ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Keatts takes NC State to Final 4

The natives in Raleigh were getting restless with NC States performance this year. Going into the ACC tournament, many believed he was underperforming.
Even beyond that, according to my lifelong friend and diehard Pack fan:

Two and a half weeks ago Kevin Keatts was to be fired. It was a formality. They would lose in the ACC tournament and he would be unceremoniously fired. They had lost ten of their last 14 and only been to the NCAA twice in seven years. Then they started winning. He had some incentives baked into his contract with and automatic two year extension after his seventh season and with the success in the tournament, the incentives effectively doubled his salary. So he's gone from the outhouse to the penthouse the last couple of weeks. It's a crazy run and I don't think it's over. Bring on Lurch and Perdue!!!

Last edited:
Even beyond that, according to my lifelong friend and diehard Pack fan:
Two and a half weeks ago Kevin Keatts was to be fired. It was a formality. They would lose in the ACC tournament and he would be unceremoniously fired. They had lost ten of their last 14 and only been to the NCAA twice in seven years. Then they started winning. He had some incentives baked into his contract with and automatic two year extension after his seventh season and with the success in the tournament, the incentives effectively doubled his salary. So he's gone from the outhouse to the penthouse the last couple of weeks. It's a crazy run and I don't think it's over. Bring on Lurch and Perdue!!!
I’d love to see them win it all. This run is a future 30 for 30 for sure!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT