very likable group, easy to root for. Last years team got rolling and caught lightning in a bottle for two hours in San Diego.
Given Marshall’s total lack of post season NCAA success we all went nuts, me included, because of one win and assigned expectations to this team that were very high before AP skipped town. Repeating last years run may be a bridge to far but I like watching these guys and hope they jell during the conference season. The guys are experiencing the big difference being the target not the hunter.

Let’s see, the baskets were not the same, possible problem with the shooting background, and of course the gold standard complaint of MU fans “the officials stole the game”.
I see it this way, these guys along with DD are a very likable group, easy to root for. Last years team got rolling and caught lightning in a bottle for two hours in San Diego.
Given Marshall’s total lack of post season NCAA success we all went nuts, me included, because of one win and assigned expectations to this team that were very high before AP skipped town. Repeating last years run may be a bridge to far but I like watching these guys and hope they jell during the conference season. The guys are experiencing the big difference being the target not the hunter.
.....borrowing the old UCF complaint: the difference is the crown on the front of the west rim....

Reactions: GreenDuke
I don't believe that is what the original poster is saying. He stated that both teams shot much worse and scored far fewer points on one basket versus the other in the game.

My question is this....was Peneva the true MVP last year or is this team just bad this year?

PENEVA meant more than most imagined. He defended the paint and recorded several Dbl--Dbls. Dan always said he was a heck of a player & improved greatly annually from the young guy that stepped on campus a few years removed.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

PENEVA meant more than most imagined. He defended the paint and recorded several Dbl--Dbls. Dan always said he was a heck of a player & improved greatly annually from the young guy that stepped on campus a few years removed.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
I agree, the efficiency metrics show that Peneva was our most important offensive and defensive player last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT