ADVERTISEMENT

I guess we know the answer: We WILL pay!! Next game Tuesday night...

I am surprised we would do it. In an earlier thread I said I would feel like a cheap hooker. It feels like kissing your sister …..I wonder who we draw?

Our current all-time scoring leader's wiki page indicates he was smoking crack cocaine while at Marshall.

I normally despise these pay-to-play tourneys, but in this case I'm good with it.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It gives Elmore an opportunity to break Henderson's scoring record, which he would have, if allowed to play the first semester of his freshman year. I'm sure that was a major consideration, if not the only one.
In all fairness to Skip, the 3 pt shot didn't become effective until his junior season. Take that and twist it any which way you want...

Let's see, we'll play another nationally known opponent from the (a) Southern Conf., (b) Horizon League, (c) Colonial Athl. Assoc., (c) Ohio Valley Conf., (d) ??????????????

Because we are so big time we can snub our nose at the CIT. I love the insults thrown out about the CIT but you same people will bang your chest until the cows come home about our big win over who gives a fvck u in the nobody gives a sht bowl!!

Here’s the deal it’s another at least one game to watch Marshall play basketball. It’s another at least one game to watch one of the best players in our basketball history to play. I don’t love the CIT I feel the same way about them as I do the pre Christmas bowl games but I think like those bowl games it’s a chance to see Marshall play another game or in this case maybe games and give the fans a chance to see their favorite Herd players continue to wear the green and white.

Bueller..…………………………...Bueller!!!

Relax, weirdo. You posted three messages in a row within 11 minutes looking for an immediate response.

Me too. Thinkin’ about hitchin’ a ride with ‘Zilla for Tuesday’s game......?

For the sake of this board, make sure he drinks heavily before getting behind the wheel. And make sure neither of you wear seatbelts.

In all fairness to Skip, the 3 pt shot didn't become effective until his junior season. Take that and twist it any which way you want...
Southern Conference adopted 3.pt. shot in 1980-81. Ronnie Carr of Western Carolina was the first to make a 3 pointer.

It gives Elmore an opportunity to break Henderson's scoring record, which he would have, if allowed to play the first semester of his freshman year. I'm sure that was a major consideration, if not the only one.
Both Mike and Danny agree that this is the ONLY reason we play.

Good luck Jon. I hope you break the record. Been a lot of fun watching your career here at Marshall and it does not matter who the opponent is.

Reactions: colianII
From Chuck Landon's column today.......

"I'm glad to hear Mike (Hamrick) say that about wanting to see Jon break the record," said D'Antoni, after the loss to Southern Miss on Thursday night.

Then, D'Antoni added a telling comment.

"Jon will support the program," he said, "for the rest of his life."

That's why this is the right decision.

"I'm glad to hear Mike (Hamrick) say that about wanting to see Jon break the record," said D'Antoni, after the loss to Southern Miss on Thursday night.

goherd73: exactly. Since he is w/in a realistic chance of getting the record, just makes sense in the historical trajectory of the program. And speaking to DD’s comment about the younger guys, it can only help to have the experience. So, 1-4 more games for Kinsey, Bennett, Byers, Jahnsen, George to get minutes + the Seniors, obviously. Who is in our junior class? Anybody?

goherd73: exactly. Since he is w/in a realistic chance of getting the record, just makes sense in the historical trajectory of the program. And speaking to DD’s comment about the younger guys, it can only help to have the experience. So, 1-4 more games for Kinsey, Bennett, Byers, Jahnsen, George to get minutes + the Seniors, obviously. Who is in our junior class? Anybody?
We have only 1 junior, Ante Sustic.

I am surprised we would do it. In an earlier thread I said I would feel like a cheap hooker. It feels like kissing your sister …..I wonder who we draw?

COULD it be the boys that wear Gold & Blue and coached by a bear?

HerdZilla [22 & 69] in Charlotte

That’s a terrible reason to pay to play in my opinion
That’s a terrible reason to pay to play in my opinion

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I enjoy Marshall basketball and anytime I can see another game, then I want to do that.
You can stay home and save the $25. I will spend my $25 and watch what I love most.

I’m willing to bet over the course of JE’s life he will repay Marshall in many ways. I hope he scores 40 in the first round.

So he wound t have supported the program if we hadn’t played and given him the opportunity to break the scoring record?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I enjoy Marshall basketball and anytime I can see another game, then I want to do that.
You can stay home and save the $25. I will spend my $25 and watch what I love most.

These pay to play tournaments are a joke. Wvu is paying in one and will pay enough to play all their games at home. That completely devalues the regular season. My being against these pay to play tourneys and my enjoyment of Marshall basketball aren’t mutually exclusive

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
herdfan429 I can see your opinion and do agree that first comes the NCAA followed by the NIT followed by the CBI and CIT and yes they are similar to the pre-Christmas bowl games. However I am glad each time our football team gets exposure (however little or great) to aid in the recruiting wars the same can be said for the CIT - another HOME game and the chance to see Marshall basketball history made. Go Herd!

So he wound t have supported the program if we hadn’t played and given him the opportunity to break the scoring record?

These pay to play tournaments are a joke. Wvu is paying in one and will pay enough to play all their games at home. That completely devalues the regular season. My being against these pay to play tourneys and my enjoyment of Marshall basketball aren’t mutually exclusive

This tournament, because we had to pay to play, just doesn't feel right. Is it going to feel as good as it could had MU not lost and Jon had 2 more games in the tournament?
This scoring record almost feels bought more than earned.

This tournament, because we had to pay to play, just doesn't feel right. Is it going to feel as good as it could had MU not lost and Jon had 2 more games in the tournament?
I hear you & you know what I’ve already posted. Having said that, once you are in the HC and the ball is tossed, it’s going to feel exactly like UTEP or Charlotte. + the possibility of another home game and another game somewhere? I think the avg fan won’t feel the way you are describing. Also, when the record falls, it will be a unique moment in program history, one that could stand for 30+ years or more....

& it’s not like we play in these p2p tourneys that often...

I hear you & you know what I’ve already posted. Having said that, once you are in the HC and the ball is tossed, it’s going to feel exactly like UTEP or Charlotte. + the possibility of another home game and another game somewhere? I think the avg fan won’t feel the way you are describing. Also, when the record falls, it will be a unique moment in program history, one that could stand for 30+ years or more....

& it’s not like we play in these p2p tourneys that often...

Like I said...its all worth it if Jon can get the record but it'd have been better to see it in the conference tournament.

Bought more than earned? No way bye didn’t even get 4 full years. There could be a lot of records the last 30-40 years that could have an asterisk due to changes in the game.

I am glad they are playing another game or two and Elmore can break the record. Might as well get as much playing time as possible. Let’s just win the darn thing. This is no different than bowl options we get. I have never understood why our fans whine and complain about lesser bowls or tournaments. If you don’t like them just don’t watch. Why complain and think something is pathetic becaus you don’t like it. It is easy to just not watch.

Yes, the Neers have paid plenty of $$ up front to get Huggy's 14-20 or so team into the CBI and with guaranteed home games. They ensured good crowds, too, since ALL tickets for WVU home games are only $10!!!

Yes, the Neers have paid plenty of $$ up front to get Huggy's 14-20 or so team into the CBI and with guaranteed home games. They ensured good crowds, too, since ALL tickets for WVU home games are only $10!!!
It is a joke that a last place team with a losing record is invited to post season play......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT