ADVERTISEMENT

Huff Must Have the Best Agent.

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010

Charles Huff, Marshall​

After the colossal failure of the Harsin experiment, it seems unlikely that Auburn would go again in the direction of an emergent Group of Five coach. But aside from toppling Notre Dame at Marshall, Huff does have the distinction of SEC experience as an associate head coach and run game coordinator at Alabama and Mississippi State.

Nick Young Wtf GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ohio herd
Now this is not likely at Auburn, but what did I tell you boys. Somehwere some school will perhaps take care of things.

Trust old herdman on this one. Come on 6 wins.

What CH seems to have is some kind of in with the press. He has had idiotic articles salted in the media since he got here. We were going to play two bowl games. He was going to Virginia Tech. Now this.

It seems to all be media. Surely no thinking person actually hire CH.

What CH seems to have is some kind of in with the press. He has had idiotic articles salted in the media since he got here. We were going to play two bowl games. He was going to Virginia Tech. Now this.

It seems to all be media. Surely no thinking person actually hire CH.
Think about the way the world is. I am telling you all if he wins just enough, it will take care of itself.

Charles Huff will not be the next football coach at Auburn.

Or Virginia Tech, or Notre Dame, or Wisconsin, or Arizona State, or even Buffalo-Putnam.

Look for Charles Huff on the sidelines of Marshall University for the next few seasons, assuming his wife doesn't make the call to want to move away from a city that's a hard place to live.

Think about the way the world is. I am telling you all if he wins just enough, it will take care of itself.
I'm picking up what you're putting down and I have been saying it since he got here. He's been on a job interview with other teams since he's been here. With the interest in what you are insinuating there aren't a lot of options to choose from at this point. Especially ones that are current head coaches. All he had to do is show competency and he was gone.

I mean it's a hard pill to swallow, but read that blurb again. It shows the overall respect they have for our program or lack there of I should say. Evidently they think he's doing the best he can with what he has.

This is why Morrissey and him were at odds. He's never been invested in being here. He's pretended to be, but he hasn't.

I wish I were part of the secret society and knew all the inside happenings.
It's nothing inside and really nothing bad. There is a push to hire more black head coaches right now. First let me say there is nothing wrong with that. Because of that Huff is on a short list and has eyeballs on him. Other teams that might have been considering him before us are now watching us to see how he does and as soon as he shows he has what it takes to be a successful HC they will come calling.

I'm picking up what you're putting down and I have been saying it since he got here. He's been on a job interview with other teams since he's been here. With the interest in what you are insinuating there aren't a lot of options to choose from at this point. Especially ones that are current head coaches. All he had to do is show competency and he was gone.

I mean it's a hard pill to swallow, but read that blurb again. It shows the overall respect they have for our program or lack there of I should say. Evidently they think he's doing the best he can with what he has.

This is why Morrissey and him were at odds. He's never been invested in being here. He's pretended to be, but he hasn't.
The reporters don't do their jobs or investigate. They just go with the flow. Marshall was not a rebuild really, we know that. He(or whoever was hired) was hired to go to a higher level than where we were at. The year before he got here we won the division. But, the program was stale.

But, a big beuracracy somewhere will view it as a rebuild and will go for the buzz. They always do. The other stuff I will discuss on Pullman.

I simply refuse to believe that any program at any level has any interest in CH, nor has any program at any level done so since his collapse after week 3.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I simply refuse to believe that any program at any level has any interest in CH, nor has any program at any level done so since his collapse after week 3.
sucker born every minute. have you seen some of the hires these schools make? How about Texas and AM dropping Ft Knox on Jimbo Fisher. 86 million buyout right now. Wow, talk about getting your money's worth. Then, did you see what Florida State has done since Jimbo left? Look how many chances a guy like Dick Rod got. Or, Terry Bowden. The list goes on and on.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
"No one else would want the job. Marshall cant compete on salary. We cant afford anyone good. Htgn is a shithole. Who would want the job? "

Charles Huff will not be the next football coach at Auburn.

Or Virginia Tech, or Notre Dame, or Wisconsin, or Arizona State, or even Buffalo-Putnam.

Look for Charles Huff on the sidelines of Marshall University for the next few seasons, assuming his wife doesn't make the call to want to move away from a city that's a hard place to live.
I like the Buffalo Putnam reference, although we dropped the Putnam in the name when Buffalo Wayne consolidated several years ago. I have announced sports at Buffalo for over 30years. (BisonPA) We do play against Mrs. Huff. She is the Girls Basketball coach at Huntington St. Joe.

Do you have any ties to Buffalo?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT