ADVERTISEMENT

Lang

joeyb184

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2010
Think he will still be on the teamafter this? I know it looks bad at first glance. Hate that he was parked and asleep and charged with a dui.... the gun is the worst part of it probably but last time i checked wv is an open carry state and next month concealed carry is even legal. They are charging him with having possession of a controlled substance that he has a valid prescription for? Idk if he has a chance to stay on the team bc like it or not the dui will probably stick but hopefully a good lawyer can get the others thrown out. Hopefully he can also plead down to a lesser charge of something like open container or something but i doubt it.

Marshall football player arrested early Saturday
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Marshall-football-player-arrested--377697301.html

Think he will still be on the teamafter this? I know it looks bad at first glance. Hate that he was parked and asleep and charged with a dui.... the gun is the worst part of it probably but last time i checked wv is an open carry state and next month concealed carry is even legal. They are charging him with having possession of a controlled substance that he has a valid prescription for? Idk if he has a chance to stay on the team bc like it or not the dui will probably stick but hopefully a good lawyer can get the others thrown out. Hopefully he can also plead down to a lesser charge of something like open container or something but i doubt it.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Marshall-football-player-arrested--377697301.html
Coach Duhon didn't lose his job for a dui...this young man is still in college.

Coach Duhon didn't lose his job for a dui...this young man is still in college.

Reactions: joeyb184
I am sure the WKU board is blowing up on this one. They have Baker and we have Lang.

And they have Leon Allen who has been arrested three times while there. And I think they had a 2015 TE just arrested as well so they get the prize in this category

Legal or not, pretty sure carrying a hand gun is a violation of team rules.

I doubt that very much.

Sadly, in WV, the police are allowed to infer that a person was "driving" if they find a person asleep in a car. This is different from most states. That is, of course, stupid and wrong, and should be changed. Sometimes sleeping it off in a car is the most responsible thing a person can do. Call your legislator.

Lang passed the breath test.

The cops have a dog that can smell Xanax now. Wow. Some people will believe anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadro_Tracker

So, lets sum up.

A sober person was legally asleep in a car he apparently owned.

Sounds like a clear case of DWB.

I'll speculate Doc handles this quietly but Lang will be in the doghouse though. I think he stays on the team and will be required to get some counseling. Doc looks at an individual's heart and I think Lang's is a good one.

If he did indeed pass the breathalyzer, the no gun rule made by Doc is his biggest offense. Indeed that alone may cause his dissmissal. Tough call.

It's being reported the motor was running, if so the car is in operation. The concealed weapon is a big deal(or it should be for DH) and the DUI might be dropped.

curious how the "concealed weapon" was reported as under his leg but "partially concealed by the seat"...

is that creative police reporting to get the "concealed" part? if the gun was in the open (and he was legally allowed to own a firearm) then there is no issue.

Reactions: Herdon2
curious how the "concealed weapon" was reported as under his leg but "partially concealed by the seat"...

is that creative police reporting to get the "concealed" part? if the gun was in the open (and he was legally allowed to own a firearm) then there is no issue.
Yeah if the gun is visible in any way that isn't concealed right?? Has to be under the seat or in glove box or something.

It all just sounds bad to me. I hate that law. i mean i understand if he had the car running and planned on driving but he had the seat reclined and was asleep just sleeping it off it sounds like

Here's what is curious to me. He is on anti anxiety drugs, which probably is what put him to sleep. He wasn't drunk. He's got a gun, which is another form of anxiety protection. There's something in his life that needs to be dealt with, this incident might be what is needed to tease that issue out and get it some attention.

I hope for the best. One of the things I've come to appreciate about Holliday the most is he is a no nonsense disiplinarian, that expects his team to follow rules. I hope in this case he takes the time to figure out what the root of the problem is before he makes a decision on Langs future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT