ADVERTISEMENT

It Begins

GoHerdMarshallYes

Gold Buffalo
Nov 7, 2018
Some said it wasn't true MU BoG members were using MU as a stepping stone for political gain...and then there's this.

I'm shocked people can't believe Huff interviewed with Duke. Really? A promising coach with a stint at 'Bama on his resume - & we're shocked he might be interested in an ACC job?

I'm shocked people can't believe Huff interviewed with Duke. Really? A promising coach with a stint at 'Bama on his resume - & we're shocked he might be interested in an ACC job?
Look there’s only a couple scenarios for Marshall. You settle for long term mediocrity, or you shoot for short term success.

There are much, much worse things than Marshall being a “cradle of coaches” with a few guys out there who had good success here and left after 2-3 years. That makes for good connections, which pay off when hiring new coaches and even recruiting.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Look there’s only a couple scenarios for Marshall. You settle for long term mediocrity, or you shoot for short term success.

There are much, much worse things than Marshall being a “cradle of coaches” with a few guys out there who had good success here and left after 2-3 years. That makes for good connections, which pay off when hiring new coaches and even recruiting.
I've always carried a realist's mentality with Marshall football. I think that's the only way to purely enjoy their success when they have it. Pruett almost took the Houston job & he's an alumni. I would much rather lose a coach because of success than be burdened with one because we can't afford to fire. If we hire good coaches with sizable payouts & support them while they're at Marshall, that's all we can do. Just pay the money when you go. Rinse, lather, repeat & hope for the best.

Reactions: alphasig1053
I've always carried a realist's mentality with Marshall football. I think that's the only way to purely enjoy their success when they have it. Pruett almost took the Houston job & he's an alumni. I would much rather lose a coach because of success than be burdened with one because we can't afford to fire. If we hire good coaches with sizable payouts & support them while they're at Marshall, that's all we can do. Just pay the money when you go. Rinse, lather, repeat & hope for the best.
I would rather a buyout, rather than a payout.

My only issue is him being here less than a year. It’s hard to get players to commit to a process when the coach won’t.
I get that but I think especially now players get how things are too. Yeah, I would like to see a guy stick around at least 2-3 years. And if he were out there campaigning for jobs it would rub me the wrong way. But if a P5 comes knocking I’m not expecting anybody to say thanks but no thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT