ADVERTISEMENT

Its the Sun Belt... W/link.. Marshall, JMU, ODU, So. Miss

They won't Grassie is too good and has kids waiting in the wings. Why people are asses about soccer and don't appreciate a national title is beyond me. Must be the few that watch Judge Judy, WWE, NASCAR and still drink Boones Farm.
Has nothing to do with being an ass and has everything to do with real life. If grassie has a couple losing seasons, see Clemson and dabo, the crowds at soccer will disappear. It has more to do with soccer in general and not grassie.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Has nothing to do with being an ass and has everything to do with real life. If grassie has a couple losing seasons, see Clemson and dabo, the crowds at soccer will disappear. It has more to do with soccer in general and not grassie.
Nah. It’s a core of soccer fans and that core is pretty dedicated. We average around 1200 a game I think. I could see that staying consistent unless the program totally tanks - which I don’t see it happening as long as Grassie is around.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Soccer fans are a different kind of fan IMO. You dont have the same level of "ehhhh, I guess I'll go to the game" in soccer that you do in football. The size of the venues in soccer also allow there to be better participation. Will you have standing room only when the soccer team is down? No. Will you likely always have enough interest in soccer to have a decent crowd at Marshall's home field? Most likely.

Nah. It’s a core of soccer fans and that core is pretty dedicated. We average around 1200 a game I think. I could see that staying consistent unless the program totally tanks - which I don’t see it happening as long as Grassie is around.
No way we average 1200 if we start sucking.

No way we average 1200 if we start sucking.

Thanks for clearing that up. Who knew? Bad teams draw less home crowds than good teams. Let me guess, that applies to all sports??

In any case, we will never "suck" as long as Grassie is here. We will check back with you in a couple of years and see if you have figured it out yet.

My question would be, why would DD care?... We go from a 1 bid league for the NCAA and NIT, to a 1 bid league for the NCAA and NIT... And the new league will be "easier."

Also, as it has been from the second Texas and Oklahoma announced their move, realignment is a football decision, and nothing else matters (no offense to any other sport/coach).

DD needs to worry about winning this crap conference more than once every 10 ye--wait...that sounds familiar.

Thanks for clearing that up. Who knew? Bad teams draw less home crowds than good teams. Let me guess, that applies to all sports??

In any case, we will never "suck" as long as Grassie is here. We will check back with you in a couple of years and see if you have figured it out yet.
You can’t guarantee that. Do you think Clemson fans thought they would suck this year? You are getting defensive for no reason. The entire point of my comment was to say that yes if we suck then there is no way we continue to draw the crowds we have at soccer and yes it goes for every sport.

CBS reports that ODU is now official. THEY have it in writing, locked down, notarized, full force of the legal system behind them, etc.

Tick, tock, tick, tock…

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf...n-sun-belt-marshall-jmu-expected-to-join-soon

Take it easy Sam, everything is on schedule as it has been for about a week now... The Sun Belt is aware of our president being named and our timeline. Marshall and JMU, "have not yet applied for Sun Belt membership, but that is just a formality."

JMU has an "Emergency" board of governors meeting scheduled for Friday. They have to go through the red tape of getting approval from the state to move up a division, so their official announcement isn't expected until mid-next week.

You can’t guarantee that. Do you think Clemson fans thought they would suck this year? You are getting defensive for no reason. The entire point of my comment was to say that yes if we suck then there is no way we continue to draw the crowds we have at soccer and yes it goes for every sport.

I'm not defensive. I just don't know why we need someone giving us the "sky is blue" type comments regarding attendance. We all know that about sports. You are throwing out a hypothetical which I correctly told you is not going to happen as long as he is here. Is that really that difficult for you? We will check back in a year or two and see if you are getting it. No worries.

They won't Grassie is too good and has kids waiting in the wings. Why people are asses about soccer and don't appreciate a national title is beyond me. Must be the few that watch Judge Judy, WWE, NASCAR and still drink Boones Farm.
Hey now. I watch NASCAR and I like our soccer team.

• Haha
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf...n-sun-belt-marshall-jmu-expected-to-join-soon

Take it easy Sam, everything is on schedule as it has been for about a week now... The Sun Belt is aware of our president being named and our timeline. Marshall and JMU, "have not yet applied for Sun Belt membership, but that is just a formality."

JMU has an "Emergency" board of governors meeting scheduled for Friday. They have to go through the red tape of getting approval from the state to move up a division, so their official announcement isn't expected until mid-next week.

Must be nice being a state where they aren't working so hard against themselves.

Actually, lots of Clemson fans anticipated this year would be a down year for them.

But, but, but, one time, from fourth place, we got on an eight day hot streak. It might happen again someday.

We now see the poison that is sycophantic worship of a non-accomplishment by a mediocre figure. At a football school, and if you are playing in I-A considering our size and funding levels, we are a football school, the roll of the basketball coach is to STFO and do as he is told.

But, rather, the basketball coach is going to miss this generational moment and keep our programs in what will, if it survives, be the bottom football conference. All so he can face slightly easier competition in his quest to get a 13 seed.

Fire him.
BWAHAHA!! This must put you in a near suicide position:

Being right about DD and how he's not what's been advertised but having to agree the SBC is better for MU overall.

Actually, lots of Clemson fans anticipated this year would be a down year for them.
Down yes but still winning or Atleast playing for acc championship. They didn’t anticipate being one of two p5 teams to not score 20+ points in regulation against fbs competition. They didt anticipate Dj uiagalelei, who was a preseason herdman contender to be awful.

CBS reports that ODU is now official. THEY have it in writing, locked down, notarized, full force of the legal system behind them, etc.

Tick, tock, tick, tock…
As I have told you multiple times, we are also in the SunBelt. This is evidence that I am correct, as ODU was only going to join if our HERD joined.

Just admit that you made a WHOOPSY, no shame in that-- I just had that feeling all along that we were SunBelt bound, fortunately I turned out to be the correct one.

Big 12 (not WVU) rumor mills have the networks not falling for it and thus the league looking to add between 2 and 6 more members (from the AAC) and the remnant AACers thus looking to find shelter if that league collapses. ECU has been in discussions with the SBC.

We need to get this locked down NOW.
False. Big12 won't expand until 2024 0r 25 if ever. Money is there with current teams Cincy, BYU, Houston and UCF add value to that Conference only 5 to 7 Million a year loss from Texas and Oklahoma at most probably 6 Million a year less. To add anyone else it starts to water down. To Big12 Memphis and SMU are only other options being considered but Big12 wants commitment from Memphis about a stadium before giving them a chance for application. This is the current true situation with the Big12 not made up.

Back on topic, the SunBelt is a much better fit and offers a much better brand of Football for MU.

Money is there with current teams Cincy, BYU, Houston and UCF add value to that Conference only 5 to 7 Million a year loss from Texas and Oklahoma at most probably 6 Million a year less.
This, boys and girls, is the kind of delusional idiocy you have to buy into to follow USPAM.

Actually, Texas and Oklahoma represented about 60% of the total value of the Big 12 2.0.

Reactions: 19MU88
BWAHAHA!! This must put you in a near suicide position:

Being right about DD and how he's not what's been advertised but having to agree the SBC is better for MU overall.
I’ve been right about DD since day one. Some here accept mediocrity. I do not. Some accepters of mediocrity are beginning to see the error of their ways.

As to the SBC vs CUSA as it is going to be after the (really dumb, IMHO) AAC raid, easy decision. CUSA, as it existed before vs. SBC is a different discussion, one that is now moot.

I’ve been right about DD since day one. Some here accept mediocrity. I do not. Some accepters of mediocrity are beginning to see the error of their ways.

As to the SBC vs CUSA as it is going to be after the (really dumb, IMHO) AAC raid, easy decision. CUSA, as it existed before vs. SBC is a different discussion, one that is now moot.

Show us the link where you predicted he would lead us to our first NCAA appearance in three decades and our first NCAA tourney win ever.

You don't accept mediocrity? Yet you snifffed Doc's jock for 10 years!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT