ADVERTISEMENT

How is everybody doing during the China Virus Pandemic?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Be careful out there. No sports, nothing worth a shit on tv, no social gatherings, nothing. Self quarantines and social distancing are the new norms.

I am just hoping we have a football season come fall. Thank you China Virus.

Can we please not perpetuate the animosity by tagging this pandemic with a regional name? Covid-19 identifies this virus just fine. And don’t take this as a political post; I only wish to stem the misdirected hostility toward Asian Americans, who have had as little to do with this virus any one of us. Yes, it began in China, and China made mistakes in the early stages of an unprecedented situation, most likely because they didn't completely realize the full scope of the virus as a health and economic crisis. But glass houses and all…

Stay healthy my friends.

Can we please not perpetuate the animosity by tagging this pandemic with a regional name? Covid-19 identifies this virus just fine. And don’t take this as a political post; I only wish to stem the misdirected hostility toward Asian Americans, who have had as little to do with this virus any one of us. Yes, it began in China, and China made mistakes in the early stages of an unprecedented situation, most likely because they didn't completely realize the full scope of the virus as a health and economic crisis. But glass houses and all…

Stay healthy my friends.
Sorry but I will continue to call it the China virus. They sat on info and data and screwed us over. The Chinese communist government can go sit and spin on a pickle.

Stay healthy my friends.

He's a deplorable. He does it on purpose because he is a sheep who does what his leader does. I've already had this discussion with him, but he likes perpetuating violence and harassment of those people with darker skin than he has, just like he and his leader enjoyed doing with their accusations about Mexicans, Middle Easterners, "shithole countries," etc.

He's a deplorable. He does it on purpose because he is a sheep who does what his leader does. I've already had this discussion with him, but he likes perpetuating violence and harassment of those people with darker skin than he has, just like he and his leader enjoyed doing with their accusations about Mexicans, Middle Easterners, "shithole countries," etc.

Or, stay with me here, he just does it because he knows it pisses you off.

Reactions: 19MU88
As an "essential employee" this virus hasn't really meant much to me... I get up, go to work, come home, play golf 3-4 days a week, run on the other days... Being 35, no wife/kids, living alone on a golf course is pretty freaking sweet... Also been saving a bunch of money because there is nowhere to go out for lunch or dinner. Ive lost four pounds in the last 2 two weeks... Overall, as happy as a lark (as long as I am deemed essential and can keep working).

I'm gonna step right over the dead body of my morals and say calling it the China Virus is the right thing to do. We're seeing the Chinese finally move to outlaw the sale of "non-traditional" meats in their street markets. Had they done that the first time this happened seventeen years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Okay, maybe call it the Xi Xinping Virus, or The Pooh Bear Cough, whatever. But the world needs to recognize the existential threat that China possesses. Nations throughout the world have spent the last 50 years disassembling our local economies to sit on a house of cards propped up by cheap Chinese slave labor, and this crisis is exposing how we are at their mercy now.

One of my formative memories was my father's chemical job being shipped over to China, along with thousands of his co-workers, because E.I. DuPont wanted to be free to dump birth-defect juice directly into the water table without fear of lawsuit or penalty. You can have whatever progressive platform in the US that you want, so long as China is producing all of the world's goods, they're going to keep fouling up the planet and our global health systems with complete abandon.

Just because their careless disregard for non-Chinese human life on this planet didn't get us all killed this time, doesn't mean the next bug to come out of their backwaters won't finish us off.

Reactions: i am herdman
Okay as some of you know I am involved in this as part of the IDT at the Hospital system I work for. I am potentially exposed daily to this. The community where I serve in has now confirmed 3 cases but we are sure there are many more.We expect this to begin peaking soon and have made full preparations to deal with the surge. Pay attention to the advice of the experts and help those of us who are on the front lines do our jobs so we can also go home to our families. Peace out, and say a prayer for all of the health care professionals today to stay safe if you have a minute.

Sorry but I will continue to call it the China virus. They sat on info and data and screwed us over. The Chinese communist government can go sit and spin on a pickle.

exactly. China virus works for me and/or Wuhan Virus.

My goodness, anyone stupid enough to have any animosity over Chinese or Asians over this virus is certainly not going to be stopped by a change in virus name.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I'm gonna step right over the dead body of my morals and say calling it the China Virus is the right thing to do. We're seeing the Chinese finally move to outlaw the sale of "non-traditional" meats in their street markets. Had they done that the first time this happened seventeen years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Okay, maybe call it the Xi Xinping Virus, or The Pooh Bear Cough, whatever. But the world needs to recognize the existential threat that China possesses. Nations throughout the world have spent the last 50 years disassembling our local economies to sit on a house of cards propped up by cheap Chinese slave labor, and this crisis is exposing how we are at their mercy now.

One of my formative memories was my father's chemical job being shipped over to China, along with thousands of his co-workers, because E.I. DuPont wanted to be free to dump birth-defect juice directly into the water table without fear of lawsuit or penalty. You can have whatever progressive platform in the US that you want, so long as China is producing all of the world's goods, they're going to keep fouling up the planet and our global health systems with complete abandon.

Just because their careless disregard for non-Chinese human life on this planet didn't get us all killed this time, doesn't mean the next bug to come out of their backwaters won't finish us off.
Exactly, time to call them out just like the commies(well they are that as well) back during the Cold War days.

They need to change their ways and they have screwed us over.

My goodness, anyone stupid enough to have any animosity over Chinese or Asians over this virus is certainly not going to be stopped by a change in virus name.

That's the problem. The moron you support is also supported by an abnormally high amount of poorly educated hilljacks who see his dangerous rhetoric for exactly what it is.

That is why there was such a huge increase in violence towards hispanics, middle easterners, etc. each time he would make those types of comments. It's why there are cases where people who are arrested for threats against those groups claimed "Trump will take care of me." That's why people at Trump rallies have been arrested for assaulting non-violent protestors after Trump would talk about "roughing them up," promising to pay their legal bills if they did it, etc.

Your kind is the exact "anyone stupid enough to . . . " that you referenced in your post, and that is why his use of the phrase is dangerous.

That's the problem. The moron you support is also supported by an abnormally high amount of poorly educated hilljacks who see his dangerous rhetoric for exactly what it is.

That is why there was such a huge increase in violence towards hispanics, middle easterners, etc. each time he would make those types of comments. It's why there are cases where people who are arrested for threats against those groups claimed "Trump will take care of me." That's why people at Trump rallies have been arrested for assaulting non-violent protestors after Trump would talk about "roughing them up," promising to pay their legal bills if they did it, etc.

Your kind is the exact "anyone stupid enough to . . . " that you referenced in your post, and that is why his use of the phrase is dangerous.
do you know if Trump used to have women pay him for sex? and, do you know why blacks in NYC are killing jews? what did Trump say specifically, that's cause for a brother to beat up a Jew?

Reactions: cottrell75
So today trumps supporters are redneck racist?? I get confused because other times it’s mean rich republicans and big business.

Reactions: cottrell75
The Corona Virus was created by Women. Think about it.

Sports are cancelled.
Pubs are closed.
Isolated for 14 days so all odd jobs get completed.
Flu like symptoms(they know how badly it effects us).
And just to rub salt in our wounds, they name it after a Lager.

Seriously, stay safe and take care,
Piper

Reactions: goherd73
Be careful out there. No sports, nothing worth a shit on tv, no social gatherings, nothing. Self quarantines and social distancing are the new norms.

I am just hoping we have a football season come fall. Thank you China Virus.

To answer your question...

I joined a FB group dedicated to chugging beer during quarantine/stay at home.
Film yourself chugging, get compliments, laugh with others getting creative.
It's a good means of coping and when chugging or just drinking, alone, and at home was considered a problematic feature for anyone, on there, you're a hero.

Cheers!

Reactions: i am herdman

Stay healthy my friends.

Where were you for the poor Spanish (flu), Hong Kong (flu), Black (plague), ect.?

Seriously, both China and Wuhan are geographical monikers, not race based. Nearly all major pandemics get labeled by their origin point. What your saying is it would be racist to say a Hurricane that originated in the Bahamas is heading toward Florida.

Also, does the fact that the PRC continues to significant lie about the impact there and are now threatening to withhold drugs from the U.S. make it more or less acceptable to say China Virus?

Where were you for the poor Spanish (flu), Hong Kong (flu), Black (plague), ect.?

Seriously, both China and Wuhan are geographical monikers, not race based. Nearly all major pandemics get labeled by their origin point. What your saying is it would be racist to say a Hurricane that originated in the Bahamas is heading toward Florida.

Also, does the fact that the PRC continues to significant lie about the impact there and are now threatening to withhold drugs from the U.S. make it more or less acceptable to say China Virus?

Why didn’t we call H1N1 the American Flu since it originated here?

I have that answer for you if you can’t figure it out, and then I’ll explain why the rest of your argument is wrong.

It is certainly a curiosity of the 21st century that in no case, in no circumstances, no matter how dire or awful, is a person allowed to say "hey, f--k those guys."

Right now, there is a non-living chain of broken proteins floating around, replicating itself like crazy on its way to killing millions in the process, in a crisis known to the rest of the earth's myriad species as "Wednesday."

If you ever needed a better example of just how flimsy and pointless human semantics are in the grand scheme of things, there you go.

Screw playing grab ass with poltical correctness right now. The Chinese Commies hosed us. So, when you see the deaths and the economic destruction you can thank the Commies in China. Why would you want to kiss their asses right now?

You have just showed your foolishness!!! The H1N1 started in Veracruz Mexico. And now you can lie about the rest of the argument, Flake.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/qa/where-did-the-2009-swine-flu-outbreak-originate

I'll take the CDC's word (and others) over a random entry on WebMD:

In the spring of 2009, a novel influenza A (H1N1) virus emerged. It was detected first in the United States and spread quickly across the United States and the world.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

What you're looking at is info from a single study done seven years after the most recent outbreak. The own study even states that the belief that it started in Mexico isn't necessarily supported by evidence, as key components of it were never seen in the Americas.

But if you don't want to trust the CDC, you can trust the history of H1N1 showing that the first reported case was in 1930 (which happened to be in the U.S.) and the original biggest cluster happened at Ft. Dix (that's in New Jersey, which is in the U.S. if you aren't aware). There were then 12 more cases, all in the U.S., from 2005-2009 when the new cases began popping up in California and then Mexico.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/health/h1n1-u-s-fast-facts/index.html

Screw playing grab ass with poltical correctness right now. The Chinese Commies hosed us. So, when you see the deaths and the economic destruction you can thank the Commies in China. Why would you want to kiss their asses right now?

It's not about kissing asses, child. It's about common sense during a worldwide pandemic. There will be plenty of time to find where blame should lie. In the mean time, we should avoid sending those "Chinese Commies" 17.8 tons of PPE during a time when the president's aides and administration are urging him to take action against the virus, stop perpetuating lies and bogus information about it, and get an actual plan together so that the public actually starts to take it seriously. But too late for that, right?

But you call people you don’t know deplorable‘s. I suppose that’s all right though.

Just a heads up. Since you are the hyperlink champ, here are three with case studies that report where the first cases orginated. These are the case studies.

And CNN, that's FAKE NEWS.

Get on the train Rifle....hey, I forgot to ask, you still got all those condos and all those duds you were beating off to? You never presented any pics, just ran your mountaineer and showed no proof.

Oh, tell Joe, Bernie and Hillary good luck...and Manchin. He better start lickin' shoes soon.

You bunch of Dims are so clouded. Just one of the many reasons I left that area...bunch of handout- loving morons.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5856103/

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/709540

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-6-207

Just a heads up. Since you are the hyperlink champ, here are three with case studies that report where the first cases orginated. These are the case studies.

And CNN, that's FAKE NEWS.

Get on the train Rifle....hey, I forgot to ask, you still got all those condos and all those duds you were beating off to? You never presented any pics, just ran your mountaineer and showed no proof.

Oh, tell Joe, Bernie and Hillary good luck...and Manchin. He better start lickin' shoes soon.

You bunch of Dims are so clouded. Just one of the many reasons I left that area...bunch of handout- loving morons.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5856103/

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/709540

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-6-207

Let me help educate you, moron.

Ever heard of the Spanish Flu of 1918? It killed approximately 5% of the world's population. Want to know what that was? It was an H1N1 virus.

So tell me, how the fvck are you going to try and claim that H1N1 originated in Mexico?

What your dumbass doesn't understand is that H1N1 has been around for over 100 years. What your links are researching is where a recent epidemic of H1N1 originated. That particular epidemic was in 2009. That doesn't mean H1N1 originated there, moron.

Let me dumb it down more for you:

The atomic bomb was first developed and originated in New Mexico.

If an atomic bomb is built in Russia, does that mean the atomic bomb was developed and originated in Russia? No, it was developed and originated in New Mexico. Likewise, just because a recent epidemic of H1N1 started to spread in Mexico doesn't mean H1N1 originated there. Understand?

Now, go back and look at my comment in this thread that you disagreed with:

"Why didn’t we call H1N1 the American Flu since it originated here?"

Understand yet, moron?

And if you still can't understand, educate yourself with these links:

Hell, the title of this one is: "1918 Pandemic (H1N1 Virus)"

"The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

"But some strains of the flu, particularly the H1N1 strain responsible for the Spanish flu outbreak, can trigger a dangerous immune . . . "

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

"The 1918-19 pandemic was caused by an influenza A virus known as H1N1"

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/magazine/2018/03-04/history-spanish-flu-pandemic/

So no, there isn't a god damn expert on this that will claim H1N1 originated in Mexico. What you're reading are studies about a particular recent epidemic of H1N1, not where H1N1 originated, moron.

See how dumb you look when you try to debate with somebody far more intelligent than you?

I'm glad we've got rifle and his sidekick, greenjeans, around. They're able to dumb things down for us so we can understand. Do you have to be dumb to dumb things down?

And the Ebola virus is named after a river in Africa, where, apparently, the outbreak originated. Apparently some of these diseases, viruses, etc., get tagged with a geographical name and nobody really cares. Others, however, seem to generate a firestorm of controversy and debate.

"A rose by any other name is . . .". Or, more correctly, "a killer by any other name is . . ."!

I guess the case studiws that says the 2009 H1N1, that you claim was not started in Mexico, was started in Mexico is wrong. I got ya. You the greatest ever. Know everything. Completely understand. You should be mayor, Governor, President, Prime Minister, Surgeon General. I got it. Hell, let's call you the fricking Pope. You the man.

BTW, where the pics of all your properties? And don't cut and paste, guru.

I guess the case studiws that says the 2009 H1N1, that you claim was not started in Mexico, was started in Mexico is wrong. I got ya. You the greatest ever. Know everything. Completely understand. You should be mayor, Governor, President, Prime Minister, Surgeon General. I got it. Hell, let's call you the fricking Pope. You the man.

BTW, where the pics of all your properties? And don't cut and paste, guru.

Edit :Hillary sucks.

And the Ebola virus is named after a river in Africa, where, apparently, the outbreak originated. Apparently some of these diseases, viruses, etc., get tagged with a geographical name and nobody really cares. Others, however, seem to generate a firestorm of controversy and debate.

Let me give you some historical context.

The Spanish Flu (which is H1N1 for the idiot in this thread who claims H1N1 originated in Mexico) didn't originate in Spain. There is no definitive answer where it began, but the first reported case was in Kansas. That's in the United States.

So why did it get labeled the "Spanish Flu"? There are a couple of reasons for it. First, Spain was one of the few countries that didn't take a side in WWI. As a result, they could report on things with honesty instead of with the manipulation other countries did for propaganda reasons. So Spain was able to publicize the actual numbers being seen impacted the flu. As a result, the rest of the world thought it was something exclusive and/or overwhelmingly happening in Spain, which was false.

Further, in the U.S. at the time, European immigrants from the southern and eastern parts of the continent were looked down upon and discriminated against by Americans and European immigrants from the north and west of that continent. Spain was included in the discriminated group, so labeling it the "Spanish Flu" allowed the discrimination and hate to continue.

Not only were some of the labels inaccurate, but they also resulted in discrimination and hate increasing against people from the regions from those labels.

Years ago, The World Health Organization actually mandated that diseases not be called by a specific region or ethnic group. Why? Well, for one, check out my Spanish Flu example. Spaniards because targets even though it had nothing to do with their country. Another example was the "swine flu." Why is calling it the swine flu bad? Because morons don't understand that these labels are many times not accurate. The "swine flu" was actually started by humans - humans first gave pigs the disease which then came back to humans. What did Egypt do? They killed every single pig in the country, most of which was owned by a Christian group in the country. That crushed the Christian community and economy in Egypt. On top of that, the "swine flu" was being passed from human to human, so blaming it on pigs at that point was useless.

Now, how does calling it the "Chinese Virus" fall along the same lines? What happens when a country's leader places blame on things from minority groups? For instance, if a president scared his citizens that some of the immigrants from another country were criminals, there would be a natural reaction of violence/hate against those immigrants. That happened for the two years after Humpty said it. What happens when a country's leader urges his followers to "rough up" non-violent protesters and promises to pay their legal fees if they do? Well, people are going to listen to the leader and rough up those non-violent protestors. What happens when a president makes numerous disparaging comments and blocks immigration from countries with an overwhelming religious following? His followers will show increased violence/hate against those religious followers. And that happened after Humpty made his comments and orders.

So calling it the "Chinese Virus" does nothing, and it results in useless hate/violence and gives non-Chinese a belief that they are not as susceptible to it ("I've never been to China and I don't know any Chinese people").

I guess the case studiws that says the 2009 H1N1, that you claim was not started in Mexico, was started in Mexico is wrong.

According to the CDC, it wasn't started in Mexico.

But that wasn't the point you claimed I was wrong about. You claimed that my statement (that H1NI started in America) was wrong and proceeded to claim that it started in Mexico. That's entirely wrong. The very first case of reported H1NI was over 100 years ago . . . in the U.S. The H1N1 was never claimed to have started in Mexico.

I got ya. You the greatest ever. Know everything. Completely understand. You should be mayor, Governor, President, Prime Minister, Surgeon General. I got it. Hell, let's call you the fricking Pope. You the man.

You don't have to do all of that. You can just acknowledge that you were wrong, I was right, and that I am far more intelligent than you.

BTW, where the pics of all your properties?

Oh, another person obsessed with my life instead of staying on topic. How about this, moron. Instead of changing the topic of this thread, which so many of you do who are obsessed with me, how about going over the Pullman. Then, you can start the thread over there. It's easy, and I can make fun of you more over there and mock you for being wrong again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT