ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs Kent State game thread

wow kent is giving up 40 something points a game and this is all we can do

Damn, Chase's knee was down before he got the ball over the goal line, but I'll take it.

Reactions: ohio herd
well at least this years team doesn't give up and finds a way to win. Still a lot of room to improve

Reactions: pdbailey
The King-Anderson backfield is making a statement for more playing time... King looks fast and appears to see the field well. When its short yardage bring in the FB.

Reactions: sportsphantom1
King with the 29-yard TD... 21-0 Herd

That kid better be seeing the ball a lot more in coming weeks.

Also, not to give any credit to Bill Legg, ever, for any reason, but the running game in the second half has been much better. I like the use of the FB, I like King getting the ball in various downs and distances, and I like going with two TE's to block outside.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I'd love to see us squeak out one more touchdown before the end of the game and make it a shut out. Anyone who didn't watch the game would think we played a good game.
The defense played great most of the game and the game ball goes to them. The offense was inconsistent in the 1st three quarters, but they at least played well in the 4th quarter and we may have found a RB, so that gives us some good things to build on for our next against Cincy.

The defense played great most of the game and the game ball goes to them. The offense was inconsistent in the 1st three quarters, but they at least played well in the 4th quarter and we may have found a RB, so that gives us some good things to build on for our next against Cincy.

We certainly need to see more of King. He has earned the playing time. He was able to make some plays when the other running backs couldn't. I also think Pittman should be given some carries.

It's another win... but bill legg isn't our answer... im sorry our season is going to be long.. we will be 2-2 after Cincinnati starting conference play and who knows what team will show up..... thank you defense you won us another one..!

Agree.

Appears Tyler King is our best running back by quite a bit. He can make something out of nothing.

Davis is our best running back. Give him the same kind of I formation type set with a blocking back to lead and he's more than capable of carrying the load 20+ carries a game.

Again, the way we rotate running backs in and out and the plays called for each makes no damn sense. Anyone watching a week's worth of film will quickly figure each running back gets the same set of plays called when each enter the game for touches. King (should he start next week) will be stuffed because he ran the same play every time he touched the ball.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Davis is our best running back. Give him the same kind of I formation type set with a blocking back to lead and he's more than capable of carrying the load 20+ carries a game.

Again, the way we rotate running backs in and out and the plays called for each makes no damn sense. Anyone watching a week's worth of film will quickly figure each running back gets the same set of plays called when each enter the game for touches. King (should he start next week) will be stuffed because he ran the same play every time he touched the ball.

Keion certainly deserves touches and is much better than Rodriguez but King can make people miss like no one else on the roster. That's something we desperately need because you're spot on about our playcalling being predictable.

Keion certainly deserves touches and is much better than Rodriguez but King can make people miss like no one else on the roster. That's something we desperately need because you're spot on about our playcalling being predictable.

You said we were predictable.... how dare you.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT