ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Frampton

I think it’s obvious there are a few guys who won’t see the floor much and I’m not sure how high their ceiling is. Why is it up to the player’s willingness to ride pine? Were there no lessons learned from Sustic?
as Danny has many times. He will not run off anyone. He will explain to them where they stand and they will decide what they want to do. His exact words to me, "I will not punish a kid by taking his scholarship for a recruiting mistake that we made"

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
as Danny has many times. He will not run off anyone. He will explain to them where they stand and they will decide what they want to do. His exact words to me, "I will not punish a kid by taking his scholarship for a recruiting mistake that we made"
So he didn’t learn anything from the Sustic situation? A guy who should have been ran out so he could find a scholarship at a lesser level and we could have gotten a contributor. It’s a two-way street. They got that scholarship on the belief they could contribute. If they can’t, the people funding that scholarship needs to be rewarded with players who will contribute at this level.

I love DD as our HC, but disagree with him on this.

So he didn’t learn anything from the Sustic situation? A guy who should have been ran out so he could find a scholarship at a lesser level and we could have gotten a contributor. It’s a two-way street. They got that scholarship on the belief they could contribute. If they can’t, the people funding that scholarship needs to be rewarded with players who will contribute at this level.

I love DD as our HC, but disagree with him on this.
many agree with you. That is just what he believes.

Reactions: 5150
Those of us that started watching the past seasons team practice since last June hoped for a good 19/20 season but expected a GREAT 20/21. I have seen nothing to dim those expectations
Darius George started coming on late. I think Goran & Marko will see pretty substantial improvement from year 1 to 2. I think the two freshmen will be really nice contributors from Day 1.

I really like how things are set up for 20-21.

Darius George started coming on late. I think Goran & Marko will see pretty substantial improvement from year 1 to 2. I think the two freshmen will be really nice contributors from Day 1.

I really like how things are set up for 20-21.
I wish this virus thing was behind us. I was really looking forward to June practice getting underway

Danny needs to develop a good relationship with some Mountain East coaches, like Poore at WV State, the HC at Glenville, UC, perhaps, to help some of our recruiting "misses" have a place to land, have available scholarships/aid, and thus be able to continue their education. Fact is, to be honest, some of our recruits have been borderline D1 talents and when they drop down to the D2 level, like the ME, they don't become immediate "superstars"! May be a reality check to some of their egos, but at least they have a place to go and continue to play basketball!

Danny needs to develop a good relationship with some Mountain East coaches, like Poore at WV State, the HC at Glenville, UC, perhaps, to help some of our recruiting "misses" have a place to land, have available scholarships/aid, and thus be able to continue their education. Fact is, to be honest, some of our recruits have been borderline D1 talents and when they drop down to the D2 level, like the ME, they don't become immediate "superstars"! May be a reality check to some of their egos, but at least they have a place to go and continue to play basketball!
Danny taught the Glenville coach our offense two years ago. He and Ott Elomre camoed out at the Cam, Also keep in mind that the GSC coach is from Mullens

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It would be nice to get one more recruit in the fold before next season. Rucker seems to be the most likely choice of a player to be cut loose. Good high school player but not tall enough or athletic enough for Div I game. But Danny hates to pull the trigger on these kids. Have to wait and see.

It would be nice to get one more recruit in the fold before next season. Rucker seems to be the most likely choice of a player to be cut loose. Good high school player but not tall enough or athletic enough for Div I game. But Danny hates to pull the trigger on these kids. Have to wait and see.
If Dajour leaves, it will be because he wants to leave. I have seen no indication of his displeasure here

i heard that as well
My biggest concern is replacing West. I really feel DD's offense needs a good point guard. I remember DD's team before Elmore took over at point guard. I am hoping some would open up and allow us to bring someone in to address that this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT