ADVERTISEMENT

Huge CUSA game tonight. UAB @ MTSU 6pm CBSSN

MU ATO

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Earth
MTSU wins and we have a 3 way tie for 1st. With upcoming games At UAB & MTSU we have a chance to put ourselves into a great situation going into the final week.

MTSU wins and we have a 3 way tie for 1st. With upcoming games At UAB & MTSU we have a chance to put ourselves into a great situation going into the final week.

UAB up big and embarrassing MTSU late in second half. We are going to have to play tight interior defense to stay with the Blazers. Lee, Cokely, Brown all can take ball to the hole and FINISH! We can't give uncontested drives down the lane and along the baseline, where they often send cutters to the hole. On other hand, Kelly and Taylor can't get into early foul trouble. As for game against MTSU next Saturday, just hope they shoot like they are against UAB, can't hit the side of a barn.

UAB up big and embarrassing MTSU late in second half. We are going to have to play tight interior defense to stay with the Blazers. Lee, Cokely, Brown all can take ball to the hole and FINISH! We can't give uncontested drives down the lane and along the baseline, where they often send cutters to the hole. On other hand, Kelly and Taylor can't get into early foul trouble. As for game against MTSU next Saturday, just hope they shoot like they are against UAB, can't hit the side of a barn.
I think we match up well against MTSU. I thought that when we played them last month. We are now better and I don't believe they are playing as well.

Our biggest problem with MTSU will be the fact that we will be coming off a hard fought away game with UAB 2 days before. This Thursday Saturday step up probably really helps with classes but really makes it tough when you have back to back road games against tough teams like this.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Our biggest problem with MTSU will be the fact that we will be coming off a hard fought away game with UAB 2 days before. This Thursday Saturday step up probably really helps with classes but really makes it tough when you have back to back road games against tough teams like this.

Brutal scheduling at this point in the season.

:( And, problem compounded by having a short bench.
to be honest with you, I don't think the depth of the bench has any influence on Danny. He often refers to the Iron 5 from when he played. He tells us often that they only used 5 players unless an injury or foul trouble dictated otherwise. If you watch these guys practice everyday, you will see that there is no such thing as being too tired to play.

Reactions: 31Herd55
to be honest with you, I don't think the depth of the bench has any influence on Danny. He often refers to the Iron 5 from when he played. He tells us often that they only used 5 players unless an injury or foul trouble dictated otherwise. If you watch these guys practice everyday, you will see that there is no such thing as being too tired to play.
Absolutely.

The only time lack of depth shows up is when we get into foul trouble.

The way I look at it is that it's great to finish 1st regular season since you lock up an NIT spot but at the same time if we can hold onto 2nd place that is good for the CUSA tourney since we wouldn't have to face UAB again until the final. That is if we both made it.

The way I look at it is that it's great to finish 1st regular season since you lock up an NIT spot but at the same time if we can hold onto 2nd place that is good for the CUSA tourney since we wouldn't have to face UAB again until the final. That is if we both made it.

Also, finishing 3rd in regular season standings would pit us against the 2nd place finisher in the semi's with the winner of that probably facing UAB for "All The Marbles":D

You guys already know this but don't accept 2nd or 3rd place just yet. I expect Thursday night to be an absolute whale of a game in Bartow. I wish it was on TV so more people could see the quality of basketball being played at the top of C-USA.

Absolutely.

The only time lack of depth shows up is when we get into foul trouble.

In addition, since a big part of the offense is pick-and-roll between ball handler and a "big" man, the other three players can grab their breath (when needed) on the offensive end. I'm not seeing fatigue (or the proverbial "tired legs") as a problem even this late in the season. It COULD be a factor at the tournament, depending how each successive game plays-out.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
You guys already know this but don't accept 2nd or 3rd place just yet. I expect Thursday night to be an absolute whale of a game in Bartow. I wish it was on TV so more people could see the quality of basketball being played at the top of C-USA.

:D Hay, BamaBlazer, Glad you guys got your football problems ironed out with the Crazy People...welcome back to C-USA Football:D.

Reactions: BamaBlazer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT