ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs Middle Tennessee

Problem on offense is that we kill our own drives.

The play calling takes too many plays to set up a drive

We ball control and if we make an error and stall out we get nothing and bled the game away

Too many things hindering these kids from playing a good game, coaching sets em up for failure though imo

Reactions: Timtnt9
I think the vitriol here is misguided.

There are issues here, but it isn’t effort related. It’s not “playing with urgency, or fire” or whatever other horse manure cliche fans love to drum up.

There are areas of youth and inexperience here. We’ve also had some injuries.

That isn’t to say the playcalling isn’t at fault, or the OL can’t play better, WRs not running routes at proper depth etc. There are multiple areas that deserve fault.

If the biggest issue? It’s QB and it’s not close. Ok not sure what you do either. Maybe Thomson comes in and lights a little fire, but he looked terrible last year. I’m not sure what we have behind Green either.

But Isiah Green just isn’t a good QB. And his biggest issue is accuracy. At this level, in the C-USA, you don’t have to throw with anticipation or throw guys open, or even read the field. Those type of guys go one to play at the next level.

You just need to be accurate, because the athletes on the team (from recruiting) will get separation.

Green just can’t consistently be accurate with the football. We have zero short/intermediate passing game because he can’t throw it accurately or read simple coverages.

It’s clear that his inability to throw the footbal has affected play calling, everything. It’s not an excuse, but it is what it is.

I think the vitriol here is misguided.

There are issues here, but it isn’t effort related. It’s not “playing with urgency, or fire” or whatever other horse manure cliche fans love to drum up.

There are areas of youth and inexperience here. We’ve also had some injuries.

That isn’t to say the playcalling isn’t at fault, or the OL can’t play better, WRs not running routes at proper depth etc. There are multiple areas that deserve fault.

If the biggest issue? It’s QB and it’s not close. Ok not sure what you do either. Maybe Thomson comes in and lights a little fire, but he looked terrible last year. I’m not sure what we have behind Green either.

But Isiah Green just isn’t a good QB. And his biggest issue is accuracy. At this level, in the C-USA, you don’t have to throw with anticipation or throw guys open, or even read the field. Those type of guys go one to play at the next level.

You just need to be accurate, because the athletes on the team (from recruiting) will get separation.

Green just can’t consistently be accurate with the football. We have zero short/intermediate passing game because he can’t throw it accurately or read simple coverages.

It’s clear that his inability to throw the footbal has affected play calling, everything. It’s not an excuse, but it is what it is.
Sooooo saying they aren’t playing with fire is manure but spending 4 paragraphs to trash a single player is cool? Gotcha chief

Reactions: mlblack16.
Sooooo saying they aren’t playing with fire is manure but spending 4 paragraphs to trash a single player is cool? Gotcha chief

We not allowed to say that a player isn’t playing up to the level they should?

You know this is competitive athletics, with winners and losers. Kids will fail. Kids will excel. That’s the definition of all of this.

Relax...but by all means tell me more about how “the other team wants it more”

Here is what is sad: That’s probably the best 3rd quarter we’ve played against FBS teams.

You want Gaines to make that catch, but it’s 4th and 3. Where is a slant?

And this where those that take issue with the play calling have a case.

On 3rd and 8, you run a 5 yd pass play to get a more manageable 4th down.

Then on 4th down, you run a play with the intention of getting a mismatch for a throw down the field.

We are about to lose to the worst MTSU team in a decade... Unfortunately it means nothing because our AD has untouchable job security and his best buddy is our head coach.

Reactions: Timtnt9
That may be the ballgame.

Shame the offense couldn’t get it done in the RZ. This MTSU defense isn’t very good. Only scoring 13 points to this point is disappointing.

I remember the days when Marshall had an offense that could score more than 13 points against a 1-3 team like Middle Tennessee. So sad to see what this football program has become.

Absolutely pathetic... The worst possible call in that situation is a fake FG.

Either kick it, or let the offense try to pick up 10 yards. I dont know how we, as fans, can do it, but we have to make changes happen.

Stay home the rest of the season I suppose. No reason to pay good money to watch this garbage.

Reactions: mubaseballking
Time to watch the chaos on the boards.

giphy.gif

If we want a realistic chance to win this game, we need to score on this drive or it's game over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT