ADVERTISEMENT

Is Doc Going For the "Quick" Fix?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Starting to sign JUCOs. I believe we now have two. Hopefully we are not going to load up with bunches. However, at this point I guess he has to do something to get us turned around. Just don't run everyone off!

He's gotta plug some gaps, especially on the lines. Both were not good last fall. That said, I'd like to see a good Juco or Grad Transfer QB come on board and a new OC. But those aren't happening.

Reactions: The Real SamC
That sucks, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing some on offense as well, to say they did terrible this past year is an understatement

Wish I could do Fairfield again, if any of you guys don't have to pinch pennies and can afford, I would recommend joining the board. Inside info was priceless.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Word is that Donkeyteeth has signed with Alabama while Mousecop is going to Kentucky.

One thing is for sure, just about everyone of these players have such a unique name that they can be found in a google search without adding search criteria like, "JUCO."

That's the comment of the day!! Well done

I am surprised we even know about the recruit - ha! If it were up to the Democratic People's Republic of Marshall Football, we probably wouldn't publish a roster. We should get in line, buy tickets, donate, and then put our blind faith that they have been taught the infallible plan to win and the people on the field and in the box have it all figured for us.

To keep it going; I'm really hoping for A A Ron Balakay

Seriously, though, bring on the JUCOs. This past seasons roster needs to fear for their spots.

I am surprised we even know about the recruit - ha! If it were up to the Democratic People's Republic of Marshall Football, we probably wouldn't publish a roster. We should get in line, buy tickets, donate, and then put our blind faith that they have been taught the infallible plan to win and the people on the field and in the box have it all figured for us.

On a similar note...the no names on the back of the jerseys thing pisses me off. Doesn't work, nor is it necessary.

Reactions: WV_Celt
From what I have seen on these kids, they are good quality gets and we desperately needed them, I just wish we could have gotten some early enrollee OLineman.

WV_Celt posted "This past seasons roster needs to fear for their spots." I seriously doubt any returning players "fear" losing their position since no coaching changes were made what is there to fear?

Reactions: MARSHALL77
WV_Celt posted "This past seasons roster needs to fear for their spots." I seriously doubt any returning players "fear" losing their position since no coaching changes were made what is there to fear?

If it's final that no changes are coming staff-wise I'm pretty disappointed. Guess another season of Tecmo Bowl offense is in the works.

When you go the JUCO route you have just admitted there is a major issue / problem and no real solution but to attempt to find some people you can play immediately that might make a difference.

Problem ..a few things this staff is very proficient in accomplishing is ruining a player quicker than anywhere in the nation along with recruiting the wrong people to begin with. You can not be a consistent program when you continue to bring in people of questionable character as well as academic abilities.

Holliday may lead the nation in the number of players dismissed from the program during his tenure as the head man. Seriously surprised the kid Kiffin just signed from FSU did not end up in Huntington..then again there is a major difference in Boca Raton and H'town..

Someone really needs to explain how a "recruiting genius" gets his ass in this kind of sling.

I guess one plus is that certain fans wont be able to use the "young" excuse anymore. I would imagine a JUCO could easily remember the 5-10 play, playbook much quicker than an 18 year old true freshman, or an illiterate academic non qualifier.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT