ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Money Was Lost

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
On the beer sales in the chairback seats this year due to poor attendance? For that matter wonder how much MU got from beer sales? Anyone heard? Just wondering.

Id say a ton was lost this year compared to the rest of our years in CUSA. The worst attended game that I remember was Ohio in 2003, it was freezing rain and some snow falling. The game against WKU was worse than that one in attendance. I know its business for Marshall etc, but they have to realize that its business for us too, especially those who live out of town and have to travel to see a game. Those folks are out at least a 100$ more due to gas, pit stops etc, as compared to fans that live relatively close by. It gets hard to justify spending x amount of dollars to watch a team that you love just give up and get beat by less than worthy programs at home. Getting beat by Charlotte was worse than getting beat by New Hampshire in my opinion. I was there to see that one and it blowed.

Makers Mark -- mixed with Sierra Mist -- got us through. But even several straight double shots couldn't keep us at the WKU game. When it got to 35-zip one minute into the second quarter, I told Henry: "We're out'a here!

Will be interesting to see how bad this terrible season affects recruiting. I see the headlines about the rivals 250 safety, I haven't seen the article but without reading, my first thought was "non qualifier". Would be elated to be wrong on that one. One positive is Yulee, hope he gets eligible to play, definitely needed in the LB core

I guess the better question should have been "How much money will be lost on season ticket renewals next year since Doc has fired no one on his staff?"

The WKU game was the 1st game I made the decision to skip ever since I can remember. With a tanked season and it being Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to spend my time and money on my family and go out of town to relatives house. So glad I made that decision after seeing the game on TV. I would have been so pissed at myself for going and missing time with family and my kids.

Good for you Herdon2, a couple of years ago you were blasting people for making the decision you made this year. I applaud you for remembering it's just a ballgame and there are other much more important things in life.

Reactions: Herdon2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT