ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunate

IslandHerd1

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2012
Lowcountry
One thing I hated was how Marshall seemingly invented new ways to lose games under Doc, yearly.

Numerous memories of games the announcers were at a loss to describe the malfunction being witnessed on the field.
^Happened again last night.

Last year we beat the hell out of ourselves to close out the season, and here we are doing it again. 3 L’s, to inferior talent who chose to play harder than our guys.

Last night we blistered MTSU, but we decided to kick our own asses.

Look at it this way:

1st downs
MU 28
MTSU 16

Yards
MU 493
MTSU 314

QB’s
Wells 31/47 321 1 TD 2 INT <~~More INT than TD on the year

Cunningham 12/21 105 2TD 1 INT

It’s one thing to lose, but to lose in the manner the guys did last night is hard to process. We had every chance to get the win even after the first 4 turnovers but yet we decided to make the same mistakes twice more and turn it over again.

It looks like this team at times is afraid of winning and scared of success. They also play to the level of our opponent vs playing to the best of their capabilities. We gave away the ECU game, blew the App game and then gift wrapped and hand delivered the game to MTSU last night.

Hey team, if you’re running with the ball which side do you carry the ball on?? The side closest to the sideline.

If you’re defending a pass, eventually you have to turn your head and rotate.

If you’re about to be tackled by 3-5 opposing players, get down and don’t get stood up and the ball punched out. If you didn’t see an easy path to make a bigger gain doing the swan dance isn’t going to help.

For the record, I’m 1000000% supporting this team no matter what, and supporting Coach Huff as he establishes his program. Losing isn’t the end of the world, but losing by self inflicted damage is. Clean it up guys and bounce back. Win the East and play for the Chip.

A dive into each teams two deep would show that we actually had lower rated players compared to both Middle and ECu and were just .02 ahead of Appy.

Yes I realize that is a knock on Doc.

But. Technically we did not have the better talent, or at least the better rated talent.

A dive into each teams two deep would show that we actually had lower rated players compared to both Middle and ECu and were just .02 ahead of Appy.

Yes I realize that is a knock on Doc.

But. Technically we did not have the better talent, or at least the better rated talent.
But is that due to the fact we have walk-on’s starting??

Doc was not the ace recruiter some believed. He had lost his edge in South FL years ago and loaded up on NQ's , HOPING they would get eligible and start.

Doc was not the ace recruiter some believed. He had lost his edge in South FL years ago and loaded up on NQ's , HOPING they would get eligible and start.
I don't think recruiting was bad until after 2014 and even then his problem was keeping the players on campus. The NQ thing became an issue when he just started handing them out to random unranked players we could usually get. NQ spots should be no more than 3-4 each year and reserved for players Marshall could never get straight up.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT