ADVERTISEMENT

More Jobs Leaving Huntington - More Money Lost for MU

Oh and thank you for allowing me to complete my daily mission of bitch slapping an eerbilly idiot early in the day!
The sad part is that you actually believe that's what you're doing, but in fact, you're actually slapping yourself around, by making incoherent statements, as well as displaying an IQ hovering around the freezing mark. Why don't you stick to talking about Herd related subjects? This is a Herd forum, you know.

Having a difficult time understanding how WVU or Morgantown has / had anything to do with this ?

This is America and its 2017 ?

Reactions: Ninegate
Horrible. Huntington has Steve Williams and he is trying, but the state isn't going to help. JJ may now that he's governor.

You have an airport that is a 40 minute flight from the worlds busiest airport, but you have zero flights from the worlds busiest airport. Money likes to find a place that's accessible. If JJ wanted to help, he would subsidize that route, twice a day up and back.

When the eerbilly legislature voted down airport expansion to keep Ashland Oil from relocation , they pretty much took care of Huntington expansion too. Brilliant move to quell any growth that theatens flagshit u. The vote years ago to not allow interstate access into the city also didn't help. If I was Williams I'd revisit that too.

Still Huntington will survive , charming city in places, beautifully designed, good historic architecture in core downtown. Williams is trying and trying alone helps. In time I think he gets it tuning in the right direction.
Justice cares nothing for Huntington and only cares about his ego and MU athletics so don't hold your breath

Reactions: The Real SamC
pdbailey posted "Justice cares nothing for Huntington." Why do you say that? Give some examples of just how the Governor cares nothing for Huntington. Saying is one thing. Now explain to the rest of us and, BTW, remember to list concrete examples to defend your comment.

The info is from your article. You claimed that Georgia is the #1 film shooting location in the world. Not only is the method used in determining that illogical, but it is also inaccurate.

India (Mumbai) is host to far more movie shoots each year than Georgia. The source you used for your bogus claim is only ranking the top selling films in the U.S., yet claims that means Georgia hosts the most film shoots in the world. It doesn't. It's entirely false.
Bollywood doesn't make movies they make horseshit that Indians watch, and that crap doesn't end up over here in masses. Georgia is a million times better than Bollywood when you just include The Walking Dead and Archer in the argument.

and they wonder why we don't want to play them anymore....
You guys were far worse to us when we were playing than any MU fans have been to you on this board. The constant attacks have made many on this board want to shank just about every WVU fan to be honest.

Reactions: ToesMU
pdbailey posted "Justice cares nothing for Huntington." Why do you say that? Give some examples of just how the Governor cares nothing for Huntington. Saying is one thing. Now explain to the rest of us and, BTW, remember to list concrete examples to defend your comment.
Okay, what has he done for Huntington since taking office? I haven't heard of him doing anything. Do you know that he threatened to cut funding to MU if the BOG did not fire Hamrick and Doc? Now, I'm sure this was just the use of his position to get what he wants, full control of the MU athletic department, but Justice is as self-serving as it gets. Did you know that he is extremely pissed at MU right now because the IAF was named after Cline and not him, despite the fact Cline donated several more million than him. Justice will be a 1-term governor as he will be too busy coaching basketball to do his job, which is to help the state of West Virginia.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
JJ represents the staus quo of WV politics. His job is to do what Manchin tells him to do, which is keep the insiders employed, and continue to raise taxes so that the work-resistant life-welfarists who form the heart of his power base can remain on the dole and keep voting blue. He is not going to do anything for Huntington, or any other place. To his credit, "his" road plan does not involve pointless roads in his home town, unlike JM and ERT. He probably wants Marshall to be a better place, WVU to be a better place, and the state to be a better place. That does not matter, because "wanting" something is not enough, real change involves stopping doing dumb things and starting doing smart things. Good intensions are not enough.

As to sports, the guy has a lot of free time on his hands, and clearly likes sports. I think he wants MU to do well in sports. Again "wanting" and "having an idea that actually might work" are two different things.

As a non career politician, SamC, you're right that JJ is getting a lot of guidance and "instructions" on the ins and outs of state government politics, etc., from the likes of Manchin and the Goodwin clan, the "Borgias" of WV Democratic politics for a half century or more. That's why instead of all the high goals that Jim espoused when running West Virginians will more than likely just end up with just another "empty bag" when he leaves office, as he ends just being another traditional Mountain State Democratic politician!!

JJ represents the staus quo of WV politics. His job is to do what Manchin tells him to do, which is keep the insiders employed, and continue to raise taxes so that the work-resistant life-welfarists who form the heart of his power base can remain on the dole and keep voting blue. He is not going to do anything for Huntington, or any other place. To his credit, "his" road plan does not involve pointless roads in his home town, unlike JM and ERT. He probably wants Marshall to be a better place, WVU to be a better place, and the state to be a better place. That does not matter, because "wanting" something is not enough, real change involves stopping doing dumb things and starting doing smart things. Good intensions are not enough.

As to sports, the guy has a lot of free time on his hands, and clearly likes sports. I think he wants MU to do well in sports. Again "wanting" and "having an idea that actually might work" are two different things.

There is no room for additional pointless roads around Beckley, NJR took care of that.

Bollywood doesn't make movies they make horseshit that Indians watch, and that crap doesn't end up over here in masses. Georgia is a million times better than Bollywood when you just include The Walking Dead and Archer in the argument.

You not liking their movies has absolutely nothing to do with the false claim of "most in the world."

There is no room for additional pointless roads around Beckley, NJR took care of that.

Actually I was thinking about Lewisburg/White Sulphur Springs. Lewisburg could actually use a bypass, as you have to drive all the way through town on the streets to get from the interstate to the fairgrounds/hospital/high school. Make more sense than the total taxwaste that Photo Joe (for and against every issue in current politics, just ask him) did in the dying town of Fairmont or ERT's pointless road from Logan (middle of nowhere) to Man (further out in the middle of nowhere).

The one good thing you can say about JJ is that his grandiose roads plan (BTW, vote NO on it in October) delivered about nothing for his home area.

Actually I was thinking about Lewisburg/White Sulphur Springs. Lewisburg could actually use a bypass, as you have to drive all the way through town on the streets to get from the interstate to the fairgrounds/hospital/high school. Make more sense than the total taxwaste that Photo Joe (for and against every issue in current politics, just ask him) did in the dying town of Fairmont or ERT's pointless road from Logan (middle of nowhere) to Man (further out in the middle of nowhere).

The one good thing you can say about JJ is that his grandiose roads plan (BTW, vote NO on it in October) delivered about nothing for his home area.

No doubt about the Lewisburg traffic.

I knew you would like my pot shot at Rahall and the endless ribbons of concrete around Beckley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT