ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/ Louisville canceled last two games of series

MUTHFAN

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2021
Just saw where Indiana and Louisville canceled the last two games of their series. I know we are full in 2024 already and have two P5 on the schedule in 24, but how cool would that be to have a home and home with Louisville. I believe the Lamar Jackson game was one of the top five highest attendances at the Joan. Even a stand alone Louisville road game in 25 would be cool. Any chance our athletic department approaches?

Just saw where Indiana and Louisville canceled the last two games of their series. I know we are full in 2024 already and have two P5 on the schedule in 24, but how cool would that be to have a home and home with Louisville. I believe the Lamar Jackson game was one of the top five highest attendances at the Joan. Even a stand alone Louisville road game in 25 would be cool. Any chance our athletic department approaches?
The only way we would be involved with Louisville would be if we decided to take a road game there in 2025 with no return game.

Our 2024 schedule is set. We need a road game in 2025 and a home game in 2026... Louisville's schedules for 2026 and 2027 are already full and they only need a home game in 2028 (which will be an FCS team since they go to Kentucky and Texas AM that year).

Reactions: The Real SamC
That’s fair, I just think swinging a home and home with Louisville would be exciting. I could stomach if we bought Stony Brook or Western Michigan out in 24 to make room for it, but I also understand the fact it’s an expense and we lose a tune up game. Regardless I’m excited to be host Virginia Tech, I’m hoping for a good atmosphere. Doubt we’ll break any attendance records with the tarped bleachers.

Reactions: alphasig1053
That’d be a great series as well. I had just originally thought of Louisville, because that’s one of the few P5s we’ve had come to Huntington.
We’ve earned 1-1 with Louisville. We’ve beaten them numerous times. I’m always game for a series with them. It’s a close game that fans of both can easily attend the road game. Just not 2-1 etc

We’ve earned 1-1 with Louisville. We’ve beaten them numerous times. I’m always game for a series with them. It’s a close game that fans of both can easily attend the road game. Just not 2-1 etc
…..about 100 miles further to Bloomington, IN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT