ADVERTISEMENT

I have changed my mind

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
When I am out working or sitting in my yard, I have lots of quiet time to think and adjust my philosophy of life. In the past, I was somewhat weary of AI. I feared there might come a point where it could become uncontrollable.

After much thought, I have concluded that this might not be a bad thing. Humans are terribly flawed creatures. We create wonderful art, science, and social structures then turn around and destroy them in wars and upheavals. We hate and kill for basically no reason at all. If you read history, you will find we haven’t really changed in thousands of years. We only have better technology.

If we progress to the point that our computers and machines control our more destructive actions, this could be a boon for mankind. No more violent or senseless acts; no more wars. When some future despot decides to start a war on his neighbors, the machines will simply say, “No, you’re not doing that. It serves no useful purpose and is illogical. Now, go sit in the corner for 30 minutes and think about what you tried to do.”

Last edited:
No, the future despot uses the tech to become a more efficient Genghis Kahn. Takes “you don’t have th be smart, you just need to hire smart people” to a whole new level.

If you read history, you will find we haven’t really changed in thousands of years. We only have better technology.

Which is what the Holy Bible shows throughout. At one time, Jesus walked among us. Miracles were performed before our eyes. No matter what God said or what Jesus did, we always faltered back to our wicked ways. Every time. Without God, we are nothing and doomed to nothing.

AI won't fix anything. If anything, it will make matters worse. God is the answer.

Which is what the Holy Bible shows throughout. At one time, Jesus walked among us. Miracles were performed before our eyes. No matter what God said or what Jesus did, we always faltered back to our wicked ways. Every time. Without God, we are nothing and doomed to nothing.

AI won't fix anything. If anything, it will make matters worse. God is the answer.
God is the reason why AI exists.

Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT