ADVERTISEMENT

I'm taking a break from arguing with you SOBs

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
Give me a week or so. I am heartbroken over the events of last night. Just too much death and destruction in an area I know well, I lived out that way for a year. A friend of mine lost her home...and I mean it was slabbed, there's nothing left. At least her and her family are alive, they had the sense to flee south well ahead of it.

I am emotionally drained from following that one supercell. A several hours long train wreck you get to watch but can't do shit about, the train is going 65 mph and its wrecking for 250 miles and the whole time it is exploding every town in its way. And the worst part about it? After about an hour it was obvious that storm had nothing in its path to cut off its inflow energy for a long, long time. A self sustaining machine. Twenty plus years I've been a chaser and weather enthusiast and I have never seen something quite like this...I've seen bigger storms and stronger tornadoes, but never one that just keep going and going for hours. Most of us from time to time debated if the 1925 Tri State Tornado was really one continuous tornado for 219 miles, surely that's not possible....well now we know.

I'll post some thoughts later this week on building standards and businesses that are too damn stupid to have an action plan in place...my anger on that is slowly simmering and awaiting some more facts.

Ya well, the ass-hole President took the opportunity to plug his agenda!

"All I know is that the intensity of the weather across the board has some impacts as a consequence of the warming of the planet and climate change," Biden said. "The specific impact on these specific storms, I can't say at this point."

"I'm going to be asking the EPA and others to take a look at that," Biden added. "The fact is that we all know everything is more intense when the climate is warming. Everything. And obviously, it has some impact here, but I can't give you a quantitative read on that."

AOC, continued when asked about the tornado damage:

"Looks to me like it's time to Build Back Better!"

Just imagine if Trump would have said any of the above. All hell would have broke loose.

Ya well, the ass-hole President took the opportunity to plug his agenda!

"All I know is that the intensity of the weather across the board has some impacts as a consequence of the warming of the planet and climate change," Biden said. "The specific impact on these specific storms, I can't say at this point."

"I'm going to be asking the EPA and others to take a look at that," Biden added. "The fact is that we all know everything is more intense when the climate is warming. Everything. And obviously, it has some impact here, but I can't give you a quantitative read on that."

AOC, continued when asked about the tornado damage:

"Looks to me like it's time to Build Back Better!"

Just imagine if Trump would have said any of the above. All hell would have broke loose.
Really want to go there?

Really want to go there?

Actually, Trump is right. The misallocation of funds and not clearing the under brush is what caused most of the fires. The failure to get arid of the kindling allows the crown fires to erupt. In this case, he was right.

Most forest fires don't kill over 100 people in one night.

Actually, Trump is right. The misallocation of funds and not clearing the under brush is what caused most of the fires. The failure to get arid of the kindling allows the crown fires to erupt. In this case, he was right.

Most forest fires don't kill over 100 people in one night.
Nor is it a trillions upon trillion dollar change

Mush did it and they haven't even recovered all of the bodies of those killed

Raoul,

very bad. some of the pictures and video that I have seen look horrendous

@Raoul Duke MU I am happy to hear you are safe and sorry to hear about your friend losing their home through the horrific destruction. Is there anything we can do to support your friend? Clothing? Are they staying with family or a hotel?

@Raoul Duke MU I am happy to hear you are safe and sorry to hear about your friend losing their home through the horrific destruction. Is there anything we can do to support your friend? Clothing? Are they staying with family or a hotel?
They have received enough clothing is the latest word. They are with family. I am waiting to hear about a fundraiser for them, I believe their church will be doing something. Thank you for your concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT