ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall @ App State..."The Old Mountain Feud" 6PM on NFL Network

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
"The Old Mountain Feud-Marshall at App State-will kick off at 6 p.m. ET/5 p.m. CT on Saturday Nov. 4 on NFL Network. The Mountaineers lead the all-time series 15-10, though the Thundering Herd has proven victorious in four of the past five meetings dating back to 1996. Marshall won the first matchup as Sun Belt Conference foes a year ago, 28-21 in Huntington."

This week's game, at Coastal Carolina, will also be on NFLN. Barring a miracle turnaround (ain't happening) that would cause one of the last 3 of playing out the string to get picked up, this means we will finish with having seven games on real actual not-internet, TV. That has to be the record.

This week's game, at Coastal Carolina, will also be on NFLN. Barring a miracle turnaround (ain't happening) that would cause one of the last 3 of playing out the string to get picked up, this means we will finish with having seven games on real actual not-internet, TV. That has to be the record.
I can see either Ga Southern or USA getting picked up. I do not see Ark State getting picked up.

Bout ready to go on a two game winning streak the next two weeks on NFLN. BOOM!!!!
Fingers Crossed Twc306 GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

Bout ready to go on a two game winning streak the next two weeks on NFLN. BOOM!!!!
Thank you for that in-depth, fact-filled, high level adult analysis.

Yelling "my team is better because we are good" is for children and USPAM fans. Herd fans are better than that.

Thank you for that in-depth, fact-filled, high level adult analysis.

Yelling "my team is better because we are good" is for children and USPAM fans. Herd fans are better than that.

Thank you for the compliment sir. I woke up this morning needing a Pick me up, and you supplied it. It is an honor to have made such an incredible contribution to a threat that the great SamC felt the need to complement me.

My Herd On is not raging.

But, in regards to your "it will take a miracle" to turn things around. We are a 3.5 point dog on the road, thats it. Then we will most likely be a favorite or slight underdog in the next two games, and a favorite to close the season.

Will it take some work to win out. Yes. But a miracle? Really?

This is a bad football team.

That simple. Yelling "not" really loudly doesn't change that. It is just childish. We are not good. We are bad.

Georgia Southern manhandled Georgia State, which assreamed us.
USA beat Oklahoma State, which is already bowl eligible and has an outside shot at the Big 2, Little 10 title.
Arkansas State is garbage, but there won't be 12K actual butts in seats at that game.

This is a bad football team.

Funny comment from an App poster:
Marshall will score on their first drive and will perpetually lead by 3-10 points as App State keeps on running stretch plays for 0-2 yards and dropping passes. Ali will rush for 200 yards. Then whoever the Marshall QB is will be sacked like 4 times in a row, possibly die, then Aguilar will be allowed to throw it deep and App will win by 4-11 points, unless there's a ridiculous strip fumble, which case Marshall will win by 2-6 points.

How the fans see it this weekend…

Last edited:
Reactions: mlblack16.
Funny comment from an App poster:
Marshall will score on their first drive and will perpetually lead by 3-10 points as App State keeps on running stretch plays for 0-2 yards and dropping passes. Ali will rush for 200 yards. Then whoever the Marshall QB is will be sacked like 4 times in a row, possibly die, then Aguilar will be allowed to throw it deep and App will win by 4-11 points, unless there's a ridiculous strip fumble, which case Marshall will win by 2-6 points.
This game could end up being one of the nastiest pillow fights ever.

There is no chance anyone knows what is going to happen in this game... There's just too many variables.

- Who starts at QB? Most fans want to see Pennington (Chuck Landon says it should be him) but we won't know until the offense runs out on the field.
- Will our receivers not deflect catchable balls to the other team?
- Will we give Ali the ball enough times to make an impact?
- Can we be at least mediocre on special teams?
- Have our linebackers and safeties learned to fill gaps and tackle?
- What App team shows up? The team that played UNC into overtime and beat ECU, or the App team that lost to Wyoming and Old Dominion.

If either of these teams wants to see a bowl game its a must win. App is the second worst team left on our schedule, and we are the worst team left on theirs (JMU, Georgia State, Georgia Southern).

Good news is, the weather look perfect for football - 63 and sunny in Boone on Saturday.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
There is no chance anyone knows what is going to happen in this game... There's just too many variables.

- Who starts at QB? Most fans want to see Pennington (Chuck Landon says it should be him) but we won't know until the offense runs out on the field.
- Will our receivers not deflect catchable balls to the other team?
- Will we give Ali the ball enough times to make an impact?
- Can we be at least mediocre on special teams?
- Have our linebackers and safeties learned to fill gaps and tackle?
- What App team shows up? The team that played UNC into overtime and beat ECU, or the App team that lost to Wyoming and Old Dominion.

If either of these teams wants to see a bowl game its a must win. App is the second worst team left on our schedule, and we are the worst team left on theirs (JMU, Georgia State, Georgia Southern).

Good news is, the weather look perfect for football - 63 and sunny in Boone on Saturday.
By kickoff, in the high 50’s & dropping throughout the game….great fall weather!

For any of you traveling to or already in Boone, I highly recommend the Come Back Shack, which is on the main road in Boone that leads up the mountain to Blowing Rock.
Great burgers, including local raised buffalo, awesome fries & shakes.

Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT