ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible...

Agree with the above on all counts. That was a watershed moment for this season. It may send us on a lengthy losing streak, considering who we have coming up. Disappointed to say the least! Go Herd

Looking at the remaining games
...I only see one winnable game (So Miss). It is looking like the team may not make the CUSA tournament in Frisco!

HerdZilla22

Reactions: The Real SamC
Ouch...facts are hard.

Most have been in the program longer
than their graduation year. REDSHIRTS where they learn the game in practice...no matter what Alan Iverson said about ...¨practice---Alan don´t like practice.¨

Guys are not executing what the coaches are teaching them in PRACTICE!

HerdZilla22

And, as OTHER POSTERS have rightly pointed out, not recruiting the team into a position where you have nobody in a particular class (unless you are playing the one-and-done deal) is on the HC.

It is. The difference between those attacking basketball and those attacking football is results.

DD has put Marshall in the conference championship twice in the last three years. In other words, he is living up to "We Play for Championships." On the other hand, John hasn't had Marshall football playing for a championship in the last five years even though Marshall football has major advantages over almost every other team in the conference.

Nobody is claiming that DD is doing a remarkable job. There is a severe lack of consistency with all of his teams. But you can't even begin to compare the two coaches: again, DD has had Marshall in the conference championship twice in the last three years, won the championship once and advanced a round in the tournament, has had more success in that regard than any other coach in Marshall basketball history, and John hasn't been able to match any single part of that in five years.

Courtesy of riflearm:

--------------------------------

And, as OTHER POSTERS have rightly pointed out, not recruiting the team into a position where you have nobody in a particular class (unless you are playing the one-and-done deal) is on the HC.

It is. The difference between those attacking basketball and those attacking football is results.

DD has put Marshall in the conference championship twice in the last three years. In other words, he is living up to "We Play for Championships." On the other hand, John hasn't had Marshall football playing for a championship in the last five years even though Marshall football has major advantages over almost every other team in the conference.

Nobody is claiming that DD is doing a remarkable job. There is a severe lack of consistency with all of his teams. But you can't even begin to compare the two coaches: again, DD has had Marshall in the conference championship twice in the last three years, won the championship once and advanced a round in the tournament, has had more success in that regard than any other coach in Marshall basketball history, and John hasn't been able to match any single part of that in five years.

We are not very good and young. I’m not sure why this is a surprise. We have no one that can create shots for another player and we have no outside threats.

"BECAUSE WE WON AN NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME!!!! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND YOU SILLY ONE!!! THATS LIKE AMAZING!!!!! WHY WE ARE NOT GETTING TOP RECRUITS AND ARE LOSING IS BECAUSE ITS DOC AND HAMRICK'S FAULT!!!"

First off, its 4 years, not 3. Dan was hired in 2014. He got the team to the conference finals in 2016 and won it in 2017.
In his first 5 years, Doc had the exact same resume.
Doc had a severe droppage in production in 2016 and it appears Dan is headed in the same direction.

Dan is not a good head coach...why do I say this? The same reason why you are saying it about Doc. HE FAILS TO WIN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP! Remember??!! That criteria you all foolishly seem to believe is the true measure of a program over, on I dunno, consistency?!

I don't believe Doc was ever at the helm where the opposing team put their waterboy in...like seriously?!?! UVA took a giant steamy dump on Marshall by doing that...but nobody batted an eye to Dan?! That was with our storied greatest modern era player too?!!

Sorry, the only notoriety MU is gonna get this season is being under Duquesne's "Bad Loss" when they are debated for NCAA tournament inclusion.

First off, its 4 years, not 3. Dan was hired in 2014. He got the team to the conference finals in 2016 and won it in 2017.
In his first 5 years, Doc had the exact same resume.
Doc had a severe droppage in production in 2016 and it appears Dan is headed in the same direction.

Dan is not a good head coach...why do I say this? The same reason why you are saying it about Doc. HE FAILS TO WIN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP! Remember??!! That criteria you all foolishly seem to believe is the true measure of a program over, on I dunno, consistency?!

I don't believe Doc was ever at the helm where the opposing team put their waterboy in...like seriously?!?! UVA took a giant steamy dump on Marshall by doing that...but nobody batted an eye to Dan?! That was with our storied greatest modern era player too?!!

Sorry, the only notoriety MU is gonna get this season is being under Duquesne's "Bad Loss" when they are debated for NCAA tournament inclusion.

Everything you say is correct. But it is important to remember that CUSA was formed for football and is made up of 14 schools each trying to play at the same level in football. Men’s basketball, and everything else, was drug along, and the 14 different schools have vastly different goals and levels of commitment to basketball, et al.

So while MU football must best 14 teams; MU basketball really only should have to worry about 5 or 6.

The fact that we are currently on the cusp of not even making the conference tournament is a level of embarrassment that truly sad.

No, moron, it is three years, not the four you claim. When people refer to "years" in talking about an athletic season, they don't count the 2018-2019 season as two years. It is one year. For instance, Elmore had a better Junior YEAR than senior YEAR. That doesn't mean that he was better in just the part of his junior year that was in 2017. It means he was better in his junior YEAR (2017-2018) than he was in his senior YEAR (2018-2019).

Dan took us to the finals in 2016-2017. He won the championship in 2017-2018. He failed in 2018-2019. That means he has gone to the conference championship in two out of the last three years, which is exactly what I said.

Another way to dumb it down and look at it: the conference championship is held in March each year.

2017: played in the championship
2018: won the championship
2019: didn't make it

We haven't reached March of 2020. In other words, Marshall has played for the conference championship in two of the last three years.

Everything you say is correct. .

Well, I just proved that to be wrong. You should be used to it.

But it is important to remember that CUSA was formed for football and is made up of 14 schools each trying to play at the same level in football. Men’s basketball, and everything else, was drug along, and the 14 different schools have vastly different goals and levels of commitment to basketball, et al.

So while MU football must best 14 teams; MU basketball really only should have to worry about 5 or 6.

Let me show you the illogic in your claim.

Football drives the SEC. That being the case, does that mean it is acceptable for an Alabama, an LSU, or a Georgia to lose to a Vandy? If that is what drives that conference and each school tries their hardest to succeed in football and puts most of their marbles in football, it would be understandable if Vandy beat those teams, right? Of course not. Why not? Because Alabama, LSU, and Georgia have huge advantages to winning in football than Vandy does. They have much better facilities, much higher coaching salaries, much bigger fan bases, much better history, and far lower academic restrictions on recruits than Vandy does.

Likewise, you claim that football is what drives C-USA. You claim that all of those schools put most of their marbles into football in C-USA. Fair enough - but you must look at the things we just looked at in regards to SEC football. Just like Vandy shouldn't beat Alabama, Georgia, or LSU, schools like FIU, Old Dominion, Charlotte, Rice, etc. shouldn't have any chance against Marshall. Why? For the same reasons that Vandy shouldn't against Alabama, Georgia, or LSU. Marshall has huge advantages to winning in football over those schools.

It's really not a tough concept. Even somebody who is wrong as much as you are should be able to understand it.

Courtesy of riflearm:

--------------------------------

DD has put Marshall in the conference championship twice in the last three years.

I swear to heaven above, GHMY, are you really this stupid, or are you just pretending to be? Look at the sentence above. Rifle correctly stated a fact, which you then said was incorrect. Shall we break it down for you so you & Sam can collectively have an "aw shit" moment? OK - here we go:

2016-17 Season: Marshall appears in CUSA tourney finals, loses (MTSU?)
2017-18 Season: Marshall appears in CUSA tourney finals, WINS!!
2018-19 Season: Marshall falls in the quarter finals to USM
2019-20 Season: TBD

See? That wasn't very hard.....

I swear to heaven above, GHMY, are you really this stupid, or are you just pretending to be? Look at the sentence above. Rifle correctly stated a fact, which you then said was incorrect. Shall we break it down for you so you & Sam can collectively have an "aw shit" moment? OK - here we go:

2016-17 Season: Marshall appears in CUSA tourney finals, loses (MTSU?)
2017-18 Season: Marshall appears in CUSA tourney finals, WINS!!
2018-19 Season: Marshall falls in the quarter finals to USM
2019-20 Season: TBD

See? That wasn't very hard.....

When you have to cling to some faker like rifle then you automatically lose credibility. Not like you had any to begin with Boomer, but considering your behavior at football games I won't hold it against you.

Reactions: The Real SamC
No, moron, it is three years, not the four you claim. When people refer to "years" in talking about an athletic season, they don't count the 2018-2019 season as two years. It is one year. For instance, Elmore had a better Junior YEAR than senior YEAR. That doesn't mean that he was better in just the part of his junior year that was in 2017. It means he was better in his junior YEAR (2017-2018) than he was in his senior YEAR (2018-2019).

Dan took us to the finals in 2016-2017. He won the championship in 2017-2018. He failed in 2018-2019. That means he has gone to the conference championship in two out of the last three years, which is exactly what I said.

Another way to dumb it down and look at it: the conference championship is held in March each year.

2017: played in the championship
2018: won the championship
2019: didn't make it

We haven't reached March of 2020. In other words, Marshall has played for the conference championship in two of the last three years.

Well, I just proved that to be wrong. You should be used to it.

Let me show you the illogic in your claim.

Football drives the SEC. That being the case, does that mean it is acceptable for an Alabama, an LSU, or a Georgia to lose to a Vandy? If that is what drives that conference and each school tries their hardest to succeed in football and puts most of their marbles in football, it would be understandable if Vandy beat those teams, right? Of course not. Why not? Because Alabama, LSU, and Georgia have huge advantages to winning in football than Vandy does. They have much better facilities, much higher coaching salaries, much bigger fan bases, much better history, and far lower academic restrictions on recruits than Vandy does.

Likewise, you claim that football is what drives C-USA. You claim that all of those schools put most of their marbles into football in C-USA. Fair enough - but you must look at the things we just looked at in regards to SEC football. Just like Vandy shouldn't beat Alabama, Georgia, or LSU, schools like FIU, Old Dominion, Charlotte, Rice, etc. shouldn't have any chance against Marshall. Why? For the same reasons that Vandy shouldn't against Alabama, Georgia, or LSU. Marshall has huge advantages to winning in football over those schools.

It's really not a tough concept. Even somebody who is wrong as much as you are should be able to understand it.

If only all your effort on here actually meant something, you might be as successful as you claim.

If only all your effort on here actually meant something, you might be as successful as you claim.

For those of us with an IQ in triple digits, it doesn't take much effort to count to three.

In all seriousness, how dumb must you be to try correcting me (and being wrong) on something so simple as counting to three?

Hey junior - NONE of what any of us do on here means ANYTHING. It's a sports message board you idiot. Curing cancer means something....

For those of us with an IQ in triple digits, it doesn't take much effort to count to three.

In all seriousness, how dumb must you be to try correcting me (and being wrong) on something so simple as counting to three?

Not much effort at all, but it takes you a tremendous amount of it to continue to convince yourself you're right on here. Not just with what's being discussed currently, but everything in general.
If only you used your self proclaimed, "IQ in triple digits" for useful endeavors, you may not have to make such an effort to speak for yourself.

Hey junior - NONE of what any of us do on here means ANYTHING. It's a sports message board you idiot. Curing cancer means something....

Ok Boomer, which is why you make such a big deal of everything on here? Ranting about football coaches and sports in general, getting upset as you are currently over supposedly nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT