ADVERTISEMENT

If Elon buys all of Twitter

Elon is not conservative and is not buying Twitter to stick it to the libs. Elon likes making money and when he sees money to be made he acts. He’s also extraordinarily arrogant.

Yeah he’ll probably unblock a bunch of people on Twitter, including Trump and the like. It’s not because he agrees with them. The dude supported Yang and is in favor of UBI, which is about as not-GOP as you can get.

He is pro free speech. That’s all that matters.

This is a general difference between the right and the left. The left tends to be all or nothing on people and the right breaks it down a little further. I don’t have to agree with everything someone does to approve of some things they do. All or nothing produces the hate culture the left exhibits because it makes any disagreement the cause to blacklist the entirety of an opponent.

The guy has seen opportunities and through a mixture of good luck, willingness to take risks, rich parents, and a natural knack for entrepreneurship he’s capitalized on them. The line between brilliance and insanity is narrow, though, and I believe he occasionally teeters back and forth.

edit: ok his parents weren’t rich so scratch that part

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
He is pro free speech. That’s all that matters.

This is a general difference between the right and the left. The left tends to be all or nothing on people and the right breaks it down a little further. I don’t have to agree with everything someone does to approve of some things they do. All or nothing produces the hate culture the left exhibits because it makes any disagreement the cause to blacklist the entirety of an opponent.
The OP of this thread is literally

“It will be time to censor the hell out of the lefties”

The OP of this thread is literally

That’s their opinion, it’s not that of Musk, or me for that matter. Some people focus on revenge, I just want balance. Twitter has been proven thoroughly wrong with the way they censor content compared to actual truth and disinformation.

His "rich parents" are not Rockefellers. He grew up upper middle class.

The dude sold a computer game at age 12. No need to downplay his personal rise because the wrong people like him.
My understanding is that they were better off than upper middle class, but like I said he has a natural knack for entrepreneurship and a huge willingness to take risks. He’s brilliant in many spheres, that just doesn’t necessarily mean he’s brilliant in all spheres.

If he wants to buy Twitter and unblock everyone more power to him. I disagree with him that anybody has a legal right to post on Twitter, but if it’s his Twitter that’s on him to decide.

They better be nice or Musk will buy them.

On another note. I like Musk because he tweeted that his full name was actually Elongated Muskrat. It just shows he’s not taking himself as seriously as previous “richest person to walk the earth” have.

They better be nice or Musk will buy them.

On another note. I like Musk because he tweeted that his full name was actually Elongated Muskrat. It just shows he’s not taking himself as seriously as previous “richest person to walk the earth” have.
He truly is the first of the Meme Oligarchs.

Elon is not conservative and is not buying Twitter to stick it to the libs. Elon likes making money and when he sees money to be made he acts. He’s also extraordinarily arrogant.

Yeah he’ll probably unblock a bunch of people on Twitter, including Trump and the like. It’s not because he agrees with them. The dude supported Yang and is in favor of UBI, which is about as not-GOP as you can get.

Yeah, we know this, stupid.

We like that he champions free speech, which is a concept you and your ilk fully support, as long as it's the speech you want to hear.

Twitter has been nothing but a platform to prop up the liberal agenda. Twitter execs have abused their inherent power and censored anything they disagree with, all the while, also claiming facts were proven wrong when they clearly were not.

Yeah, we know this, stupid.

We like that he champions free speech, which is a concept you and your ilk fully support, as long as it's the speech you want to hear.

Twitter has been nothing but a platform to prop up the liberal agenda. Twitter execs have abused their inherent power and censored anything they disagree with, all the while, also claiming facts were proven wrong when they clearly were not.
You say “we know this” but, again, the OP of this very thread is

There are anti-free speech lefties, but free speech is irrelevant with regard to Twitter, unless the government is creating laws limiting speech allowed on the platform. Twitter can maintain Twitter however they want, and people can choose to leave for other platforms any time they want. And if Elon manages to buy it he can change that, but that’s just business being business, not free speech.

You say “we know this” but, again, the OP of this very thread is

There are anti-free speech lefties, but free speech is irrelevant with regard to Twitter, unless the government is creating laws limiting speech allowed on the platform. Twitter can maintain Twitter however they want, and people can choose to leave for other platforms any time they want. And if Elon manages to buy it he can change that, but that’s just business being business, not free speech.
Why are you so bothered by this potential takeover then? Is it because you know Twitter has been a very powerful tool for liberals and now you're at risk of losing it?

Seems like you had no issue with Twitter being a privately owned business, empowered to censor and ban as it chooses, as long as it benefits your team.

Why are you so bothered by this potential takeover then? Is it because you know Twitter has been a very powerful tool for liberals and now you're at risk of losing it?

Seems like you had no issue with Twitter being a privately owned business, empowered to censor and ban as it chooses, as long as it benefits your team.
I’m not sure what gave you the impression that I’m worried. I don’t love that wealth has accumulated to the point where just buying them out is possible, but that’s something I in general don’t like and isn’t specific to Elon and Twitter.

edit: that’s me personally. A lot of people on the left are upset for exactly the reason you’re suggesting.

Reactions: mlblack16.
No. His parents were not rich

Elon Musk was not born into wealth, unlike many fortunate businesspeople.

He built himself up through his own innovations and determination.

Although there have been rumors that Musk’s father was a wealthy, emerald mine-owning man, that isn’t true, and Musk has gained nothing from his father.

Musk lived in tough conditions and the only thing that got him out was his passion for innovation through programming.

Elon thinks Mush is a Mush Brain

This thread is the perfect example of what is wrong in politics. Twitter has undoubtedly been censoring republicans and as soon as The left loses control the OP and republicans are trying to censor democrats.

Love or hate him, Elon has it right…. Let everyone speak and then we can judge them on their actions

Reactions: ohio herd
My understanding is that they were better off than upper middle class, but like I said he has a natural knack for entrepreneurship and a huge willingness to take risks. He’s brilliant in many spheres, that just doesn’t necessarily mean he’s brilliant in all spheres.

If he wants to buy Twitter and unblock everyone more power to him. I disagree with him that anybody has a legal right to post on Twitter, but if it’s his Twitter that’s on him to decide.

"I don't want to give someone credit for just being really good at some aspects of the world that made him rich, but I'm struggling to make him look bad as well."

The OP is the problem though.

WW3 to them:

The opposing sides:
Side 1:
Republicans (anyone really) no longer being silenced and you can't "cancel" or remove people for having opposite opinions of you.
They will continue to exist and the thought of they being active even if you've blocked them, is an insanity trigger.

Side 2:
People who will things into existence and play pretend...now will have a harder time doing so due to <gasp> people not agreeing with them and not magically vanishing.

The "world" in question:

A platform that isn't real nor exists on any physical plain.

That's the moron's take on WW3.

Frankly, it wouldn't shock me if this were Elon's plan to get people back into public debate and physical open forums, where you can't hide behind a dumb twitter handle, you see people, they see you, and you have to face someone who doesn't agree with you.

Reactions: mlblack16.
"I don't want to give someone credit for just being really good at some aspects of the world that made him rich, but I'm struggling to make him look bad as well."
I literally give him credit for being good at some aspects of the world in the post you’re quoting.

edit: he’s also a PR savant

First, what? Second, and your opinion as to someone's wealth matters because?
I think he world is a better place when the income disparity isn’t as high as it is now. This guy being able to just go buy Twitter is a symptom of that. The ultra wealthy have too much power (this is not a party issue, it’s prevalent on both sides.)

You like what he’s doing this time. I at least don’t dislike it*. But that’s this time, and who knows what bug will crawl up his ass next time.

And why do any of our opinions about anything matter?

*I don’t really use Twitter other than when something local happens or when people send me links. I think the layout is confusing and I don’t really care what most people have to say about anything. That being said, I think them banning trump was a bad idea (not illegal, but dumb). But that’s just another example of corporations and the ultra rich having too much power because everything is so consolidated.

The guy who went up & succeeded against the world’s biggest car makers, who figured out how to simultaneously land suborbital rockets, & is the world’s richest man is arrogant? No way.

There are some parts of Yang’s platform I like. His interviews on both Joe Rogan & Ben Shapiro caught my attention, which ironically the left seems to hate.

What about when he buys twitter and the selective censorship stays, just applied to a different ideology?

What about when he buys twitter and the selective censorship stays, just applied to a different ideology?
If he owns it and wants to ban all the liberals or all the Green Party or whoever he wants then legally there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Probably a bad business decision but if he wants to do that then sure.

If he owns it and wants to ban all the liberals or all the Green Party or whoever he wants then legally there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Probably a bad business decision but if he wants to do that then sure.
I hate the social currency people give to Twitter, especially since everyone knows the site is full of bots.

I hate the social currency people give to Twitter, especially since everyone knows the site is full of bots.
Same. There’s almost nothing redeeming about it at all. It’s all the worst parts of social media amalgamated.

Its somewhat useful whenever there’s local stuff happening because someone closer by has probably tweeted about it, but I never just go scroll through Twitter. It’s full of all of the worst takes from the worst people: Anyone who thinks strangers care what they think. (Present company excluded.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT