ADVERTISEMENT

I was thinking about some dumb shit we did growing up.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
A bunch of has dirt bikes and 3 and 4 Wheelers. Cops would get mad and this was out in the country or just outside of town.

Well some of the guys got the bright idea let's call the cops on ourselves and wait on them and get them to chase us.

That happened a few times. Many times they would stop when you go down the road and went off into a field or the woods or up a trail. Well, this one time we got the wrong state trooper. They called and there were were. Typically you would scatter or haul ass down the road just a bit and they would stop. Well, this one state trooper one day said Game On. He took his car and went across the field chasing a bunch of guys. Luckily I went the other way. But, he got a good chase on with some guys.

He got his car stuck. We thought it was over and as he was stuck there waiting his tow truck or another trooper to get him, a dude I grew up with took his CR480 and did a big ass jump right in front of his car, just to rub it in and piss him off. Well, it did. hahahaha. His car was near a place at the top of a hill that went down to the river bottom where we road. It was a hell of a jump out in the field. He let it rip and did a jump and landed right near the front his car and road off in a wheelie.

That is some dome shit. I heard later that same trooper was in church and some of the guys happen to be there and he figured out who they were. He was apparantly overheard saying that if he ever cuaght them he was going to teach them a lesson.

One guy would call them and then you just sit and in the road waiting and then haul ass.

hahhhaa, that was some dumb shit.

I knew a guy who got fake cop lights and would roll up on his friends to mess with them. I’d also tie a sled to the back of his 4 wheeler and we’d take it all over the place when it snowed. And we’d light stuff on fire in my back yard.

He’s a cop now lol

• Haha
Reactions: i am herdman
I knew a guy who got fake cop lights and would roll up on his friends to mess with them. I’d also tie a sled to the back of his 4 wheeler and we’d take it all over the place when it snowed. And we’d light stuff on fire in my back yard.

He’s a cop now lol
He was destined to do that job.

Saw a guy take one of those old M80's and put in a neighbors of his had a drain pipe running down from their basement to the road. He put it up in that pipe and lit it. I am surpised it didn't blow the windows out of their house. It had to have rattled the walls in that house and they were inside watching tv.

I am talking one of the old M80's, the big round ones with the wick in the middle of it. My old man had some and we put a wheel barrow over it and lit it and it blew the damn thing 30 feet in the air.

We used car hoods as multi passenger sleds! A big ol hood off of a 50’s/early 60’s era cars made kick ass sleds! They had all kinds of cut points with those sharp metal edges. We would ride it down the hills or someone would pull it around if the roads were snow covered! You don’t control a car hood on snow!! That was some pretty dumb, but fun as hell, chit!

Dome shit.
jurassic park deal with it GIF

• Haha
Reactions: i am herdman
When we were about 12 years old...we hoped freight trains as they were passing by. Dumb as Hell, never thinking we would miss the hand rails and fall under the wheels. A heavy freight train will will ruin your day!

Plus, we would wait until a boxcar had a open door. Yep, we hopped into the boxcar [Hobo style] and road for a few minutes! After growing tired, it was a LONG ways back to our "neck of the woods!"

Growing up in rural WV ----one had to create things to do!

Last edited:
Reactions: goherdorgohome2
We used car hoods as multi passenger sleds! A big ol hood off of a 50’s/early 60’s era cars made kick ass sleds! They had all kinds of cut points with those sharp metal edges. We would ride it down the hills or someone would pull it around if the roads were snow covered! You don’t control a car hood on snow!! That was some pretty dumb, but fun as hell, chit!
We did something similar to that as kids. We found one of those old metal Coca Cola signs that used to hang everywhere and used it as a sled. You could fit about six kids it one of those.

Reactions: imherdfan
When we about 12 years old...we hoped freight trains as they were passing by. Dumb as Hell, never thinking we would miss the hand rails and fall under the wheels. A heavy freight train will will ruin your day!

Plus, we would wait until a boxcar had a open door. Yep, we hopped into the boxcar [Hobo style] and road for a few minutes! After growing tired, it was a LONG ways back to our "neck of the woods!"

Growing up in rural WV ----one had to create things to do!
I had a high school buddy who was pretty wild, and he actually decided to hobo for a while. We didn't believe he would do it, but he ended up doing it for at least six months, maybe closer to a year. Came back one day unrecognizable, but to this day, he still has stories to tell about his time doing that. Said he saw pretty much all of the lower 48, and would jump off in towns he liked, and would spend a day or two walking around exploring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT