ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Marshall DT Larry Aaron shot

Now this is something to care about. Newspaper reports he could have been nothing more than a bystander.
Hopefully something can be done to remove the slug, I know we have posters who understand the problems he faces.

That's just terrible to hear. My thoughts go out to him and his family.
Something has to be done to help Baltimore.

Severn is a suburb of Baltimore. It's less than 15 miles outside of downtown B'more.

"At least" 45 minutes from Baltimore would be D.C.
45 minutes may be a little strong, it does depend on traffic. the #1 route for the 15 miles is like 28 minutes. getting from Baltimore to DC in 45 min can be done, but most likely at 2 am.
the point is , you cant compare what is going on in Baltimore to what goes on in Severn.
https://www.mapquest.com/directions/list/1/us/md/severn/to/us/md/baltimore-282039684

Now all that said, I feel for the kid, likely to have a long road ahead of him, we all wish him well.

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
45 minutes may be a little strong, it does depend on traffic. the #1 route for the 15 miles is like 28 minutes. getting from Baltimore to DC in 45 min can be done, but most likely at 2 am.
the point is , you cant compare what is going on in Baltimore to what goes on in Severn.
https://www.mapquest.com/directions/list/1/us/md/severn/to/us/md/baltimore-282039684

Now all that said, I feel for the kid, likely to have a long road ahead of him, we all wish him well.

Agree with all of this.

back to the OP .....
The New Year has brought some heartbreaking news to the Marshall football program.

The mother of Marshall defensive tackle Larry Aaron confirmed to the Huntington Herald-Dispatch that her son is paralyzed from the waist down after being struck by a stray bullet during a New Year’s Eve party Monday morning in Maryland. A verbal altercation near where Aaron was standing turned violent as shots were fired, with one bullet striking the lineman and lodging in his spine.

Because of the bullet’s location, Melissa Aaron said, doctors “can’t remove it because they are afraid it could be dangerous and hinder him even more to do so.” Aaron’s mom said that while the injuries her son sustained are not life-threatening, he currently has no feeling in his legs.

Three of Aaron’s teammates, running back Tyler King and linebackers Jaquan Yulee and Donyae Moody, drove to Maryland to see him in the hospital. Herd head coach Doc Holliday also addressed the situation with a tweet posted to his Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/DOCMUFB/status/948210675389796353
John Doc Holliday@DOCMUFB

It is however with a heavy heart that we bring in this new year as I send my thoughts and prayers to Larry Aaron and his entire family during this difficult time. Your @HerdFB family is here for you. #HerdStrong

After redshirting as a true freshman, Aaron played in eight games this past season.

Leave a comment

I looked up the street on Google Street view. Just an average neighborhood in average America, a lot like the one I grew up in. Assholes and dark-souled people are anywhere and everywhere. I swear if I ever win the lottery I am buying about 10k acres in the middle of Wyoming and just retiring from society.

Reactions: pdbailey
I swear if I ever win the lottery I am buying about 10k acres in the middle of Wyoming and just retiring from society.
Same here, but I was thinking Idaho, not far from Boise. If you hit it, you also need to buy a kick ass RV, and pretty much stay on the move from the crazy sum-da-bitches. They have a knack for tracking down lottery winners. Not sure why some of these winners are dumb enough to go onto national TV to give their story of being a winner. First thing to do is hire a lawyer and set up a trust, if you live in a state where you have to come forward. Often, you can simply have your trust show up and claim the prize. Secondly, don't tell your family and friends. Lastly, fake your death, so that your wife doesn't know.

Same here, but I was thinking Idaho, not far from Boise. If you hit it, you also need to buy a kick ass RV, and pretty much stay on the move from the crazy sum-da-bitches. They have a knack for tracking down lottery winners. Not sure why some of these winners are dumb enough to go onto national TV to give their story of being a winner. First thing to do is hire a lawyer and set up a trust, if you live in a state where you have to come forward. Often, you can simply have your trust show up and claim the prize. Secondly, don't tell your family and friends. Lastly, fake your death, so that your wife doesn't know.
Remember that guy from St Albans or close to it, that won the lottery and he owed taxes and they held it for awhile? Then, he was at the Pink Pony and had 500 grand of it stolen? Then all the family member dying and all that?

That is awful news. Hope this turns out as well as possible.

There is a Go Fund me page for his medical bills he will incur. I suggest we all donate some to it. Anything helps.

Not being an ass but since this is a "gift" to a student athlete or his family, would the high and mighty, always about the kids NCAA consider this potentially a violation? Again, not saying dont do it, rather just a question given the NCAA made schools jump through 50 different hoops to schedule hurricane relief games in SC, GA and NC.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Not being an ass but since this is a "gift" to a student athlete or his family, would the high and mighty, always about the kids NCAA consider this potentially a violation? Again, not saying dont do it, rather just a question given the NCAA made schools jump through 50 different hoops to schedule hurricane relief games in SC, GA and NC.
At this point who gives a shit about the NCAA. He is paralyzed from the waste down

At this point who gives a shit about the NCAA. He is paralyzed from the waste down
He is still considered a Marshall student-athlete so the NCAA would maybe still look at the donation of money by MU boosters or alums to him as a violation. The best thing to do would be for MU Compliance to get this cleared through the NCAA and then we can give as much as we are willing to help him.

He is still considered a Marshall student-athlete so the NCAA would maybe still look at the donation of money by MU boosters or alums to him as a violation. The best thing to do would be for MU Compliance to get this cleared through the NCAA and then we can give as much as we are willing to help him.
Once again who cares. Screw the NCAA just help the kid

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Dude, don't yell at me. I want to be able to help him as well, but i also don't want us to get put on major probation for doing it either. You follow the proper channels and make the NCAA aware that this is what MU fans want to do, and get it approved before you do it. Then, if the NCAA doesn't approve it, you go after them in the media and destroy their credibility as a large portion of the country would condemn them for it.

Do you think Larry would want the program hit with sanctions on his behalf?

Even if it was a violation by the letter of the rule, it would be some low down dirty $hit by the NCAA to push it. But then again remember who we're talking about here. I think it definitely warrants at least an email to the compliance dept.

Reactions: pdbailey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT