ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs UTSA

Shouldn't have been in that position from jump. Time to go up and then come down with Henney! Good night fellas!

Having a QB that is at least a threat to take off would keep the D honest . Why we don't roll a pocket or pitch out wide is beyond me. The handoff up the middle does nothing.

Does Litton not realize he can change the play at the line or can he not comprehend the playbook enough to do it.
Cato was a master of that.

Cato was good but players like chad Pennington and Byron leftwich were masters at changing plays.....

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Defense played well but they did give up to many 3rd down plays. UTSA keep running the slant D never adjusted. The offense was predictable again tonight. Legg is a terrible play caller. It appears from watching this season. He never has a clip board or play call sheet. It looks like he is winging it. It never looks like they have a game plan on offense. Very disappointing to watch a winnable game get away. I believe they have the skill players to play more up tempo offense. They aren't putting any pressure on defense's. They've gotta make a decision this off season with the OC.

Reactions: joeyb184
Defense played well but they did give up to many 3rd down plays. UTSA keep running the slant D never adjusted. The offense was predictable again tonight. Legg is a terrible play caller. It appears from watching this season. He never has a clip board or play call sheet. It looks like he is winging it. It never looks like they have a game plan on offense. Very disappointing to watch a winnable game get away. I believe they have the skill players to play more up tempo offense. They aren't putting any pressure on defense's. They've gotta make a decision this off season with the OC.

I have never witnessed an OC with so little backbone as Legg. He calls games not to lose. Ridiculous.

I feel sorry for our players and sure many are frustrated.

Reactions: Dre621
The defense may have given up too many thises or thats, but they played great. When you hold a team to NINE FRIGGING POINTS the game should be in the bag.

And don't give me the "we are young up front"... those kids aren't freshmen and soph now.

And don't give me the "we were missing our two top receivers"... your u saw what happened when we went to hurry up....

It's almost as if this is being intentionally done...one has to actually put effort into this level of incompetency and ineptitude.

(I know it's NOT intentional, but holy hell!)

...if we had a downfield passing game we could run the ball.. but we can’t do that why because we don’t know when to call a pass longer then 15 yards.. and when to call a 5 and out

Are you still sticking to that excuse because Litton threw for 308 yards with 4 TDs and lots of downfield passes yet the offense still only managed 2.8 ypc rushing the ball

Are you still sticking to that excuse because Litton threw for 308 yards with 4 TDs and lots of downfield passes yet the offense still only managed 2.8 ypc rushing the ball

Defense was there to stop the run and they did.... if we would have had a pass threat all year and proven we could score at will through the air then our opponents would have to play more balanced.... they found out if they take our run away chase isn’t that accurate...... but luckily chase ended up with a good game and we almost won its that simple... so yes you have to have a downfield pass game, game after game, to open up a run game.........

ADVERTISEMENT