ADVERTISEMENT

Huge 2 game home sweep!!!!

They never quit. Yes we're hard on them. Yes they've made mistakes. But they fight and fight. This was a solid team they played against tonight and they came out with a W. Beyers was big of course, West was as well. Gotta hit those free throws. Great night overall.

They never quit. Yes we're hard on them. Yes they've made mistakes. But they fight and fight. This was a solid team they played against tonight and they came out with a W. Beyers was big of course, West was as well. Gotta hit those free throws. Great night overall.
IF we can get a solid performance out of Williams/Byers/Sarenac this can be a really good team. Williams isn't scoring but is solid on rebounds, blocks. Sarenac hit several 3s the other night. Byers not only scored well tonight but he also had a couple of key rebounds late, one especially important one that he put back in on a fade away off balance shot as the shot clock was expiring.

I’ve been pretty hard on Beyers. I mentioned that while watching the game today and was reminded that his brother was tragically killed just a few months ago. That’s a hell of a weight to carry and will mess your game up. I felt about 2 inches tall.

Congrats, Mikel. Keep it up.

Sean - how quickly we forget. I wasn’t remembering that personal loss for him either. We all have seen his potential: 6’10” long arms, good skills going to the rim & of course the long ball threat. He is a match-up nightmare for opponents when he is on! But that sweeeeet fade away kill shot,, I also have to confess on West’s final step-back 3, I was like no no no no yesssssssss! Prob not the only one?
I see us in pod 2...... nota bad place to be as DD continues to work on the rotations.....

IF we can get a solid performance out of Williams/Byers/Sarenac this can be a really good team. Williams isn't scoring but is solid on rebounds, blocks. Sarenac hit several 3s the other night. Byers not only scored well tonight but he also had a couple of key rebounds late, one especially important one that he put back in on a fade away off balance shot as the shot clock was expiring.

The thing with Williams In these two games is he did the other things. Thursday he could buy a basket but got 9 huge rebounds and didn’t pout. Tonight he played better in a all aspects of the game. That is good. Maybe these two get him going and Beyers can build in tonight. Anything can happen in the tournament.

The thing with Williams In these two games is he did the other things. Thursday he could buy a basket but got 9 huge rebounds and didn’t pout. Tonight he played better in a all aspects of the game. That is good. Maybe these two get him going and Beyers can build in tonight. Anything can happen in the tournament.
Uh oh, lexky - your going to awaken the Kracken with comments like that! ;)

Last edited:
Two game sweep? Yes

Huge? No.

As we currently have a fantasy theme going on elsewhere about lucky hot streaks in March, then should such a thing happen (chance one in 100000) ant this team won these two games = rightly seeded 16th, play in game vs. HBCU; this team loses these two games = rightly seeded 16th, play in game vs. HBCU.

You cannot have it both ways. Either the regular season means something (my opinion) or it does not (W-S and many other’s opinion). If it does not mean a thing, then it does not mean a thing. If it does, then this awful team, months ago, played itself out of any seed in the NCAA other than 16th, and out of consideration for the NIT.

However, because of the idiotic “pod” system. MU may have played itself into the middle “pod” rather than the bottom, meaning the over-all record for the year may be down a game or two.

If we can't win in the second POD, we deserve the losses and positioning in the tourney. Have you seen the second tier teams play this year? If we lose to them, we don't deserve any better. But I think we will win the pod and get sixth seed in the tourney.

Two game sweep? Yes

Huge? No.

As we currently have a fantasy theme going on elsewhere about lucky hot streaks in March, then should such a thing happen (chance one in 100000) ant this team won these two games = rightly seeded 16th, play in game vs. HBCU; this team loses these two games = rightly seeded 16th, play in game vs. HBCU.

You cannot have it both ways. Either the regular season means something (my opinion) or it does not (W-S and many other’s opinion). If it does not mean a thing, then it does not mean a thing. If it does, then this awful team, months ago, played itself out of any seed in the NCAA other than 16th, and out of consideration for the NIT.

However, because of the idiotic “pod” system. MU may have played itself into the middle “pod” rather than the bottom, meaning the over-all record for the year may be down a game or two.

giphy.gif

Two game sweep? Yes

Huge? No.

I'm sorry the Herd won 2 games this weekend, Sam. That makes it tough on you I know. I don't know about huge, but it was fun! Saturday night was a blast. We beat a team that we weren't supposed to beat in front of a great crowd. It was big to the team and to the fans that were there. There is a slight chance at pod 1 now and a big confidence boost for the team and a few individual players going forward. Hopefully we capitalize and win a couple in TX. Go ahead and start figuring out a way to down play it just in case.

I'm sorry the Herd won

Saturday night was a blast.

a great crowd.

Hopefully we capitalize and win a couple in TX.

So, you are sorry we won, really think that it’s not about winning, but just having a “blast”, that 2500 empty seats is a “great crowd”, and have “hope” that we might lose out in the quarters or the semis.

That is called “accepting mediocrity.”

Demand better.

Sam - sorry not sorry! To beat a team that only had 2 conf losses when we have 6 took a great effort! La Tech among top 3 net/Pom teams in CUSA. As for regular season meaning “something” (I assume you mean at-large bid) : In modern history (1950 to present), the only time we earned one was in ‘72. We played well enough to earn NIT bids 2 times in the 60’s....once in the 70’s (73)....once in the 80’s (Rodney Holden goes up for a thunderous dunk as time expires....when we were down 3!!) & once in the Herrion era. I’m not sure the regular season does mean anything at our level. Either win the auto bid or be left begging for the NIT bid that will never be sent out. So, again, just to make sure you don’t misinterpret my comments: you just need to get hot for 4 days in Frisco.....anything could happen!!!

Last edited:
So, you are sorry we won, really think that it’s not about winning, but just having a “blast”, that 2500 empty seats is a “great crowd”, and have “hope” that we might lose out in the quarters or the semis.

Demand better.

I get it.

The anti-Dan minority will never be happy. They need to move on to something else. MU basketball is just not for them.

You need to find something else, and move on.

Demand better.
Really Sam? - best crowd of the season, 2nd best of the home teams games (ODU +300) & incredibly loud!! Newsflash -this ain’t CIS. We are never going to get to SRO unless we get a top 5 school to visit, which also ain’t happening. And yes, I’m going to say it: I suppose you are happy when we average a tick under 24k (helped by the UC game) or 63% of capacity?? Put another way: Saturday nights attendance was 70.6% of a full house - Doc & Mike would kill to have that kind of attendance.....

I get it.

The anti-Dan minority will never be happy. They need to move on to something else. MU basketball is just not for them.

You need to find something else, and move on.
Winner! Change a few words in any of Sams football posts and they turn into direct arguments against his basketball posts.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan

Demand better.
You're taking words out of context, Sam. He was sorry we won 2 games because that took the wind out of your sails. 2500 empty seats is a pretty good bball crowd. Not as bad as 16,000 empty seats in fball, but you can understand the comparison, right? I hate to keep harping on this, Sam, but everytime you downgrade the bball program, what you're saying is just as spot on for fball.

Demand better.
So 2500 empty seats is accepting mediocrity in basketball but 30000 empty seats at the last Marshall football game and keeping the coach for an 11th season that is one of the main reasons for the 30000 empty seats isn’t. Makes sense Rod Serling.

had we not swept the weekend we would not have a shot at the top pod. We are still in that race and have a somewhat decent shot to get it, Obviously we need a Texas sweep and for FIU to stumble at USM and La Tech

Reactions: horsrman
had we not swept the weekend we would not have a shot at the top pod. We are still in that race and have a somewhat decent shot to get it, Obviously we need a Texas sweep and for FIU to stumble at USM and La Tech
I don't expect to see us sweep this week really, but it's not out of the question. I feel like we have a chance to be a lot more effective at slowing down Jackson and Wallace at UTSA this year than we were last year, and if you do that, you beat them. I don't know enough about UTEP this year to know how we will match up with them. I expect FIU to win at USM and lock up that pod 1 spot. Top of pod 2 would put us in a pretty good position to make a nice end of year run. If we were to end up at top of pod 2, we'd get likely FAU and ODU at home with UAB and UTSA on the road.

This year, I'd be OK nabbing a seed across from WKU in the tourney. For some reason I feel like if we get a third shot at them, we'll win it, just like 2 years ago. That would provide me with a lot of happiness even if we don't go on to win the tourney.

Both games on this Texas road swing are winnable but I'm thinking we'll be a 5 pt dog at UTSA....not a big mountain to climb but we have to be focused to pull out the win.

Winner! Change a few words in any of Sams football posts and they turn into direct arguments against his basketball posts.

Not at all. Let’s slow it down to understand.

Anti-Doc minority vis football:

MU wins =

These teams are horrid, they should be ashamed to exist, CUSA sucks, I want in THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this win is nothing, I remember when we dominated Furman, VMI, and East Tennessee State, and later Ball State, Akron, and Kent State, this game was not on ESPN mothership, what is this “remote” that came with the TV, this is awful. =

Unhappiness.

MU loses =

These teams are horrid, they should be ashamed to exist, CUSA sucks, I want in THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, And we actually lost a game, I remember when we dominated Furman, VMI, and East Tennessee State, and later Ball State, Akron, and Kent State, this game was not on ESPN mothership, what is this “remote” that came with the TV, this is awful. How can we lose a game? We are Marshall and we are supposed to win every game. =

Unhappiness.

Thus, as, in the real world, MU is in CUSA for the foreseeable future, and in the real world, CUSA is a competitive conference that is not ever going to be dominated, NOTHING that happens can possibly make the anti-Doc minority happy. Therefore, MU football is just not for them. Find something else, move on.

Meanwhile, the basketball realist vis MU basketball:

MU is in a conference with only 5 or 6 teams that actually try. It should finish no lower than that ever, and should have a fat record from all the free parking football only schools in this league. MU, fielding a team with credibility, should Easily go to the NCAAs every recruiting generation and to the NIT more often than that. MU should have a lofty paper record, every year. Automatic.

MU does that =

Happiness.

And a happiness that is easy to achieve. Something that MU CAN DO, right now.

If it demanded better.

Yet you wasted your time responding. With a meaningless and pointless video. Because you cannot refute what I say. Because I am right.

Yet you wasted your time responding. With a meaningless and pointless video. Because you cannot refute what I say. Because I am right.
Sam, you're not right. Never were. Never are. Never will be. Face it. MU basketball is not for you. Move on. Continue your perch on the 50 yard line right behind Doc. In fact, move a little closer and your nose will be right up there.

A man was recently asked the secret to his 50 year marriage. He immediately said - "Do I want to be right or happy?" Sam doesn't get it. Herd basketball's not for him.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT