ADVERTISEMENT

Mark it Down: 12-20

We are incredibly slow for a D1 team. They were spreading us on defense and taking it right down the lane, yet no adjustments from the staff. I actually feel bad for Voyles and Martin for transferring here.

These kids haven't been taught one thing about D1 basketball.

And - what does it say about a coaching staff who aren’t screaming to make an in-game adjustment? Instead, you have Corny jumping off the bench cheerleading during timeouts, Cline silent, and the rest I don’t know….. I guess they’re just hanging on, realizing that if there’s a coaching change, they’re out of work?

And - what does it say about a coaching staff who aren’t screaming to make an in-game adjustment? Instead, you have Corny jumping off the bench cheerleading during timeouts, Cline silent, and the rest I don’t know….. I guess they’re just hanging on, realizing that if there’s a coaching change, they’re out of work?
Yeah, I think Danny's given up on this "team" and hopefully he's looking for a comfortable rocking chair. The Assistant Coach's have always underwhelmed me. We wanted Cline badly as a player but he was too good to come to MU. At least Corny is a son of Marshall. Maybe Wake will hire Cline.

When this team wins 4 games in the SBC tournament and 5 games in March Madness to finish 21-19 all of you naysayers will want on the bandwagon. After all, the regular season is just a warmup for the postseason. You never know, it could happen to you. lol

I wouldn't blame every player on the team if they entered the portal. Come to think of it, that might not be a bad idea. Too bad there isn't a coaching portal as well.
It should be made known Loudly and Forcefully to Smith, Spears, et. al., as soon as decision is announced publicly by the school that Danny is returning to MU in 24-25, that 100s and 100s, perhaps even a few thousand, of MU Fans and Ticket Buyers are immediately "Entering the Portal"!!

We got everyone right where we want them. It’s tournament time and they won’t see us coming. This is what this team is built for and it doesn’t matter we have basically been man handled the past 7 games. Watch out Sunbelt, Dantoni boys are bringing the pain!

It should be made known Loudly and Forcefully to Smith, Spears, et. al., as soon as decision is announced publicly by the school that Danny is returning to MU in 24-25, that 100s and 100s, perhaps even a few thousand, of MU Fans and Ticket Buyers are immediately "Entering the Portal"!!
CS does not care. He is a non-leader and has risen to his level of incompetence by being a good #2 man. Making sure the bus is fueled up, the motel rooms are booked, the Pepsi founts are charged up, the light bill got paid. He is not a person you put in charge of things. A #1 man, a LEADER, makes hard and bold decisions. A leader fires CH and DD. He is not a leader.

But he doesn't work for you, or for me. He works for the cabal. The cabal, since their coup over the former leadership team, calls the shots. And they like DD and that, is all she wrote. They do NOT CARE if you go to the games, or not. They do NOT CARE about the rest of the fan base at all.

We are stuck until DD no longer wants to or can live out his fantasy camp existence.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
CS does not care. He is a non-leader and has risen to his level of incompetence by being a good #2 man. Making sure the bus is fueled up, the motel rooms are booked, the Pepsi founts are charged up, the light bill got paid. He is not a person you put in charge of things. A #1 man, a LEADER, makes hard and bold decisions. A leader fires CH and DD. He is not a leader.

But he doesn't work for you, or for me. He works for the cabal. The cabal, since their coup over the former leadership team, calls the shots. And they like DD and that, is all she wrote. They do NOT CARE if you go to the games, or not. They do NOT CARE about the rest of the fan base at all.

We are stuck until DD no longer wants to or can live out his fantasy camp existence.
What facts are you basing your statements on. Who could possibly believe he doesn’t care. Biggest source of revenue is ticket sales. Without winning ticket sales decline. When that happens having the much needed $$ to compete at our level gets much more difficult. When that happens keeping your job gets iffy. So to state that CS doesn’t care is just not true.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Well, Sam has his opinion, no more, no less.
He truly believes his opinions are facts, so his perspective is slightly slanted.
CS is doing a more than adequate job of promoting athletics at MU. His 1st time as an AD, so obviously he’s had to gain experience.
Too early to cast judgement imo. The ceremony after the clinching win was apparently done very well, and from all I can gather opening day at the Jack was phenomenal.
People in glass houses shouldn’t get permits!

Well, Sam has his opinion, no more, no less.
He truly believes his opinions are facts, so his perspective is slightly slanted.
CS is doing a more than adequate job of promoting athletics at MU. His 1st time as an AD, so obviously he’s had to gain experience.
Too early to cast judgement imo. The ceremony after the clinching win was apparently done very well, and from all I can gather opening day at the Jack was phenomenal.
People in glass houses shouldn’t get permits!
Well said

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Biggest source of revenue is ticket sales.
Of course, you make an assumption that just isn't true. When you take the time to look at the actual figures, you learn things.

For the most recent year reported, MU athletic budget was $39,338,519. Of which only $2,946,761 was ticket sales. Not the "biggest" by a long shot. The biggest source of revenue is "school funds" which is, well, WV taxpayer money, in the form of tuition waivers, facilities built by general borrowing, etc. at almost $16.5M, followed by the student athletic fee at nearly $7M, Big Green giving of almost $6M, followed by licensing and TV/radio rights at $4.3M, and $3M in "other", which is team specific bowl revenue, no return away money games, endowments, sports camps, and so on.

So, now that we have dealt with the ignorant idea that ticket sales are the biggest source of revenue (next time do a little research, OK?) We can move on to an informed discussion of non-leader CS. CS is here because the cabal wanted a yes man. He is making six figures ($250,131) which isn't bad anywhere, but in Huntington, WV makes you in the 1%. This bunch ousted the previous management because he rocked the boat. CS knows this, knows that DD is their man, and knows which side he is paid to be on.

Proof? What more do you need than the fact that DD and CH are still the coaches here? CS is not stupid, and no non-stupid person would employ either, so thus we must look for the real reason. There you go.

al sharpton msnbc GIF

Of course, you make an assumption that just isn't true. When you take the time to look at the actual figures, you learn things.

For the most recent year reported, MU athletic budget was $39,338,519. Of which only $2,946,761 was ticket sales. Not the "biggest" by a long shot. The biggest source of revenue is "school funds" which is, well, WV taxpayer money, in the form of tuition waivers, facilities built by general borrowing, etc. at almost $16.5M, followed by the student athletic fee at nearly $7M, Big Green giving of almost $6M, followed by licensing and TV/radio rights at $4.3M, and $3M in "other", which is team specific bowl revenue, no return away money games, endowments, sports camps, and so on.

So, now that we have dealt with the ignorant idea that ticket sales are the biggest source of revenue (next time do a little research, OK?) We can move on to an informed discussion of non-leader CS. CS is here because the cabal wanted a yes man. He is making six figures ($250,131) which isn't bad anywhere, but in Huntington, WV makes you in the 1%. This bunch ousted the previous management because he rocked the boat. CS knows this, knows that DD is their man, and knows which side he is paid to be on.

Proof? What more do you need than the fact that DD and CH are still the coaches here? CS is not stupid, and no non-stupid person would employ either, so thus we must look for the real reason. There you go.
I refuse to belittle those that disagree with me. You are correct in your figures except the Big green giving. They only give 5% of total endowment figure. You cant take away the corpus. I was incorrect in my statement but was thinking about outside funding as opposed to internal. Thanks for correcting me. Are you involved in any official MU organizations where you are privy

We got everyone right where we want them. It’s tournament time and they won’t see us coming. This is what this team is built for and it doesn’t matter we have basically been man handled the past 7 games. Watch out Sunbelt, Dantoni boys are bringing the pain!
And Brad, Mike , Cathy and Aaron will be in the front row cheering us on.

Are you involved in any official MU organizations where you are privy
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sammy hasn't been to an athletic contest in years. Stick around here long enough and you'll realize most of his posts are WRONG. And when you call him in on it...he will hide behind slander. He's still hiding from his claims the baseball stadium wasn't being built. "No permits filed" and they were "just pushing dirt around."

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sammy hasn't been to an athletic contest in years. Stick around here long enough and you'll realize most of his posts are WRONG. And when you call him in on it...he will hide behind slander. He's still hiding from his claims the baseball stadium wasn't being built. "No permits filed" and they were "just pushing dirt around."
Thanks for your candor. I don’t post much here, but can tell you are someone who thinks then speaks.

Spamite troll:

The link I provided was to USA Today, who got its information from required filings to the NCAA and the IRS. So they are "wrong". Please link to your figures. Troll.

As to the baseball park, I, like all thinking people, warned about yet another "done deal" baseball park. And, over, and over, and over, and over, I was right. Plan after plan. Even ground breakings. And, thanks to ONE MAN, Big Jim Justice, the deal was finally funded. Thanks Big Jim. So I was wrong once.

And right 50 times before.

Go away.

Last edited:
Spamite troll:
See @DF3. He actually thinks that anyone who calls him out for his BS is a WVU troll. He's ignorant.

Even when he claims to be "done with you"... he cant help himself. Tells fans to "go away" even after, he's "gone away" for years. Rarely does he ever attend a sporting event. That's not to say that I don't occasionally agree with the hypocrite. Danny needed to be gone and relieved of his head coaching duties 3-4 years ago.

See @DF3. He actually thinks that anyone who calls him out for his BS is a WVU troll. He's ignorant.

Even when he claims to be "done with you"... he cant help himself. Tells fans to "go away" even after, he's "gone away" for years. Rarely does he ever attend a sporting event. That's not to say that I don't occasionally agree with the hypocrite. Danny needed to be gone and relieved of his head coaching duties 3-4 years ago.
Whether he's right or wrong in his opinions he's not completely off base with Spears. Since Spears has been here we've had two opportunities to cleanly part ways with Dan and each time we chose to extend him.

The current state of football doesn't bode well either.

We don't need Sam to be able to draw the conclusion that our administration is willing to do the right thing. Pointing to WBB isn't a very good counter argument. We struck gold with the hire, but it's WBB and it doesn't move the needle neither do the other sports he's made moves with. Football and MBB drive the bus.

Whether he's right or wrong in his opinions he's not completely off base with Spears. Since Spears has been here we've had two opportunities to cleanly part ways with Dan and each time we chose to extend him.

The current state of football doesn't bode well either.

We don't need Sam to be able to draw the conclusion that our administration is willing to do the right thing. Pointing to WBB isn't a very good counter argument. We struck gold with the hire, but it's WBB and it doesn't move the needle neither do the other sports he's made moves with. Football and MBB drive the bus.
You aren't wrong... Here is what Spears has done in the two sports that matter financially.

Helped create the easiest schedule in MU basketball history
Watched DD win 24 games against said joke schedule
Re-signed DD to an extension
Watched as the program has careened off a cliff this season

Enjoyed a win over Notre Dame and 9 win season
Cheerleaded for Huff and Co. at every possible opportunity
Watched as football struggled through a down year at 6-7
Issued a twitter statement saying "it's unacceptable" but made zero changes
Did not respond when Huff made arguably the dumbest comment in MU sports history

This place is going to be on nuclear meltdown watch if we open next year's football schedule 1-4 (which is a real possibility)...

Stony Brook - W
VT - probable L
Ohio State - L
Western Michigan - Tossup
App State - probable L (they will be the likely preseason pick to win the division)

You aren't wrong... Here is what Spears has done in the two sports that matter financially.

Helped create the easiest schedule in MU basketball history
Watched DD win 24 games against said joke schedule
Re-signed DD to an extension
Watched as the program has careened off a cliff this season

Enjoyed a win over Notre Dame and 9 win season
Cheerleaded for Huff and Co. at every possible opportunity
Watched as football struggled through a down year at 6-7
Issued a twitter statement saying "it's unacceptable" but made zero changes
Did not respond when Huff made arguably the dumbest comment in MU sports history

This place is going to be on nuclear meltdown watch if we open next year's football schedule 1-4 (which is a real possibility)...

Stony Brook - W
VT - probable L
Ohio State - L
Western Michigan - Tossup
App State - probable L (they will be the likely preseason pick to win the division)
Some of what you said I ageee with and some I don’t. Spear didn’t hire HUff and still had a year left on his contract. Not right to fire after 3 years in my opinion plus can we really afford buyout. Spears didn’t hire DD and it’s tough to fire someone after the number of games we won last year. He did extend contract but with no penalty for nullifying early. A smart move I feel. As to sitting and watching them disintegrate losing games, I don’t think he should fire someone mid season. We may disagree on that. Can you give him credit for woman’s bb hire, softball hire and finding other sources of revenue so far. It’s way too e soon to be critical. Let’s see what happens soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT