ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall to the NCAAs? They think so...

"defense is woeful" and average rebounding margin among the worst in the country. That from an impartial outside source. Someone on the board points these things out they are called "haters". Oh, well, . . . .
Nobody denies the room for improvement still, but there has been improvement from previous years and the pieces we’ll be adding next season will allow for more strides to be made. Also, the same things were said about John Beilein’s wvu teams, yet they competed in the old Big East and made tournament runs. Every team has flaws.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
"defense is woeful" and average rebounding margin among the worst in the country. That from an impartial outside source. Someone on the board points these things out they are called "haters". Oh, well, . . . .
.....context, olde. Context!!! I know you would be pleased should we make it to the dance.

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
I HAVE A DREAM...that someday.....

Zilla22 in Charlotte
After being a sports fan all my life I watched Marshall win 2 1AA national titles. Make the jump to 1 A and we compete well. Saw Ky win 5 national titles. WV competes well at times against very good teams. WV made the final four. Yet nothing could top marshall making the dance and advancing. We need to pack the Cam. It would help us land better players. We need to land players from huntington prep. They not sending us players is why I quit watching them. We need to stop that crap. Run them out of town. Lol. Kidding but I thought it.

After being a sports fan all my life I watched Marshall win 2 1AA national titles. Make the jump to 1 A and we compete well. Saw Ky win 5 national titles. WV competes well at times against very good teams. WV made the final four. Yet nothing could top marshall making the dance and advancing. We need to pack the Cam. It would help us land better players. We need to land players from huntington prep. They not sending us players is why I quit watching them. We need to stop that crap. Run them out of town. Lol. Kidding but I thought it.

You saw the Fiddlin Five beat U of Seattle and Elgin Baylor. Didn’t know you were that old.

Saw the old film. I quess it was 4 national titles. Joe hall. Rick Pitino. Tubby Smith and calipari all ine won.

At what point did you expect we would be getting players from Huntington Prep? That’s not how it works..

USA Today says MTSU and WKU. Joey Brackets has just one CUSA team in the Dance. 30 of the 68 slots will be filled with SEC, ACC, Big XII, and Big East teams. Now IF MU wins the CUSA tourney, then anything is possible.

Teams that can get hot shooting can always win a game or more. I actually think we have a better shot of upsetting someone in the dance if we got there than the chance of making the Dance. The difference- to get there we need to shoot well in 3 straight games and hope our defense holds. In the dance it only takes getting hot for 40 minutes to advance and we’ve shown we can do that. We are the team that would hardly every win tournaments yet no one wants to play.

I HAVE A DREAM...that someday.....

Zilla22 in Charlotte

Why exactly should Huntington Prep “send” players to Marshall if the kids are able to go to better programs? They owe Marshall nothing more than a chance to recruit the kids. If the staff doesn’t drive 4 blocks to recruit them, that’s on the staff not Huntington Prep. These kids bring about the same national attention to Huntington as Herd basketball so maybe they should be embraced more. Just a thought.....

Why exactly should Huntington Prep “send” players to Marshall if the kids are able to go to better programs? They owe Marshall nothing more than a chance to recruit the kids. If the staff doesn’t drive 4 blocks to recruit them, that’s on the staff not Huntington Prep. These kids bring about the same national attention to Huntington as Herd basketball so maybe they should be embraced more. Just a thought.....

I could care less about HP. Those kids come here to play basketball and have no plans to look at Marshall or stay here.

HP is a national high school power. Kids come from all over the world. They come to get into a top level program Until we start winning marquee games we have no chance. I believe we are on track to get there, however. Danny is scheduling some name programs and bringing in the talent to compete against them

You are right on about they owe marshall nothing. I never hear us ever talking about their players. Herdmeister can give usva heads up on what Dan thinksbof having all american high school players in our backyard. Just venting on not not landing any of their players. Yes I will still check them out.

Reactions: Sash19
At what point did you expect we would be getting players from Huntington Prep? That’s not how it works..
Any point would do pullman. Gee whiz lets throw this we have no chance what so ever to land a player out the window. We have them right here. Try to get to know them. Nothing illegal but gee whiz one of the players might like Huntington's slow pace. Do we even try or are they like most on this board, F it we have no chance, forget them. We have failed with HP

Yep, 4 in 60 years for the Roman Empire. ;)
No 4 titles in 43 yrs since I moved here. First one was beating duke. Gosh you hate me. Every post is negative. Marshall fans eat their own is true. You like other teams like me and the silly so called super fans love marshall and HATE everyone else so you are IN the same boat as I am. You know I take this serious so just put me on ignore like half the board already has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Any point would do pullman. Gee whiz lets throw this we have no chance what so ever to land a player out the window. We have them right here. Try to get to know them. Nothing illegal but gee whiz one of the players might like Huntington's slow pace. Do we even try or are they like most on this board, F it we have no chance, forget them. We have failed with HP

Recruit them is fine. If you think ‘local’ helps you’re a fool..

Its a local school with players not from here. Forget them i will go along with you pullman. HP is not to be looked at. No way they will come to marshall.

Its a local school with players not from here. Forget them i will go along with you pullman. HP is not to be looked at. No way they will come to marshall.

Correct. Forgetting about talent this is also bunch of kids who’s families generally don’t live close to Huntington which is also a big factor for a lot of them. It’s the same reason WVU doesn’t recruit them heavily. I

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT