ADVERTISEMENT

Its the Sun Belt... W/link.. Marshall, JMU, ODU, So. Miss

Let's face the real world facts! If Marshall stays in Conference USA then Marshall's future is bleak at best. Conferenced USA has a very poor conference president who is weak and the job is beyond her capabilities. At first I was not wanting to join the Sun Belt but after studying them membership and who they going to add it would be best for Marshall in the long run to join that conference.

The football games would be very competitive and enjoyable although the wins would might be hard to obtain but I believe Coach Huff over time will be able recruit the correct players to make Marshall have a very winnable season and post season.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
It's time to look for a younger basketball coach as well. DD did some nice thangs while here but it's time to move on from DD. I know $ yet again will come up as why to keep DD and I'll come back with Huff and his $ . The $ is there for a better and younger up and coming coach. Marshall just needs to cut ties with there friends.

But, but, but, one time, from fourth place, we got on an eight day hot streak. It might happen again someday.

We now see the poison that is sycophantic worship of a non-accomplishment by a mediocre figure. At a football school, and if you are playing in I-A considering our size and funding levels, we are a football school, the roll of the basketball coach is to STFO and do as he is told.

But, rather, the basketball coach is going to miss this generational moment and keep our programs in what will, if it survives, be the bottom football conference. All so he can face slightly easier competition in his quest to get a 13 seed.

Fire him.

Feeling a bit bad for La. Tech, WKU, MTSU fans... Stuck with FIU and UTEP and possibly adding some mix of --

Liberty, New Mexico State, Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, Missouri State, McNeese State... Not much to look at there.
You’re right, these would be the teams coming to Huntington and we’re concerned about attendance? Hopefully we have avoided disaster.

Reactions: RhinoD
hello old frenemy....welcome to the Sun Belt from App nation...I can tell you that App fans on our message boards almost unanimously wanted you. Time for one of college football's best rivalries to come back permanently.
we are trying to rejoin you folks we just have to get the leaders of the University (if we have any) to give the green light

Reactions: HerdFB1
I think it is obvious that the AAC members really do not like us. We either move into a better conference like the Sun Belt or we end up in the worst conference (MAC). But CUSA will cease to exist.

Reactions: ohio herd
Has anyone provided any evidence that the basketball coach is demanding we stay in CUSA?

All I’m seeing is the same group of folks pile on due to a rumor.
Agreed. Hell maybe it's true, but it doesn't seem all that logical to me and where is the proof other than the rumor mill?

Rumor was, before we hired Huff, we were going to defund the football program and redirect all efforts to the basketball program, thus leaving us with just enough money for the cheapest coach and some used football from local garage sales. And who was the villain behind this sinister plan? Why, our very own Head Basketball Coach.

If true, we really need to get back to creative recruiting. Going to need some props...... I think the sunbelt over all is a less recognized conference but I do believe currently it probably has better football top to bottom. Like to see more bowl tie-ins down the road..

Well come this Friday we will all know the truth and the rumor mill will be a thing of the past....thank GOD!!

If true, we really need to get back to creative recruiting. Going to need some props...... I think the sunbelt over all is a less recognized conference but I do believe currently it probably has better football top to bottom. Like to see more bowl tie-ins down the road..
Bowl tie-ins are meaningless nowadays... ESPN is going to create match-ups for TV. Every year there are bowl games that "trade" tie-ins, leagues that don't have enough eligible teams to fill, etc.

Sooner rather than later the only true bowl tie-ins will be the big ones on New Years Day, and all else will be mixed and matched by ESPN.

Also, once CUSA no longer exists those spots have to go to somebody, lol

The BB coach
Has anyone provided any evidence that the basketball coach is demanding we stay in CUSA?

All I’m seeing is the same group of folks pile on due to a rumor.

no. I had heard he wanted MAC but as I understand it he is on board with the sunbelt and does not want MAC. that's from talking to people not just message board rumor. Our fans freaked out and DD and now the BoG are getting trashed and at the end of the day, we ended up with what most wanted. I'd hate to hear from them if they didn't get what they want. Now, I just wish they all cut checks like the bitch.

Bowl tie-ins are meaningless nowadays... ESPN is going to create match-ups for TV. Every year there are bowl games that "trade" tie-ins, leagues that don't have enough eligible teams to fill, etc.

Sooner rather than later the only true bowl tie-ins will be the big ones on New Years Day, and all else will be mixed and matched by ESPN.

Also, once CUSA no longer exists those spots have to go to somebody, lol
Or the bowls would just disappear

Let's face the real world facts! If Marshall stays in Conference USA then Marshall's future is bleak at best. Conferenced USA has a very poor conference president who is weak and the job is beyond her capabilities. At first I was not wanting to join the Sun Belt but after studying them membership and who they going to add it would be best for Marshall in the long run to join that conference.

The football games would be very competitive and enjoyable although the wins would might be hard to obtain but I believe Coach Huff over time will be able recruit the correct players to make Marshall have a very winnable season and post season.
HerdFever, is that you?

It's time to look for a younger basketball coach as well. DD did some nice thangs while here but it's time to move on from DD. I know $ yet again will come up as why to keep DD and I'll come back with Huff and his $ . The $ is there for a better and younger up and coming coach. Marshall just needs to cut ties with there friends.
Mike?

CBS reports that Southern Mississippi will formerly announce its Sun Belt membership at 4:30 ET today. USM is the last remaining original CUSA member and has played in Division I-A since the distinction was formalized.

Meanwhile, our window seems to be closing and they will very soon move on to people who can make a decision. Left behind.

Thanks DD.

CBS reports that Southern Mississippi will formerly announce its Sun Belt membership at 4:30 ET today. USM is the last remaining original CUSA member and has played in Division I-A since the distinction was formalized.

Meanwhile, our window seems to be closing and they will very soon move on to people who can make a decision. Left behind.

Thanks DD.
From what others have said on here and what has been reported elsewhere, MU is not going to make a formal announcement either way until Friday (since we are naming a new university president on Thursday). They want it to look legit, like the new guy put his formal John Hancock on the move.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I suspect that is what DD is spinning, but in things like this windows open and close quickly. Considering the strong indication that the stories about DD are true, might be best to get things done ASAP.

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1

Thanks DD.
Sometimes, I could swear Sam is acting like a

Coke head

Thanks DD.
Would you care to provide any evidence for the D’Antoni comments, or are you just using this as another opportunity to bash him?

As I said above, this is just the same group of people that normally trash the basketball team throughout the season piling on due to a rumor.

Sun belt is the only way to go. Now on DD, I have yet to see anything come out from him rooting against us going to the sunbelt. People need to use some common sense and realize that its just a message board and people like to lie and embellish.

Would you care to provide any evidence for the D’Antoni comments, or are you just using this as another opportunity to bash him?

As I said above, this is just the same group of people that normally trash the basketball team throughout the season piling on due to a rumor.
You can have whatever opinion of me you wish. I’m not the source of this theory, either on this board or in the broader MU fan community. However, considering DD’s history, it does not surprise me. We need to get this 100% locked down ASAP.

As to “trashing” the basketball team, neither I nor any other poster here has ever done that. Some of us want to discuss basketball, Nov-Mar. This generally gets shut down with the ignorant idea that the season is irrelevant and “one time we got hot for 8 days, it might happen again some day.”

Sun belt is the only way to go. Now on DD, I have yet to see anything come out from him rooting against us going to the sunbelt. People need to use some common sense and realize that its just a message board and people like to lie and embellish.
I am with him a lot and have never heard him say a negative thing about us joining the league especially with ODU and JMU coming along. He has always spoken of having them and Liberty in any league we are in

Big 12 (not WVU) rumor mills have the networks not falling for it and thus the league looking to add between 2 and 6 more members (from the AAC) and the remnant AACers thus looking to find shelter if that league collapses. ECU has been in discussions with the SBC.

We need to get this locked down NOW.

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
Let them have a losing season or two and see what attendance is.
They won't Grassie is too good and has kids waiting in the wings. Why people are asses about soccer and don't appreciate a national title is beyond me. Must be the few that watch Judge Judy, WWE, NASCAR and still drink Boones Farm.

ODU is reportedly signing on the dotted line with the Sun Belt today (official announcement to follow)... Marshall's still on target for a Friday announcement and JMU, who has to clear more hurdles since they are not only joining a league but moving up a division, will be "officially" announced next week some time.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT