ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at city people fish stories

Walden Pond

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 8, 2007
Can't help but laugh while I listen to these people go on about fishing. 12 inch bass? Those are dinky and pathetic. Crappie? Good eatin', but no fun at all to catch.

The greatest fishing of all is a lunker bass. The only place I've ever really caught very many is Stonewall Jackson Lake. I've got Stonewall Jackson stories and pictures that would stonewall these dink stories I'm hearing now.

"Well, it's all about the good time in the sun." Hell, the sun's out now. I can walk out and take a whiff of sewage and enjoy the sun for free.

Stonewall Jackson Lake. These people go to all these crowded lakes that blow. I see fishing as a waste of time and money at this point anyway, mainly because if you go and don't catch one it's disappointment. Chance of success is low. But these fishing stories suck big. They need to stick to going to plays and eating fish eggs.

The bigger bragging is about the crappie. They caught some nice size crappie. That's nice. I've caught big crappie before. You barely know they're on there and you just lift them in like you're picking up a paper clip.

They're real good to eat, but only if you've got someone to fillet them and cook them right. Nowhere near worth the effort. Long John's is the better deal for eating fish.

The only thrill in fishing is hooking a big bass. It jumps out of the water and tries to throw the hook. It attacks your bait, fights near the surface. There's nothing else like it. Problem is, unless you're down south somewhere you can pretty much forget about it happening very often.

I hooked a big ass carp at Beech Fork one time. The only program was I thought I had a big ass bass and was all excited and dad was like you got one. We saw these guys near us catching some nice bass for Beech fork. Reeled the thing in and it was a big ass carp. I would have felt better if it would have broken the line before I got it to the surface. Then, I could have talked about the big one that snapped my line. The old man was like, "crap a carp".

We used to see foreigners standing where all the carp were going crazy to eat that dog food the kids throw in for them. The foreigners were licking their lips. I'm surprised they didn't just reach down there and wrestle one out of the water for supper.

We used to see foreigners standing where all the carp were going crazy to eat that dog food the kids throw in for them. The foreigners were licking their lips. I'm surprised they didn't just reach down there and wrestle one out of the water for supper.

You know you can spit a hocker in the water and those carp will go crazy.

Biggest fish I ever caught was there. 8 pounder. Put a piece of cheese popcorn on the hook and just dropped it into the chaos. One time I did that and it broke the rod in half, but this time I got the fish in.

The old man has a pontoon out there and has for 24 years now. We used to go out there 3-4 times a week. Knew some of the marina workers pretty well. When the people cleared out, they would let us fish there a little bit. We weren't really interested in carp, but I just wanted to reel a big one in once.

Oh, the memories. See, that kind of stuff is priceless. There's nothing I can think of to buy now that would be as exciting as that was. What made it exciting was being allowed to do something that you usually weren't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT