ADVERTISEMENT

Its the Sun Belt... W/link.. Marshall, JMU, ODU, So. Miss

Reactions: The Real SamC
I hear we have until 4 pm Friday to say yes or no. and DD is 100% against it!
My question would be, why would DD care?... We go from a 1 bid league for the NCAA and NIT, to a 1 bid league for the NCAA and NIT... And the new league will be "easier."

Also, as it has been from the second Texas and Oklahoma announced their move, realignment is a football decision, and nothing else matters (no offense to any other sport/coach).

My question would be, why would DD care?... We go from a 1 bid league for the NCAA and NIT, to a 1 bid league for the NCAA and NIT... And the new league will be "easier."

Also, as it has been from the second Texas and Oklahoma announced their move, realignment is a football decision, and nothing else matters (no offense to any other sport/coach).
Word is, he is 100% against it as the SBC is, in his mind inferior to cUSA, and I would guess he has Big Jim's backing

Reactions: TNherdfan
I would be careful with Matt Brown. He has jumped the gun before.

My question would be, why would DD care?

Because according to some of the Parrots on another board, they feel if we go to a better basketball conference it will help with recruiting. When I pointed out, that holds no water. We are basically just recruiting against the other members of the conference and DD has not done such a great job so far in CUSA. What makes us feel he will do better elsewhere ie the MAC where they (apparently) want to go. I was met with resistance.

Reactions: RhinoD
Feeling a bit bad for La. Tech, WKU, MTSU fans... Stuck with FIU and UTEP and possibly adding some mix of --

Liberty, New Mexico State, Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, Missouri State, McNeese State... Not much to look at there.

Reactions: munotwvu342

I think the quality of basketball is one reason and the impact of recruiting that goes with that. So, I'm sure he is for something like the MAC which is far better basketball and easy travel, but that doesn't mean he can or will "block" it. I did hear him talk about traveling and schools that are not near major airports. Ga Southern was the example. We have a basketball team that uses bus, commercial and I think an occasional charter flight to travel. I don't think travel challenges are enough to not go, but I get why he is thinking about it. So even with the old cusa travel was easier despite a similar footprint.

Does anyone know how the belt does it's league games? will they be doing a Thursday / Saturday like CUSA did to reduce the amount of time student athletes are gone?

just passing on info and asking questions....no one freak out.

Just so you know your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. IF Dan is doing half of what is being discussed on here and various other forums and you still would support him then it is you that are at the bottom.
Whatever happens, I’ll support the school and the players who chose to come here.

I won’t go to the games just to root against Marshall like you posted. The post you deleted doesn’t really shock me, though, since you’ve been proven to a bandwagon fan.

Reactions: horsrman and 19MU88
Whatever happens, I’ll support the school and the players who chose to come here.

I won’t go to the games just to root against Marshall like you posted. The post you deleted doesn’t really shock me, though, since you’ve been proven to a bandwagon fan.
I'm not a bandwagon fan. I just refuse to root for selfish people. If Dan would rather keep us from moving to the SBC so he can "have better basketball" with Sam Houston State and McNeese State it shows how selfish he is. Especially when he may not even be able to coach 5 years from now.

The damage that would do to this athletic department would be irreparable, but please go on and support that.

I might be more inclined to see his point of view if he were constantly winning the conference and we were a consistent tournament team, but we're not. Outside of one good year and one magical conference tournament run he has done next to nothing.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have any input, but his wishes should not carry that much weight.

The only reason Dan can do what Dan can is because he's MU royalty. If he were just some other HC no one would put up with half of what he's rumored to have pulled.

And since you're pulling fan cards start calling out those that told us that Dan is playing a big role in slowing this from happening. It's not like myself or anyone else upset about just pulled it out of thin air.

Feeling a bit bad for La. Tech, WKU, MTSU fans... Stuck with FIU and UTEP and possibly adding some mix of --

Liberty, New Mexico State, Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, Missouri State, McNeese State... Not much to look at there.
And in this collection, and I assume WKU and MTSU are going to the MAC, you see why DD is the problem here. This would be one of the worst basketball conferences there is, right at the bottom of Div I with the Big South, the HBCUs, the MAAC, and the Southland. Just the kind of non-competition he wants, and the kind of cheap victories his sycophantic minions praise.

And in this collection, and I assume WKU and MTSU are going to the MAC, you see why DD is the problem here. This would be one of the worst basketball conferences there is, right at the bottom of Div I with the Big South, the HBCUs, the MAAC, and the Southland. Just the kind of non-competition he wants, and the kind of cheap victories his sycophantic minions praise.
Where in the Wide World of Sports have you seen WKU and MTSU going to the MAC?

ESPN is saying it may not be a done deal just yet. Talks aren’t as far along with Marshall as they are with odu and jmu

Reactions: RhinoD
ESPN is saying it may not be a done deal just yet. Talks aren’t as far along with Marshall as they are with odu and jmu
I just read that too... We better not screw the pooch at this point.

Tell the Sun Belt thank you, get excited about where we are headed, and don't let the thought of being in a league with McNeese State or Missouri State, led by Judy, cross our collective mind.

The announcement of the new President on Thursday gives them a chance to say the new person had input into the decision. Technically not a done deal yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT