ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrod West

Herd020

Silver Buffalo
Aug 18, 2006
Chuck wrote an article a while back about recruit Jarrod West, and his father - Jarrod West. West, of course, played for WVU, and coaches Notre Dame High School. ANy chance he comes with his son on MD's staff?

The kid is only 5'11" and will be eaten alive by taller and quicker guards.
You, as a fan of WVU, shouldn't talk negatively about an incoming Herd player. Jarrod is the same height as his father, who had a pretty good career himself at WVU. The son Jarrod seems to be a much better player than his father, but yet, you decide to prejudge him on a board the kid likely reads?

The kid is only 5'11" and will be eaten alive by taller and quicker guards.

Avery Johnson, 5’10″
Nate Robinson, 5’8″
Earl Boykins, 5’5″
Spud Webb, 5’6″
Isaiah Thomas, 5’11”
Muggsy Bogues, 5’3”
Michael Adams, 5’10”
Damon Stoudamire, 5’10”
Terrell Brandon, 5’11”
Calvin Murphy, 5’11”

His dad is famous for ONE SHOT. A prayer trey to knock off Huggy and Cincy in 98 to go to the Sweet Sixteen in what should have been Coach Leather Jacket's swan song. I am NOT knocking the kid. He is just too small and too slow. He is from a small high school and it is RARE for those type of players to make a Division 1 roster.

Every player we have would be called small and slow. He can play a role in this system.

Reactions: Elkview
Jarrod West being slow is news to me. He doesn't have blinding straight line speed, but he is very quick and is a great on ball defender. IMO, he's closer to 5'10 than he is 5'11. But he has very long arms for a player his height. In basketball, your playing length (arm length included) is more important than your listed height. You're much better at keeping the ball away from defenders while dribbling, shooting, shielding on layups, playing passing lanes, affecting shots, etc.

To the OP, @Herd020 , West's dad coaches ND Catholic and Jarrod has a little brother coming up into the HS ranks. His dad will be staying there to coach him up.

Since when is pointing out facts being negative? He is 5-11 and unless he can shoot as well as Loop and Browning, he will not be much use to D'Antoni.
JD Collins that played for WVU about 10 years ago was about the same size, build, and speed(I think West is a better shooter). The last time I looked he was the starting point guard on a Great Eight team.

West is the Class A captain. Has his goals written down and a plan to accomplish what he wants to do.

WVU has 5'11" and a 6'0" guards on their roster. does that mean CUSA is "bigger" and "quicker" than the Big12?

Reactions: cottrell75
dangerous dan, obviously you haven't seen west play if youre questioning his speed/quickness or shooting ability. kid is a winner and competitor and played very well and sometimes dominated vs high level competition on the aau circuit. get your facts together before you start making things up

dangerous dan, obviously you haven't seen west play if youre questioning his speed/quickness or shooting ability. kid is a winner and competitor and played very well and sometimes dominated vs high level competition on the aau circuit. get your facts together before you start making things up

good post 23, the thing about dan is well....he's and idiot. or better said eerdiot. I look for West to have a very good career at MU

I suppose the thing about eerbillys that always amuses me is they will pound their chest they are the best ever, yet if a player from their own state doesn't go there they would rather see a West Virginia kid fail at Marshall than succeed all the while claiming they aren't good enough to play D1. Likewise rather than ever hire their own from the state , they always take the out of state route to leadership. Especially Buckeyes that in reality loathe them secretly.

I hope this West kid is a great success anywhere he goes , but honestly it's a great shame a young man from Clarksburg won't be able to play an in state rival game due to a drunk and a buckeye leader that will do anything to keep Marshall below.

In time that thinking always leads to self destruction.

Yeah I'll say it, I hate the idiot drunken eerbillys on so many levels it's horrible,but the worst is the embarrassment they cause me when I have to tell people from all over Marshall is in West Virginia...maybe going forward I'll just go old school and say Virgina because when we started it was Virginia still!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT