ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Factoid: The NCAA Women's Bracket Started in 2022

It’s estimated her NIL is worth $3.1 million. She sticks around for a swan song, I’m sure it would go up.
That said, Ice Cube offered her $5 million. If you’re gonna leave, take that offer. That league doesn’t work out, then WNBA or Harlem Globetrotter that shit
She would go get so completely and thoroughly clowned in Big 3 that she would have 0 marketing power afterward.

Is there anyway the WNBA makes money or is it subsidized?
HerdandHokies is on the case.

I found quite a few articles talking about the WNBA’s revenue skyrocketing in 2023 to $180-200M, up from $60-80M a few years ago, which sounds great.

Except buried within a link to a link was the detail that $75M of that difference is a one time investment. So, yes, growing, but not doubling.

Anyway yes, the NBA writes a $15M check to the WNBA every year, which is what keeps them afloat.

HerdandHokies is on the case.

I found quite a few articles talking about the WNBA’s revenue skyrocketing in 2023 to $180-200M, up from $60-80M a few years ago, which sounds great.

Except buried within a link to a link was the detail that $75M of that difference is a one time investment. So, yes, growing, but not doubling.

Anyway yes, the NBA writes a $15M check to the WNBA every year, which is what keeps them afloat.
How dare you not provide a link

Speaking of the WNBA, does anyone regularly watch the NBA. If so, why and if not, why not?

Speaking of the WNBA, does anyone regularly watch the NBA. If so, why and if not, why not?
No because I don’t care about it.

I’m a shit eating wild man when it comes to football, college or pro. I’ll watch any two teams play. 2-8 Kent State vs 4-6 Buffalo? Inject it into my veins.

I love the Reds and will watch them play baseball any time. Other than that I’m not watching baseball. 9/10 times I can’t be arsed to turn on the World Series.

I like VT and Marshall basketball and will watch them play any time. Other than that I’ll watch March Madness but not go out of my way to do it. Honestly with a gun to my head I couldn’t name two final four teams from this year.

I have no NBA team. I never did. I watched Jordan back in the day but just lost interest when he retired and never regained it. When I moved out here I thought maybe I would start watching the Lakers or Clippers or something but no, it just doesn’t interest me.

I think if I took the time to watch some critical mass of NBA games I would probably get interested in it but I don’t really need another time sink. It isn’t a specific difference between NBA and college that I like better or worse; it’s just that I have teams I care about in college and not NBA.

@HerdandHokies

Growing up during the Big Red Machine era I was spoiled. Baseball first, then basketball, then football.

Reds in MLB.
MU and UK in NCAAM and football (ouch! for many years) + EKU in football (Wally Chambers).
Ashland Tomcat sports.
Lakers during Jerry West era, Celtics from Dave Cowens on, KY Colonels ABA - Gilmore, Issel, Dampier.
Always enjoyed tennis too. This has been a constant.
Boxing and then MME.

Sports fan but not a fanatic.

Got busy with work and kids but still went to about every MU home football and basketball game, split some Reds and UK season tickets for several years but never really used them and usually couldn't even give them away to anyone.

Lost interest in MLB and NBA (mainly because the NBA made it all about MJ after Magic-Bird - MJ could push off and play "pinball" defense...) and the infamous Lakers and Kings 2002 game 6 (travesty...). Enjoyed Nascar for several years going to a few races a year.

Watched more Reds' games last year than probably 1990. Young and fun team to watch. Plus a business partner of mine's best friend is Matt McLain's dad. Shame he's out now.

Will watch quite a bit postseason in any of these sports - NCAA and professional. Enjoyed watching Jokic in last year's playoffs.

UK fans have turned me off UK sports. Been a tough time to be a MU fan the last few years. Always been one of the faithful and will likely always be...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT