ADVERTISEMENT

Lyin Biden

July 22, 2021, at 1:45 a.m

By CALVIN WOODWARD and HOPE YEN, Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden offered an absolute guarantee Wednesday that people who get their COVID-19 vaccines are completely protected from infection, sickness and death from the coronavirus. The reality is not that cut and dried.

The vaccines are extremely effective but “breakthrough” infections do occur and the delta variant driving cases among the unvaccinated in the U.S. is not fully understood.
Also Biden inflated the impact of his policies on U.S. jobs created in his first half-year in office, misleadingly stating his administration had done more than any other president. He neglects to mention he had population growth on his side in his comparison.
A look at his remarks in a CNN town hall:

Biden has already forgiven 11.5 Billion. How much did your orange jesus forgive??

This is one that really irritates me. The amount of my monthly student loan repayment is so ingrained in my consciousness that I can never forget it. I paid $46.45 a month for many years. Why not, I borrowed the money.
Now you borrow money and get off free???
Hey sorry guys that got the GI Bill, served, laid in the mud, went to wars, gave up your bodies, etc. Little Johnny who ****ed off for 6 years and got a useless degree gets his stuff relieved and you served to get your deal. Hope digging with that etool was worth it.

Hey sorry guys that got the GI Bill, served, laid in the mud, went to wars, gave up your bodies, etc. Little Johnny who ****ed off for 6 years and got a useless degree gets his stuff relieved and you served to get your deal. Hope digging with that etool was worth it.
That’s how my college was paid for. Hell, Greed could have been college educated had he not dodged the draft.

You were born with nothing.

You'll both die with nothing.
I’ll have a hell of a time in between and won’t be a miserable, old, prick like you. Are you just jealous that you haven’t had a successful life?

You were born with nothing.

You'll both die with nothing.
Actually, I’ll die with a lot, just can’t take it with me. However, my wife will be secure if I go first and then my daughter won’t have to worry during her lifetime about unexpected expenses and doesn’t have things like student loan debt to worry about.

Reactions: ohio herd
I’ll have a hell of a time in between and won’t be a miserable, old, prick like you. Are you just jealous that you haven’t had a successful life?

Actually, I’ll die with a lot,
The both of you together have nothing. When either/both of you die, you would give everything you've ever had for 1 day of my last 44 years.

Why not, Trump did it six times.
This has nothing to do with Trump or politics. It has to do with responsibility.
I wanted to go to college. It was expensive and my parents helped me the first two years. After that, my dad took me to the bank and I borrowed enough to finish my education. I still remember how I wondered how I would ever pay it back. At that time, it was more money than I could even imagine.
I didn’t borrowed what would seem like a fortune. A little over four grand ( around $40,000 by today’s standards). I paid back every penny over thirty years.
Now I read that people like AOC, who drives a trendy Tesla, draws a congressional salary, and lives in a expensive apartment whines that the government should pay off her college debt. Why?

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Because no one wants to take responsibility for anything in today's society. They want free everything and want the government to provide it. Hell, there are people on this board that rely on Uncle Sugar and your tax dollars to subsidize everything they have.

Reactions: greengeezer
Another all nothing issue.

People who majored in something real and got a real job out of it pay the stuff back. People who majored in bullshit and work at Starbucks don't pay it back.

I'm still paying $119 a month for I think another year. As long as I'm working, I'll pay it. If I get fired and can't get another job, I won't pay it.

Why not, Trump did it six times. GM and Chrysler bankruptcies, all these PPE loans these companies don't have to pay back, etc etc. IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY.
How much have politicians taken through the years? But, Trump?

It has to do with responsibility.
Yeah, but not as much as you'd like to think. First, you've already told us your parents helped you, so how much would you have had to borrow without that luxury, and how long would it take you to pay it off? Secondly, according to your $4000 = $40,000 statement, that would mean you're appx 85 years old. That would mean you're prime working years included wages that were worth more then than now. If you had to work for minimum wage the first 20 years after graduation, you'd have made the appx equivalent of $11.25/hr. In the meantime most of the 53 million Americans working in low-wage jobs are adults in their prime working years, or between about 25 to 54. Their median hourly wage is $10.22 per hour. And about 42% of U S workers make less than $15/hr.

Yeah, but not as much as you'd like to think. First, you've already told us your parents helped you, so how much would you have had to borrow without that luxury, and how long would it take you to pay it off? Secondly, according to your $4000 = $40,000 statement, that would mean you're appx 85 years old. That would mean you're prime working years included wages that were worth more then than now. If you had to work for minimum wage the first 20 years after graduation, you'd have made the appx equivalent of $11.25/hr. In the meantime most of the 53 million Americans working in low-wage jobs are adults in their prime working years, or between about 25 to 54. Their median hourly wage is $10.22 per hour. And about 42% of U S workers make less than $15/hr.
Not nearly that old. According to evaluation table, $100 dollars in the mid 60s would be worth $882 today so my $4000 would be around $36000 today. Right?

$35,280 to be exact.

Then why are people leaving blue states? If Florida was run like New Jersey do think it would be like it is or more like Cuba is?
If Florida was run exactly like it is now and had New Jersey weather, then you'd have a point. 39% of people moving to Florida cited retirement as the main reason.

Not nearly that old. According to evaluation table, $100 dollars in the mid 60s would be worth $882 today so my $4000 would be around $36000 today. Right?

$35,280 to be exact.
You would have had to borrow the money in 1957 for $4000 to be equal to $40,000 now.

If Florida was run exactly like it is now and had New Jersey weather, then you'd have a point. 39% of people moving to Florida cited retirement as the main reason.
it is not just the weather. NY has millions of people and cold weather. People are not just leaving because of weather and you know that. NC, SC, GA, TN are all booming. Texas booming. Others state have had an influx of people from California move to them.

So again, if Florida were ran like NY do you think it would be the same? Can you imagine if they did those lockdowns like NY has done? Show your vaccine passport? It would ruin it. Hell even our nimrod Democrat governor is not that dense.

You would have had to borrow the money in 1957 for $4000 to be equal to $40,000 now.
Not according to my chart. I quoted the information. In 1965, $100 would increase to $882 in 2022. And I did say it was “around $4,000.”
Of course none of this has to do with my basic beliefs; if you borrow money, you pay it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jartard
This has nothing to do with Trump or politics.
He wasn't a politician when his companies racked up six bankruptcies due to debt. He's just a name indicative of a culture where corporations and the rich often don't pay their bills, because he plastered his name all over the companies that shirked their debts. Hell average people also misuse bankruptcy and the legal system, none of this should be a shock to anyone.
people like AOC, who drives a trendy Tesla
Well that is reason enough to not like her. At least Biden drives a Corvette. So did Colin Powell. And the goddamn Apollo astronauts. CORVETTE, AMERICAN HORSEPOWER.
Probably because people have been watching corporations get free money, something about the goose and the gander.
Because no one wants to take responsibility for anything in today's society.
And I've already told you that is the American way, and has been for a while now.
Then why are people leaving blue states?
Because their real estate in the red states shot up in value so much they could cash out and move somewhere with decent weather. Notice no one is moving to North Dakota (Trump by 33 in 2020). Actually Fargo is growing, but it's ran by the Democrats lol...more on that in the next paragraph.

It's also probably worth noting they are not moving to red areas of red states. No sir, they move to the blue areas. No one is moving to Bumfvck TN or NC or TX, they are moving to the urban areas there. Hottest places to move to? Nashville (Democrats), Austin (Democrats), Raleigh (Democrats). Colorado? You ever been to Denver or Boulder? :p

What does this mean? Birds of a feather flock together? People used to having cultural activities don't want to give that up? It's where the jobs are? Anyways, you might want to not be thinking it is some exodus of Republicans headed your way....I can hear you complain in 2024 when the Dem wins NC.'s electoral votes. Will you flee back to WV when you retire? Not that there's nothing wrong with that, I'll end up in BFE when I retire....probably red state, red area BFE just because I like rural areas.

And I've already told you that is the American way, and has been for a while now.
Not just America. The whole world has bought into this philosophy. Society (i.e., man) has jumped the proverbial shark.

happy-days-the-fonz.gif

Not according to my chart. I quoted the information. In 1965, $100 would increase to $882 in 2022. And I did say it was “around $4,000.”
Of course none of this has to do with my basic beliefs; if you borrow money, you pay it back.
Yes it does have to do with your basic beliefs. You want people to be responsible in paying back their education loan, but in a different world than we grew up in. It's a different game now. It costs more to go to college and people are making less wages. You're more or less forced to go to college, go head over hill in debt and spend a lifetime paying it off, or not go to college and make a wage that's not enough to do much of anything. It's irresponsible for us as a society to allow this game with these rules. No one in the United States should be working for less than $15/hour.

Did someone say it was just the weather? I suspect people are making more money in other states and retiring in Florida due to weather and lower cost of living.
Northern blue staters who have florida condos are selling their northern home because housing values are insane. Had a neighbor in this position who just couldn't pass up the profit opportunity. Said he might buy another, smaller place here in the future - but the opportunity was just too good to stay put.

He listed his home at what appeared to be a too high price. Sold within a month.

The house across the street from me had 25 offers - sold within a week.....one in another our sub had 45 offers. It's an incredibly strong real estate market.

You're more or less forced to go to college
Hardly. The trades are begging for people and the salaries are very good.
I understand what you are saying, and I believe the government should do more to help poorer students attend college. However, people who took out the loans knew the ground rules going in. Not fair to want to change them after they have the degree.

it is not just the weather. NY has millions of people and cold weather. People are not just leaving because of weather and you know that. NC, SC, GA, TN are all booming. Texas booming. Others state have had an influx of people from California move to them.

So again, if Florida were ran like NY do you think it would be the same? Can you imagine if they did those lockdowns like NY has done? Show your vaccine passport? It would ruin it. Hell even our nimrod Democrat governor is not that dense.
for real, do you know anyone who is moving from Fl to NJ?

forgiving those loans just perpetuates the issue. colleges have zero skin in the game for these loans. They're guaranteed to get paid. It's a HUGE (if not THE) driver of college cost inflation.

The loans should be dischargeable in a bankruptcy and colleges should have a mechanism that penalizes them or makes them dip into their hedge fund (i mean endowments) to help cover the bankruptcy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT