ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals Are Massive Idiots

^^^^You're the idiot. There are other states that would happily assist the move.

Disney just moved a lot of their HQ people out of California to Florida. Happened during Covid.

Disney stepped in it. They should just ran their theme parks and stayed out of it.

What a shame they could let some liberals ruin the Mouse. Idiots and Morons.

Where does this moron supposed they go? Move it all to California? Maybe liberal NY and they can be open 2 months a year. Seattle and they can have a rain park?

Not saying Disney deserved special treatment but shifting the infrastructure bill to the counties isn’t going to be cheap to the tax payers.

Not saying Disney deserved special treatment but shifting the infrastructure bill to the counties isn’t going to be cheap to the tax payers.
Heard a state senator in Florida say that is absolutely not true.. I haven;'t seen the numbers but he disagreed with it. I also heard that Disney at the State of Florida are trying to negotiate a settlement of some sort. Disney would owe around $200 million dollars in taxes and that could be given to the counties(2 of them) to reduce the tax burden on citizens. They could also levey new taxes and fees on Disney as Disney would fall in the counties. Gate tax. Ride fees, etc. So, the taxpayers could see little or no change in the long run.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I am not a resident of Florida. So not my fight other than I am disapointed in Disney. I said what they can possibly do. Disney has been given a tax haven since 1967 and ran their autonomous govt. So, they likely will have to pay like everybody else if this takes place. Disney has been given a lot of freedom by Florida. I have spend countless thousands with them. They are going down a road that is very troubling.

I am not a resident of Florida. So not my fight other than I am disapointed in Disney. I said what they can possibly do. Disney has been given a tax haven since 1967 and ran their automous govt. So, they likely will have to pay like everybody else if this takes place. Disney has been given a lot of freedom by Florida. I have spend countless thousands with them. They are going down a road that is very troubling.
The lying idiot trumptard oath breaker is OK with raising taxes IF it suits him.

Heard a state senator in Florida say that is absolutely not true.. I haven;'t seen the numbers but he disagreed with it. I also heard that Disney at the State of Florida are trying to negotiate a settlement of some sort. Disney would owe around $200 million dollars in taxes and that could be given to the counties(2 of them) to reduce the tax burden on citizens. They could also levey new taxes and fees on Disney as Disney would fall in the counties. Gate tax. Ride fees, etc. So, the taxpayers could see little or no change in the long run.
Which. Rams that cost will be passed on to Disney customers

Which. Rams that cost will be passed on to Disney customers
Well yeahhh, that is how it works. Look they have had special status since 1967. I am a big disney customer. They should have stayed out of politics. They stepped in it. They picked a fight with the wrong hombre.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I cannot fathom that these people think Disney can MOVE THE PARK.

And y'all say Trumpers are dumb.

Move it to Hawaii. Hey your $5,000 trip to Disney turned int a $20,000 trip to Disney, not including airline tickets. Yehh load those kids up for 8 hours of flight time or probably more for most of you and head to Hawaii Disney World. All thos east coasters who make weekend trips to Disney World in Florida would love that one!

Left wing liberals are reallllllllllly stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppiddddddd!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: SamSwimmer
Move it to Hawaii. Hey your $5,000 trip to Disney turned int a $20,000 trip to Disney, not including airline tickets. Yehh load those kids up for 8 hours of flight time or probably more for most of you and head to Hawaii Disney World. All thos east coasters who make weekend trips to Disney World in Florida would love that one!

Left wing liberals are reallllllllllly stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppiddddddd!!!!!
That flight was my very first thought. Good luck with that.

Reactions: i am herdman
Disney is trying to settle with Florida. They screwed up. The remained silent as they should have but they let some loud employees push their CEO to make a statement against Florida and they started, along with others, proting false statements about the bill. He should have stayed silent but he let the employees dictate his statmements.

He and Disney stepped in pile of crap. Many conservative are tired of taking liberals crap and are fighting back. Repubs who don't fight back will lose.

Disney needs conservative or middle of the road people there spending money more than they need left wing lunatics. Period. That is where their money comes from not these far left lunatics.

The left (especially Bernie disciples): "Corporations should be paying their share! Tax big business out the wazoo!!!"

Also the left: "How dare they strip Disney of its tax exempt status!" [rending garments and throwing dust on heads]

Last edited:
Did you read the article? Let me ask you this. Would you take a deal where you promise to pay me $110,000 and in return I give you an income stream of $28,000 a year that you can asked to be increased 2-3% per year and that income stream lasts forever?

yes, the counties may have to take on $1.1 billion in bond debt, but they get $280 million a year in tax money from Disney to make payments on it.

999_jpg-2358383.JPG

Did you read the article? Let me ask you this. Would you take a deal where you promise to pay me $110,000 and in return I give you an income stream of $28,000 a year that you can asked to be increased 2-3% per year and that income stream lasts forever?

yes, the counties may have to take on $1.1 billion in bond debt, but they get $280 million a year in tax money from Disney to make payments on it.
I sure did.

You are asking the wrong question, as you are asking about a deal for government. The question should be asked of individual taxpayers...if their taxes will increase, if their services will be burdened. Some say yes, some say no. We'll see. I've seen in the past what some governments do when they receive a "windfall"....

This is incredibly incorrect...Disney pays taxes to its own independent district (which by all accounts does an exemplary job at everything), the counties, and the state. $780 million last year, to be exact. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/what-is-special-tax-designation-disney-might-lose-2022-04-22/

I'm not a fan of Disney World, it just isn't my thing (I am more into top level coaster parks, give me Kings Island or Cedar Point). I will say that being a dork that thinks about safety, if visiting there it would be nice to know they have their own top-notch fire district....which they do. If you are going to have a medical emergency at a theme park, Disney World is probably the one to choose lol.

This is incredibly incorrect...Disney pays taxes to its own independent district (which by all accounts does an exemplary job at everything), the counties, and the state. $780 million last year, to be exact. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/what-is-special-tax-designation-disney-might-lose-2022-04-22/

I'm not a fan of Disney World, it just isn't my thing (I am more into top level coaster parks, give me Kings Island or Cedar Point). I will say that being a dork that thinks about safety, if visiting there it would be nice to know they have their own top-notch fire district....which they do. If you are going to have a medical emergency at a theme park, Disney World is probably the one to choose lol.

Dude, it's a humorous meme illustrating the hypocrisy of some of the arguments against DeSantis. Kind of like those same "free speech" arguments against Elon Musk and Twitter...

And while we're at it, by using the word exemplary are you saying a private entity can do the job of a government? And in an efficient and cost-effective manner???

I actually had to do a similar analysis several years ago. Before our political "leadership" of both parties gutted the domestic steel industry, I had a local government consider annexing a steel plant for its property and payroll tax bases. I had to educate them on the costs related to doing just that - providing fire protection with required specialized training and equipment, increased staffing, increased liability, increased insurance costs, etc. Plus if they did annex the plant there was likely no reset button if the costs did outweigh the tax revenue.

There was also a legal issue that a majority of the residents of a district had to vote to be annexed. Since there were no residents, it was unknown how that would play out.

In effect, we had a government entity making a business decision...😉

And while we're at it, by using the word exemplary are you saying a private entity can do the job of a government? And in an efficient and cost-effective manner???
If their goal is to make something as perfect as it can be and not to "make money", as in maximize profit, sure. Of course making things "perfect" allows Disney to then make money, no one wants to spend $10k on a vacation to a shithole or a place with poor public safety.

I think it is also important to remember Reedy Creek really is a quasi-government.

I had to educate them on the costs related to doing just that - providing fire protection with required specialized training and equipment
That just depends on where a plant is located. Obviously a large city fire department would not have a problem providing first-class professional fire protection. A small city or a VFD very well could. It used to be fairly common for large plants to have their own fire protection.

That just depends on where a plant is located. Obviously a large city fire department would not have a problem providing first-class professional fire protection. A small city or a VFD very well could. It used to be fairly common for large plants to have their own fire protection.

Now just how many cities in Southern Ohio, Northeastern Kentucky or Southern West Virginia fit that description or have the budget and resources to do just that?

The facts were relevant as I presented them. It was the correct decision at the time and more so now that the plant is no longer operational.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT