ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana...

Marshall2004

Green Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2007
We have complained and speculated and argued for a few days now over the recent performance of the team. I have been in the thick of all of that. But now we need to look forward to Louisiana. We sit at 3-2 with opportunity in our division still in front of us. We have a nationally televised SBC home opener. We need to get everyone possible to the game. My church is shifting its usual Wednesday dinner to a tailgate and cancelling the usual activities for one night. Despite anything we may think, Coach Legg has been an OL coach at a high level for a long time. I think we get right in these 10 days, come out and roll Louisiana, and head to JMU with a head of steam. This team has tons of talent and is a good group. You just have to believe they will get it fixed at this point. A huge crowd, all wearing black on national TV will do nothing but help. Let's Go Herd!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

We have complained and speculated and argued for a few days now over the recent performance of the team. I have been in the thick of all of that. But now we need to look forward to Louisiana. We sit at 3-2 with opportunity in our division still in front of us. We have a nationally televised SBC home opener. We need to get everyone possible to the game. My church is shifting its usual Wednesday dinner to a tailgate and cancelling the usual activities for one night. Despite anything we may think, Coach Legg has been an OL coach at a high level for a long time. I think we get right in these 10 days, come out and roll Louisiana, and head to JMU with a head of steam. This team has tons of talent and is a good group. You just have to believe they will get it fixed at this point. A huge crowd, all wearing black on national TV will do nothing but help. Let's Go Herd!
I have been a season ticket [2] holder for football for two years.....and I have not attended ONE game. You might ask..."what the hell are you waiting on?" ** Note: I donate the 2 tics to the Boys-Girls Club of Cabel County. I purchased them last season (and this year) to help Coach Huff build ticket sales as part of his compen$ation! We are planning to come to Huntington for Homecoming [Beat the Chants from Conway, SC] and help tear down the goalposts...Circa: Dec. 3, 1999 vs WMU Broncos. I'm getting HYPED after seeing a tweet from D Chapman showing the solid black helmet with a small M on the front, the players will be showcasing against the Ragin Cajuns. I just might hitch up the black Santa Fe and drive to Huntington from North Carolina, wearing all black [permitting me to pull a "sneak attack"] to witness Herd History! We Are..........................................The HERD.

Last edited:
Ss2269 - Awesome post! I was in attendance that fateful night (12/93/99). We are……getting our asses kicked 20-0 at the half. Everyone is bummed. That last series - late, l a t e in the forth, 4th & 10 at around our 35(?) and Chad cooley hits ?? for 11 yards and another…1st down! The very next play, the scramble into WMU territory, followed by the late hit out-of-bounds, adding 15 yards at the end of the run, and we are in business in the red zone. Ultimately, the pass to Pinkerton, and the Joan rocked maybe like never before or since!
Black helmets - can’t wait!

Reactions: Sunshine2269
Side bar to the game, kind of... Does anyone know what time we'll be allowed on the parking lots that day, next Wednesday??? thanks for any information on this.

Ss2269 - Awesome post! I was in attendance that fateful night (12/93/99). We are……getting our asses kicked 20-0 at the half. Everyone is bummed. That last series - late, l a t e in the forth, 4th & 10 at around our 35(?) and Chad cooley hits ?? for 11 yards and another…1st down! The very next play, the scramble into WMU territory, followed by the late hit out-of-bounds, adding 15 yards at the end of the run, and we are in business in the red zone. Ultimately, the pass to Pinkerton, and the Joan rocked maybe like never before or since!
I sat behind the bench that year. Chad chewed some real butt right after halftime. O line, receivers, backs, everybody got an ear full.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

Wish other churches would do what yours is doing.
It's not every week this happens, would also be a nice change of scenery for the congregation.

I sat behind the bench that year. Chad chewed some real butt right after halftime. O line, receivers, backs, everybody got an ear full.

100% fake.
It wouldn't surprise me if it's real. I said weeks ago they'd come into Huntington with a swagger after that bowl. After the dirty hit we came with about the weakest response possible. A screen or whatever to Gammage for a 1 yard loss, a 3 yard run by Ali, another run by Ali for a loss, and then a punt. Then they go down and score and walk away with the game.

You take how that played our and add in how we've looked the last three games and I bet you ULL thinks this is their "get right" game.

How is that hard to believe? You don't think they saw us struggle to move the ball against G-W? Shoot we were sitting here taking ahots at Coastal for it.

Do you not remember how WKU walked into our house in 2014? Do you not remember the comments from the Akron players in 2016?

Like or not no one fears Marshall anymore. We fans like to live in the past of how the Pruett and Donnan teams played. In recent memory we're just front runners who do not respond well to being punched in the mouth.

In 2020 we're riding high one minute and then Rice happens and we're fighting in the parking lot.

Last season we're feeling ourselves after Navy and NCC to choke ECU and go on a three games skid that nearly turned into 4 games. Then we crapped ourselves again to finish the season.

Now this year we're feeling ourselves again after Notre Dame and our HC is taking a week long victory lap only to get punched in the mouth by a terrible BG team and once again the intensity left when the adversity hit and now we've went from Access Bowl bound to hoping we can make a bowl game.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
The bookies hit the jackpot on this one if anyone laid $$$$ on The Herd! How did Marshall football get so bad in just 32 days.....
Two score favorite, their starting quarterback was out, and they only managed to score three points in the first half. This game was Bowling Green Jr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT