ADVERTISEMENT

How bad does Herschel walker lose tonight?

Depends on what kind of disability it is. If the adult has the mental capacity of a mashed potato…I don’t. If it’s someone that can barely walk…wheelchair etc…certainly.
Mashed potato? Well that would disenfranchise the Trump voters, so good :cool:

Although I mostly work with younger and middle aged people with disabilities, my mind usually goes first to the elderly....I think, what would have affected my grandmother, and how. Soon it will be how it affects my mother.

Democrats had about 250,000 vote advantage due to mail in voting. That is like going down 21 to 0 before the game starts in a football game. So, before Walker ever gets a vote on election day he was down by 250,000.

Now if you think all those home boys are filling out those ballots legally and turning them in good for you.

The Dems have figured out with early voting, Covid, etc. how to game the system. Call it what you want.
Ballot harvesting I believe is what you are referring to. Fill out a bunch of mail in ballots from legitimate voter rolls to be counted regardless of who actually filled it out so it appears legitimate

If you “need help” to write your name on a ballot and “help” reading and comprehending a ballot….you should have no right to vote.
But according to the GA GOP you’re a fine candidate for Senator.

I’m fine with banning ballot harvesting as long as I can still walk to my mailbox and drop in my vote.

If you “need help” to write your name on a ballot and “help” reading and comprehending a ballot….you should have no right to vote.
Yet these people could very well be employed and pay taxes, or used to before dementia started creeping in. So no. Never mind that voting is a human right and all.

I have helped many people with intellectual disabilities vote. They understand a lot more than you think they do. Sometimes you just have to break it down a little for them. I like to meet with them prior to election day or early voting period, have a sample ballot, and help them research the candidates. We go over what their websites say, for example. Or they tell me, for example, they like Trump...I ask them if they want me to figure out which candidates like Trump or which ones say they like Trump (and which ones say fvck Trump lol) and we highlight them on a sample ballot. Many of them are clear they want straight ticket. A lot of them rattle off names they heard on TV ads. And of course, like everyone else, many of them don't give a shit and don't vote.

Ballot harvesting I believe is what you are referring to. Fill out a bunch of mail in ballots from legitimate voter rolls to be counted regardless of who actually filled it out so it appears legitimate
This is not what that phrase means. It is simply allowing someone to collect more than one mail in/absentee ballot and bring it in/stick in the mail. Falsely filling out ballots is simply vote fraud, period, and a crime.

Yet these people could very well be employed and pay taxes
I dont care. So do many teenagers...There is a reason why historically we haven't allowed them to vote.

But...we have a president that barely knows what day it is. If a dementia patient can be president, then might as well allow someone who cant read a ballot without help, vote.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Then why do you always complain about it? Every other damn post on this topic you act like in-person early voting is the devil.

You do know that in some states it is legal to "harvest" votes, right? If by harvesting you mean collecting filled out ballots and dropping them off. And you do know that both sides do this in those states, right? Because it is legal.

Do you know the law in Georgia on this? You might be surprised....

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-21/chapter-2/article-10/section-21-2-385

I 100% support allowing a family member or sworn helper (in some states you fill out an affidavit for this, much as a poll worker does to help someone at the actual polls) to do this for the disabled with absentee ballots, FWIW.
Gathering up the entire neighborhoods ballot and filing it out for Lamont is crooked.

Interestingly none of the liberals or "libertarians" here have mentioned how many voters $150,000,000 will infuence...

CandidateRaisedSpentCash on HandLast Report
Raphael Warnock (D)IncumbentWinner$150,526,335$126,232,942$29,729,70611/16/2022
Herschel Walker (R)$58,305,009$48,455,356$9,849,65311/16/2022
Chase Oliver (L)$7,790

It's just easier to say "But Trump..."

Interestingly none of the liberals or "libertarians" here have mentioned how many voters $150,000,000 will infuence...

CandidateRaisedSpentCash on HandLast Report
Raphael Warnock (D)IncumbentWinner$150,526,335$126,232,942$29,729,70611/16/2022
Herschel Walker (R)$58,305,009$48,455,356$9,849,65311/16/2022
Chase Oliver (L)$7,790

It's just easier to say "But Trump..."
How much money got spent on the other races, which the Republicans won? Trump backed a shit candidate and got him through the primary. But that wasn’t enough to get him elected. You all can not learn your lesson from this and keep getting shit candidates if you want, but you’ll keep losing.

And yeah, please, get all the money out of politics. Wasn’t my side pushing Citizen’s United, don’t bitch about the after effects.

How much money got spent on the other races, which the Republicans won?

Probably wasn't almost 3 to 1 in favor of the Democrats or they would have done better, wouldn't they???

Wasn’t my side pushing Citizen’s United, don’t bitch about the after effects.

Please explain how I was "bitching" about the after effects??? Simply acknowledging the disparity in spending in a close election is hardly "bitching"...

But Trump...

Democrats also have fake charities set up and they are nothing more than fundr raising arms for their candidates. They are just better at gaming the system. They have way more money.

I’m fine with banning ballot harvesting as long as I can still walk to my mailbox and drop in my vote.

No, you're not going to be fine with it, the moment you realize the negative impact it will have on your team's ability to win.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Walker didn’t win bc he was a chit candidate whose own family doesn’t like him. I’m shocked it was that close, if anything strong work on the republican side to find enough votes to make it close

No, you're not going to be fine with it, the moment you realize the negative impact it will have on your team's ability to win.
No I really am, because unlike you I have principles that I would stick to even if they hurt “my team.” “My team” winning isn’t the most important thing to me. I would rather lose a fair election than cheat and win.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
So do many teenagers.
They are not adults. So moot point.
Gathering up the entire neighborhoods ballot and filing it out for Lamont is crooked.
If any person is doing this, it is a crime. Please cite instances. I do know a candidate in NC had people working for him that were doing something like this...and you know which party it was. That doesn't mean Republicans are cheaters. But it sure puts a hole in your theory.
It is obscene how much money is spent on elections. But at a certain point, I don't think it matters, you either have enough money to run your campaign or you do not. $50 million dollars, it's still a ton of money.

We have been led to believe that ad saturation in tightly contested races is how to win. Oddly, there is research showing that the most effective advertising targets non-competitive areas, especially if the advertising is positive. These tightly contested areas, ads just seem to cancel out each other. It would be interesting to study turnout and voting patterns in non-urban areas of GA, and how each candidate spent money there, and how much.

What is actually more disgusting than what you cited is outside money. Actual donations to the candidate, either people want to donate or they do not (and let's be real, it is likely many Republicans knew donating to Walker was flushing money down the toilet), and $2900 limit, it's not like people really buy a candidate. The PAC money and dark money, Jesus Christ who knows who and how much. I find it very untasteful.
And yeah, please, get all the money out of politics.
A fvckin men.

It is obscene how much money is spent on elections. But at a certain point, I don't think it matters, you either have enough money to run your campaign or you do not. $50 million dollars, it's still a ton of money.

We have been led to believe that ad saturation in tightly contested races is how to win. Oddly, there is research showing that the most effective advertising targets non-competitive areas, especially if the advertising is positive. These tightly contested areas, ads just seem to cancel out each other. It would be interesting to study turnout and voting patterns in non-urban areas of GA, and how each candidate spent money there, and how much.

What is actually more disgusting than what you cited is outside money. Actual donations to the candidate, either people want to donate or they do not (and let's be real, it is likely many Republicans knew donating to Walker was flushing money down the toilet), and $2900 limit, it's not like people really buy a candidate. The PAC money and dark money, Jesus Christ who knows who and how much. I find it very untasteful.

I actually agree with much of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT