ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Keats

Creepers, I stand corrected about Altman's full four years at K-State. But he was fired. However, I also will acknowledge that, if he would have had that last three-year record here, it would have warranted a hefty raise -- if not, Sainthood.

Olde Herd, have you ever been to Nebraska? I spent a summer out there working for Nalco when I was in college. Nice people -- a lot like West Virginians -- but outside of Omaha and Lincoln, It ain't nothing but sagebrush, windmills, Rocky Moutain Oysters (turkey nuts) and jackalopes. Scotts Bluff doesn't have any fluoride in the city water and all those cowboys' teeth have rotted out. There are worst places in America than Appalachia!

Agree, about Greg White. Irregardless of his Charleston preferences that hurt Marshall civic affairs in its own community, he couldn't even teach his kids to get the ball up the floor.

Oh BS.

I've me Rick Pitino. Does that mean I know him?

Raoul...I played in a golf fund raiser recently (Wilmington)...and I was in his group. Why? A season ticketholder to Wilmington is a good friend to me and a big giver [$$] to the Seahawks. This is the ONLY reason I was in Keatts group. I shared my love for Marshall & that I am a graduate. Kevin enjoyed his years in Huntington serving with Greg White....and he is proud to have a Marshall Shingle. No, he is not a friend, but you do get to know someone playing for over 5 hours in a golf tournament.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
Creepers, I stand corrected about Altman's full four years at K-State. But he was fired. However, I also will acknowledge that, if he would have had that last three-year record here, it would have warranted a hefty raise -- if not, Sainthood.

Olde Herd, have you ever been to Nebraska? I spent a summer out there working for Nalco when I was in college. Nice people -- a lot like West Virginians -- but outside of Omaha and Lincoln, It ain't nothing but sagebrush, windmills, Rocky Moutain Oysters (turkey nuts) and jackalopes. Scotts Bluff doesn't have any fluoride in the city water and all those cowboys' teeth have rotted out. There are worst places in America than Appalachia!

Agree, about Greg White. Irregardless of his Charleston preferences that hurt Marshall civic affairs in its own community, he couldn't even teach his kids to get the ball up the floor.

Hey, TH, you may, perhaps unintentionally, have proved my point: I'm sure ole Dana and his wife didn't get many views of sagebrush, windmills, jackalopes and the like during their brief stay in Huntington!!:rolleyes:

Also, no never been to Nebraska. But I have to ask you, when did you work for Nalco? In the 60s perhaps? I ask because I believe that outfit use to hire college guys back in that era to work along rail lines spraying to kill weeds with some herbacides (sp.?). My next door neighbor was a Herd football player back in that era and he, and perhaps some other players or MU students got summer jobs with Nalco doing such work. Just surmising that you might have been one of the same bunch of MU students around that time, around mid 60s or a little earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT