ADVERTISEMENT

IG vs Brian Anderson Numbers

Marine03

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 29, 2012
Connecticut
IG’s 56.3 percent completion percentage and 996 yards through 5 games with 7 TDS and 5 INT for a 124.5 QBR is on pace to be less than Brian Anderson’s 2010 season of a 56.8 percent completion percentage with 2,358 yards, 20-15 and a 117.7 QBR.
In today’s game folks this is a joke.
This is Holidays doing by not recognizing a poor QB when he sees one. And BA had a much harder schedule as he played against 2 ranked opponents that season one of which was Ohio State

IG’s 56.3 percent completion percentage and 996 yards through 5 games with 7 TDS and 5 INT for a 124.5 QBR is on pace to be less than Brian Anderson’s 2010 season of a 56.8 percent completion percentage with 2,358 yards, 20-15 and a 117.7 QBR.
In today’s game folks this is a joke.
This is Holidays doing by not recognizing a poor QB when he sees one. And BA had a much harder schedule as he played against 2 ranked opponents that season one of which was Ohio State
I think you made a good observation there Marine. However, we have also played two Top 25 teams this year so far. As a matter of fact one RPI forum has our current SOS at #69. It will be interesting to see if his numbers improve as the season goes forward. Yes I am aware, our schedule is about to get easy....just pointing out the numbers through the first five games.

I think you made a good observation there Marine. However, we have also played two Top 25 teams this year so far. As a matter of fact one RPI forum has our current SOS at #69. It will be interesting to see if his numbers improve as the season goes forward. Yes I am aware, our schedule is about to get easy....just pointing out the numbers through the first five games.

Cincy was not ranked when we played them. And none of which have reached a ranking of #2 like OSU was that season when we played there. The 2010 season our schedule finished ranked per Sagarin 91st with a 64.61 ranking.

For all of you who believe we really gave OSU a game, I've a tidbit for you that you may not like very well. Here goes.

When Snyder first visited the CIncy/NKY alumni/Big Green club, before his first game every coached at MU, he was asked about the MU/OSU game. Here is a close to a quote as I can remember from something 15 years ago.

As the game went on, the Head Coach came over to him and asked him if he thought we were going to be able to stop them (OSU stopping us). Snyder told him yes, but he was a bit concerned since they had not prepared for our offense leading up to the game.

So there you have it, we nearly beat OSU due to their basically ignoring the fact that we were coming into their stadium to play them.

Don't get me wrong, I almost cried when that 51 yard field goal went through the uprights while the clock was running out. But....

For all of you who believe we really gave OSU a game, I've a tidbit for you that you may not like very well. Here goes.

When Snyder first visited the CIncy/NKY alumni/Big Green club, before his first game every coached at MU, he was asked about the MU/OSU game. Here is a close to a quote as I can remember from something 15 years ago.

As the game went on, the Head Coach came over to him and asked him if he thought we were going to be able to stop them (OSU stopping us). Snyder told him yes, but he was a bit concerned since they had not prepared for our offense leading up to the game.

So there you have it, we nearly beat OSU due to their basically ignoring the fact that we were coming into their stadium to play them.

Don't get me wrong, I almost cried when that 51 yard field goal went through the uprights while the clock was running out. But....

Not sure how the Bob Pruett coached game vs OSU factors in here but ok, I guess

Cincy was not ranked when we played them. And none of which have reached a ranking of #2 like OSU was that season when we played there. The 2010 season our schedule finished ranked per Sagarin 91st with a 64.61 ranking.
Good Lord they are ranked now and that is all that counts. All I did was point out the FACT that we have lost to two ranked teams this year and you come up with some stupid response.

Good Lord they are ranked now and that is all that counts. All I did was point out the FACT that we have lost to two ranked teams this year and you come up with some stupid response.

I’m just pointing out the fact that UC was not ranked when we played them and none had a higher ranking than OSU when we played them. Furthermore, the SOS you pointed out not me. You should’ve just said you’re correct and STFU.

The same team that beat UCF was the same team that pummeled us the week before. I don't see how them not being respected prior to our game had any tangible effect on how good their players were that night. They played a flawless game. Honestly, if it weren't my team on the receiving end of it, as a football fan I'd have thought it was a wonderful display. Luke Fickell clearly doesn't belong in G5.

I think we are suffering mightily from unreasonable expectations, caused by all those turnovers in Boise keeping the score of that game closer than it should have been. Had Boise beaten us 28-7 or 35-7 like they should have, I don't think people would have been so surprised to see us lose to UC like that. I honestly think UC is better than BSU.

And I'm with everybody who wants to drown the children, I don't think this Marshall team is any good at all. But people need to learn that being picked to win a division in C-USA is sort of like being told "We officially consider you in the Top 100 FBS teams," not that you're going to play in a New Years Day bowl.

Oh and I once saw Brian Anderson self-sack on a hail mary as time expired. Don't make the comparison unless you're going to follow it up by fist-fighting Isaiah Green.

Oh and I once saw Brian Anderson self-sack on a hail mary as time expired. Don't make the comparison unless you're going to follow it up by fist-fighting Isaiah Green.

No problem chief, so you’re making the same argument I am. They both are really bad at being a QB

The same team that beat UCF was the same team that pummeled us the week before. I don't see how them not being respected prior to our game had any tangible effect on how good their players were that night. They played a flawless game. Honestly, if it weren't my team on the receiving end of it, as a football fan I'd have thought it was a wonderful display. Luke Fickell clearly doesn't belong in G5.

I think we are suffering mightily from unreasonable expectations, caused by all those turnovers in Boise keeping the score of that game closer than it should have been. Had Boise beaten us 28-7 or 35-7 like they should have, I don't think people would have been so surprised to see us lose to UC like that. I honestly think UC is better than BSU.

And I'm with everybody who wants to drown the children, I don't think this Marshall team is any good at all. But people need to learn that being picked to win a division in C-USA is sort of like being told "We officially consider you in the Top 100 FBS teams," not that you're going to play in a New Years Day bowl.
Our team doesn't have to suck. Don't know why we settle for it.

In throwing they're comparable. Brian had a problem overthrowing players or throwing behind them. I mean he could overthrow Lee Smith who would be just 3 yards ahead of him. The edge goes to Green in that he can actually tuck it and run. The only way Anderson ran was backwards. Anderson was worse from the standpoint we saw him as a Jr and a Sr. There is a possibility of improvement from Green as he is just a Sophomore.

That being said I would like to see a better QB play next season. I am tired of spread/athletic QBs. Give me a QB that is heavy on IQ and arm talent like Chad or Byron and I'll win the game more often than not. This whole running QB fascination makes for bad football. Running QBs are hardly ever patient and want to tuck and run when their first read isn't there and their throwing mechanics are usually pretty bad.

Find a QB that can read the field, go through their progressions, and ACTUALLY STEPS INTO THEIR THROWS.

Reactions: thunderscope
Yes we can. It’s as simple as being vocal about it and monetarily showing those who make these decisions how we feel about it.
In 2018, tickets and donations combined accounted for barely over a fifth (22%) of MU's athletic budget. Student Fees alone accounted for an equivalent portion. The school itself apportioned more in direct financial support than either of those categories. You pull your money, they just raise fees on the kids.

This ain't a for-profit enterprise, my man...this ain't no publicly-traded company with irate shareholders. They could march barnyard animals in shoulderpads out onto that field Saturday, Mike Hamrick still gonna get paid.

In 2018, tickets and donations combined accounted for barely over a fifth (22%) of MU's athletic budget. Student Fees alone accounted for an equivalent portion. The school itself apportioned more in direct financial support than either of those categories. You pull your money, they just raise fees on the kids.

This ain't a for-profit enterprise, my man...this ain't no publicly-traded company with irate shareholders. They could march barnyard animals in shoulderpads out onto that field Saturday, Mike Hamrick still gonna get paid.

If enough unhappy fans pull their money (donors) and fans quit showing up it sends the appropriate message. It’s the same in every sport at any level. Telling yourself otherwise is just not correct.

If enough unhappy fans pull their money (donors) and fans quit showing up it sends the appropriate message. It’s the same in every sport at any level. Telling yourself otherwise is just not correct.

And I'm telling you that there are MAC teams that have been playing in front of empty bleachers for thousands of years.

Watch Saturday's game and look for Section 115 - all those beams of uncovered aluminum, gleaming in the October sun represent the 13,178 people who each pay $511 a year for tickets to this and every sporting event Marshall plays. It's thanks to them, and not you or I, that we have this thing to watch.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
And I'm telling you that there are MAC teams that have been playing in front of empty bleachers for thousands of years.

Watch Saturday's game and look for Section 115 - all those beams of uncovered aluminum, gleaming in the October sun represent the 13,178 people who each pay $511 a year for tickets to this and every sporting event Marshall plays. It's thanks to them, and not you or I, that we have this thing to watch.

Wasn't it Akron that was purchasing their own tickets to keep their "attendance" numbers to that never enforced FBS requirement.

Licious, where you are slightly off is that Hamrick is getting ready to start his latest "begging for money" world tour for the baseball stadium. That puts money at the forefront and the school and students won't be ponying up the money for that.

I applaud Hamrick’s “ponying” up to raise money for the long, long, long overdue baseball stadium. I was a walk on payer in the early 70s, when we played at St. Cloud. College baseball has come a long way since then. I made a significant, for me at least, pledge to the Herd Rises campaign in an effort to make the baseball stadium a reality. In my opinion Mike Hamrick is the best AD we’ve had in my years of supporting The Herd! Go Herd...support the “Herd Rises” fund raising campaign. It needs to become reality while Coach Cook can see it happen!!!

I applaud Hamrick’s “ponying” up to raise money for the long, long, long overdue baseball stadium. I was a walk on payer in the early 70s, when we played at St. Cloud. College baseball has come a long way since then. I made a significant, for me at least, pledge to the Herd Rises campaign in an effort to make the baseball stadium a reality. In my opinion Mike Hamrick is the best AD we’ve had in my years of supporting The Herd! Go Herd...support the “Herd Rises” fund raising campaign. It needs to become reality while Coach Cook can see it happen!!!

He may be our best AD. And if that’s the case, it is very sad for our athletic program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT