ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall up to #22 in latest Sagarin

And neither is UH I might add!

roll.r191677.gif

You would think that with the unmerciful beating you obtain every time you post here you would learn. Pavlov is rolling in his grave with what you're doing to classical conditioning.

Originally posted by GK4Herd:
You would think that with the unmerciful beating you obtain every time you post here you would learn. Pavlov is rolling in his grave with what you're doing to classical conditioning.
That'd be true if Marshall fans weren't such shitty smacktalkers. Let's face it, it takes groups of MU posters just to stand toe to toe with me, every time I post, I am guaranteed a response by AT LEAST 5 o 6 MU posters. Anytime UH does domething, someone on here makes a thread about it. If there as a Pavlov effect its MU posters taking the role of his dogs.

If you're waiting for a thread on here every time Houston does something, it must make for a long season for you.

Here's some more numbers for discussion!

Our full schedule:

Miami (OH) - 161
Rhode Island - 231
Ohio - 135
Akron - 134
ODU - 116
MTSU - 107
FIU - 119
FAU - 139
Southern Miss - 138
Rice - 69
UAB - 83
WKU - 79
La Tech - 34
NIU - 72

AVG: 115.5

----------
Some more fun numbers:

Illinois - 86
Fresno State - 113
Utah State - 51
Central Michigan - 104

WVU - 29
Texas A&M - 19

Louisville - 27
Purdue - 102

Florida State - 15
Alabama - 1
Ohio State - 3
Oregon - 4

TCU - 2
Baylor - 8

NDSU - 32
Illinois State - 42
Bethune Cookman - 178

----------

G5 Conferences:

MWC M - 11
CUSA E - 13
MAC W - 14
CUSA W - 15
AAC - 16
MWC W - 17
SBC - 18
MAC E - 19

Full Sagarin rankings, including conferences
This post was edited on 12/29 12:30 PM by connsinfonia

Guys, it is pretty apparent that Coug is always over here because he has been banned from all the UH "pussycat" boards!

Whoston ranked 84th with a SOS of 137. You were ranked behind UAB who was so shitty the program folded. Thx for playing Coog Queen, see us again next season bitch.

This post was edited on 12/29 12:58 PM by Marine03

Just ignore cougarking houston had 3 years or so that they were better than us... marshall would woop them now.... badly... very badly

Originally posted by huntersdl2007:

Just ignore cougarking houston had 3 years or so that they were better than us... marshall would woop them now.... badly... very badly
And yet nobody outside of CUSA and maybe the MAC or Sun Belt wants Marshall.

Originally posted by CougarKing:
Originally posted by huntersdl2007:

And yet nobody outside of CUSA and maybe the MAC or Sun Belt wants Marshall.
Just like no one wants Hooston? Pot meet kettle.

Originally posted by TwolfHerdfan:
Just like no one wants Hooston? Pot meet kettle.
I don't know who "Hooston" is but if Houston wanted to be UAB's replacement, CUSA would take us in a hearbeat. If we wanted the MAC, Sun Belt or Mountain West, we would be taken without any arguments.

Big 12 and Pac 12 officials have been in contact with out admin and gave us a blueprint on what needs to be done to become a P5 candidate. Hence why we have a P5 caliber stadium (unlike the pile of junk Marshall play in) and are in the process of building a new practice facility for our basketball team before we do an overhaul on our arena. It's also one of the reasons why we sent our coach packing after going a mediocre 7-5.

We have the market, the academics, and the facilities to be a P5. Marshall has none of those three, hence why they along with Southern Miss, UAB, Rice and UTEP were all left behind when the schools who were worth a crap left to form what is now the AAC.

EVERYBODY in the AAC has something to offer, CUSA not so much.

What are the current G5 conference rankings on there? I know you broke it down by division. But what is it combined? I read somewhere (I think Boise State board) that the G5 conference whose final computer ranking is highest gets a little extra dough somehow...hmm. Maybe they didnt know what they were talking about. But they seemed concerned they may get passed up with the MWC not doing so well in the bowls.

Did he just say Rice didn't have the market or academics? A guy from Coog High says Rice doesn't have the academics?

Oh, and P5 quality stadium? You mean TD-East Carolina University stadium? The one that holds a whopping 40,000 and draws about 20,000? You have the market, problem is that either no one knows, or no one cares, that your football team exists.

As a Boise fan I have an unbiased take on what you just said.

Your delusional if you think Houston would drag your conference down and you wouldn't trade UAB for them.
If the MWC had an opportunity to get Houston, I would be all for it. Why?
Well...
They have one of the biggest TV markets in the country

TV = Money = Better facilities = Better recruiting = Better performance on field
TV = Money = Ability to hire better coaches = Better performance
TV = More exposure = Better chance at access bowl birth

What I just listed above, would affect everyone in the conference and would only help them.

Obviously Houstons TV market isn't the only reason you would want them, but it's a big part.
Houston will bounce back to relevance one day, and should be competing for an access bowl some time in the future. Even though they have struggled as of late, they are still a team you would love to have in your conference.

Sorry Boise fan but whoston has been irrelevant since Case Keenon left town and was barely relevant with Kevin Kolb and before that everyone forgot they even played football.

This is normal for Whoston.

And that's why I said this is normal for whoston, plus he is still but hurt from the last time we played

Originally posted by Herd Fever:
Sorry Boise fan but whoston has been irrelevant since Case Keenon left town and was barely relevant with Kevin Kolb and before that everyone forgot they even played football.

This is normal for Whoston.
Case Keenon may have left town, but Case Keenum is still here.

6616162.jpg

This post was edited on 12/30 12:51 AM by CougarKing

Originally posted by GreenMachiner:
What are the current G5 conference rankings on there? I know you broke it down by division. But what is it combined? I read somewhere (I think Boise State board) that the G5 conference whose final computer ranking is highest gets a little extra dough somehow...hmm. Maybe they didnt know what they were talking about. But they seemed concerned they may get passed up with the MWC not doing so well in the bowls.
Averaging out the Central Mean between divisions on the Sagarin rankings puts it at this:

6. IA Independents - 67.83
7. Missouri Valley (AA) - 64.12

8. MWC - 62.065
9. CUSA - 61.40
10. AAC - 59.93
11. MAC - 56.94
12. SBC - 56.60

Until you have a product that can be sold, the market it's available for sale within really doesn't mean squat.

Originally posted by Chevy1:
Until you have a product that can be sold, the market it's available for sale within really doesn't mean squat.
exactly!

and this is why New York City does not have a top 5 college football program....

New York doesn't have a top 5 program, but it's why the big 10 wanted Rutgers.. I know Rutgers is technically in New Jersey, but it's close enough.

Rutgers has been irrelevant for a long time, but P5 conferences will always want them for the reasons I listed in my previous post. If p5 conferences wanted teams that were consistently in the top 25 and went strictly off performance when choosing who to add, then why are Boise state and Marsall still in the G5?

The reason is simple... Small TV markets. Idaho and WV aren't huge TV markets/sought after recruiting territory like NY/NJ for example.

This article by SI kind of goes over why Rutgers was sought after by the P5
http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/06/18/big-ten-expansion

I always laugh when people out Rutgers into the NY market, Rutgers barely gets as much talk as Syracuse and Syracuse is a lot further away.

The Big 10 wanted Rutgers for the recruiting in NJ

Herd Fever posted on 12/30/2014...

I always laugh when people out Rutgers into the NY market, Rutgers barely gets as much talk as Syracuse and Syracuse is a lot further away.

The Big 10 wanted Rutgers for the recruiting in NJ

Addressed everything you said in my post..

"New York doesn't have a top 5 program, but it's why the big 10 wanted Rutgers.. I know Rutgers is technically in New Jersey, but it's close enough."

"The reason is simple... Small TV markets. Idaho and WV aren't huge TV markets/sought after recruiting territory like NY/NJ for example."

I don't know if you were re-stating what I said, or you were saying I was wrong
question.r191677.gif
Either way, I clearly addressed it in my post.

The question should be, "do enough people in the NYC market give two craps about Rutgers? Will they ever?" Citing this "size of market" as a "reason" is flawed. Is Alabama located in large market? You sell a product.....a crappy product won't sell anywhere.

Boise State is a great product that has built a ton of equity. A lot more people may actually want to watch them on TV if they got rid of that headache inducing blue field. Those folks need to spend a few hours in the "form follows function" lab. They have a team America wants to watch, but they have them play on a field that no one can visually tolerate for more than 5 minutes. One can't help but wonder how many rating points their TV broadcasts would go UP with a green field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT