ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty offered CUSA $24 Million to join & CUSA said NO.

Don't you have atheists who think they're smart enough to rag on religious freedoms since they have no conscience of their own?

Smh

About 32% of the world is Christian, 23% is Muslim, 14% is Hindu, 7% is Buddhist, 3% is atheist, although considering China is mostly atheist, 3% sounds a little low. No matter what you believe, at least 2/3 of the world think you're wrong.

Muslims are regularly killing atheists in Bangladesh, so any thinking atheist should support religious freedom, within reason. By within reason, I mean if a group reverted to ancient Judaism and embraced child sacrifice, I wouldn't support that.

It could be argued that everyone is an atheist. Christians don't believe in Allah, Shiva, Zeus, Buddha, Odin, or Ahura Mazda, but those are, or were gods to more people than there are Christians today.

A atheist disbelieves in all gods. A Muslim disbelieves in just one less god than the atheist.

About 32% of the world is Christian, 23% is Muslim, 14% is Hindu, 7% is Buddhist, 3% is atheist, although considering China is mostly atheist, 3% sounds a little low. No matter what you believe, at least 2/3 of the world think you're wrong.

Muslims are regularly killing atheists in Bangladesh, so any thinking atheist should support religious freedom, within reason. By within reason, I mean if a group reverted to ancient Judaism and embraced child sacrifice, I wouldn't support that.

It could be argued that everyone is an atheist. Christians don't believe in Allah, Shiva, Zeus, Buddha, Odin, or Ahura Mazda, but those are, or were gods to more people than there are Christians today.

A atheist disbelieves in all gods. A Muslim disbelieves in just one less god than the atheist.

This is the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever read. Put down the rogue philosophy books, just because someone wrote something doesn't mean you should trust it.

Notre Dame's situation cannot be compared to any other program, IMO. They are truly a "national" program, going back to the Rockne Era, if not farther. Look how they schedule, playing a couple or few games every year in major urban markets, NY, Boston, LA, etc. They have a rabid following among a large number of people who have never set foot on their campus. Plus, South Bend is not much more than a stone's throw from Chicago, the nation's second or third largest city.

I hate Liberty not because of the fundamental Christian nature, but because of their hypocrisy. After years of only supporting evangelical candidates who they said dovetailed with Falwell's & the school's philosophy, last year they cast their lot with the one candidate out of 17 who had no history whatsoever of Christian belief (and who famously quoted from "One Corinthians" at his first Liberty campaign appearance, eliciting laughter from the students), on his 3rd wife after bragging about cheating on the first 2, publicly calls people names like a 3rd grader, and shows poor moral character for decades. Their support of evangelical candidates is natural; their support of Trump is a joke. And that's why many LU grads mailed their diplomas back.

But as for CUSA; this conference is absolutely cash starved and when the large market/more teams strategy backfired in the recent TV deals, hard to imagine turning down a deal that could bring $1.5M+ to each member. But you can't have 15 members, some of the fat needs to be cut, and SOON. Cut at least one school if not 3, and take Liberty and their money (Can we get them up to $30M...)[Y/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I am sure you are torn up greatly every time Wm. Jefferson Clinton during one of his many high 6 figure appearances at some ultra left wing propaganda factory posing as a higher ed institution like Georgetown, etc., delivering speeches including his profession of love and undying devotion to his spouse, saintly ole Hil.

For you to use a name like soaring "eagle" you sure sound like you are trying to make sense of someone who chooses not to follow Jesus Christ....

That makes no sense.

Maybe it would if you understood how the Bible reference an eagle.... the simple fact someone is trying make any sense of a belief other then Christ to me is "nonsense"... but I'm stopping my religious comments right here.. thank you

Notre Dame's situation cannot be compared to any other program, IMO. They are truly a "national" program, going back to the Rockne Era, if not farther. Look how they schedule, playing a couple or few games every year in major urban markets, NY, Boston, LA, etc. They have a rabid following among a large number of people who have never set foot on their campus. Plus, South Bend is not much more than a stone's throw from Chicago, the nation's second or third largest city.

I would put the service academies in that category to a lesser extent as well as BYU. Army/Navy/Air Force have veterans and active members who served who never attended the academies...scattered all over the country. Not saying they all go and tailgate for games but will be apt to tuning in when they see them on TV.
Its actually something I wondered about with CUSA in getting Army to join for that reason. Sports are...blegh, but the influence is pretty vast.

BYU of course is probably the best the Big 12 never had.

I would put the service academies in that category to a lesser extent as well as BYU. Army/Navy/Air Force have veterans and active members who served who never attended the academies...scattered all over the country. Not saying they all go and tailgate for games but will be apt to tuning in when they see them on TV.
Its actually something I wondered about with CUSA in getting Army to join for that reason. Sports are...blegh, but the influence is pretty vast.

Doubt very seriously if Army has any interest whatsoever in CUSA at all. First, they have, I believe, a better TV deal with CBSsports than CUSA's invisible "deals".

Second, they have a national name and following even though their football teams have generally been mediocre almost since the days of the "lonesome end". Have no need to "share" any athletic revenues with conference teams.

As a result, they can schedule nationally: this season they play at Ohio State on Saturday and then host another power team, Duke, later in the season. Play the other 2 service academies, 2 American Conference teams, 2 MAC schools, and 3 Texas teams from CUSA. I'm sure Hamrick has approached them for a game or games, but little ole WV doesn't have the recruiting "oomph" that Texas does.

Oh, and so far this year they've beaten Buffalo, a Kent caliber MAC school, and FCS Fordham. But they garnered some votes in one of this week's polls; NO CUSA team got a vote in either poll this week. Should tell everyone what a lowly conference the Herd toils in, football wise.

Free advice:

1 - The internet is your friend. 40 seconds on the internet yields a list of over 100 non-religious majors at LU.

2 - Take your religious bigotry elsewhere. You do know that BYU teaches that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that UND teaches that some Argentine guy is a successor to St. Peter, right? In the real world, people are going to have opinions different from your own. Grow up.

1) - The point of my post is that LU bakes religion into all of its majors. So, even most non-religious majors BECOME religious.

2) I don't see how this is religious bigotry. I'm sorry that you love LU, and their approach to Christianity. But as a Christian, I believe that their views do more harm than good, and are rather hypocritical. Yes people will disagree with me, but teaching that certain people are prophets is very different than denying the geological facts such as the age of the earth.

And, someone said I had an axe to grind. I don't, Liberty has really done a lot for the Lynchburg area. Their scholarship programs are rather generous, and made college affordable for a lot of local students who wouldn't have had access to a bachelor's degree otherwise. If you are staying local, LU is a great resource. My cousin got his journalism degree there, and was rather successful in the local market.

Doubt very seriously if Army has any interest whatsoever in CUSA at all. First, they have, I believe, a better TV deal with CBSsports than CUSA's invisible "deals".

Second, they have a national name and following even though their football teams have generally been mediocre almost since the days of the "lonesome end". Have no need to "share" any athletic revenues with conference teams.

As a result, they can schedule nationally: this season they play at Ohio State on Saturday and then host another power team, Duke, later in the season. Play the other 2 service academies, 2 American Conference teams, 2 MAC schools, and 3 Texas teams from CUSA. I'm sure Hamrick has approached them for a game or games, but little ole WV doesn't have the recruiting "oomph" that Texas does.

Oh, and so far this year they've beaten Buffalo, a Kent caliber MAC school, and FCS Fordham. But they garnered some votes in one of this week's polls; NO CUSA team got a vote in either poll this week. Should tell everyone what a lowly conference the Herd toils in, football wise.

Explain why Navy and Air Force are in conferences then? Considering they could do exactly what you said...but chose to forego the TV Deals and join a conference.

Army has expressed over and over they have no interest in joining CUSA or for that matter any conference.

ADVERTISEMENT