ADVERTISEMENT

murox or anyone in the know

Do you know if zillow or realtor have a search option for luxury vinyl flooring when looking for homes?
good question. Didn't you mention you had kin with it sill in there? Maybe 30 or 40 years old? There is a high return on investment on that stuff. Read where some of that old stuff had asbestos mixed in. Probably not enough to hurt anybody. They use to build stuff to last back then. Your kin folk were smart putting that stuff in. Don't even have to replace it. Just mop it every now and then. I recommend that good old PineSol stuff in that clear bottle. That will clean and kill germs.

I get the flooring, but are you guys serious about the showerhead?

That's one of the easiest things to replace

Do you know if zillow or realtor have a search option for luxury vinyl flooring when looking for homes?
Sorry Michigan, I took a break from the board this week while I walked around the sturdy and luxurious marble floors at the Ritz Carlton in Miami Beach.

But I believe the keyword you should search for is “starter home.” Many starter homes use LVP to give the impression of wood, while also durable, as this is the time when people have less money and young children.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Sorry Michigan, I took a break from the board this week while I walked around the sturdy and luxurious marble floors at the Ritz Carlton in Miami Beach.

But I believe the keyword you should search for is “starter home.” Many starter homes use LVP to give the impression of wood, while also durable, as this is the time when people have less money and young children.

Their filet mignon is really good. I splurge once or twice a year.

The Ritz in Miami Beach? That is known as the single worst Ritz property in the entire country! I gave that place two chances, and it is brutal. They try making up for that old sh!thole by giving you frozen grapes while at the ancient looking pool.

You're boasting about staying at that sh!thole? Well, in fairness, I guess anything seems luxury compared to living in a $318k house, but for the rest of us . . .

I'm not joking. That hotel is notorious for being horrendous.

For Marriott properties, anything between 4.1 - 4.4 will be decent . . . and that includes Courtyards, SpringHills, and others of their average properties. Anything < 4.1 is going to be bad. 4.5 and up is going to be solid.

You think I am just saying this to dig at Middle Class Murox, but I am dead serious. Look at the rankings of it from Marriott's own site. A 3.6! Horrendous.

Go search for hotels in Miami Beach on Marriott's site and see how bad that property measures up:

The best part is that Middle Class Murox, like usual, actually asked me where I stayed when I go to Miami (again, after I bought a rental property there and started going there monthly, he started following me like everything he does). Yet he still went to this sh!thole.

So you went with wood floors, even though countless people on here have told you they'd go with luxury vinyl over wood regardless of any price differences, yet you went with 1" plastic blinders, no shutters, bare landscaping (have you ever heard of trees?), and an allergy to power washers?

Great investment.

The Ritz in Miami Beach? That is known as the single worst Ritz property in the entire country! I gave that place two chances, and it is brutal. They try making up for that old sh!thole by giving you frozen grapes while at the ancient looking pool.

You're boasting about staying at that sh!thole? Well, in fairness, I guess anything seems luxury compared to living in a $318k house, but for the rest of us . . .

I'm not joking. That hotel is notorious for being horrendous.

For Marriott properties, anything between 4.1 - 4.4 will be decent . . . and that includes Courtyards, SpringHills, and others of their average properties. Anything < 4.1 is going to be bad. 4.5 and up is going to be solid.

You think I am just saying this to dig at Middle Class Murox, but I am dead serious. Look at the rankings of it from Marriott's own site. A 3.6! Horrendous.

Go search for hotels in Miami Beach on Marriott's site and see how bad that property measures up:

The best part is that Middle Class Murox, like usual, actually asked me where I stayed when I go to Miami (again, after I bought a rental property there and started going there monthly, he started following me like everything he does). Yet he still went to this sh!thole.

So you went with wood floors, even though countless people on here have told you they'd go with luxury vinyl over wood regardless of any price differences, yet you went with 1" plastic blinders, no shutters, bare landscaping (have you ever heard of trees?), and an allergy to power washers?

Great investment.
I stay at 4 hotels in Miami: the ritz (renovated over Covid), 1Hotel, edition and the Loews. Ritz is 2 behind 1Hotel. All are great.

What a shithole!

How come rifle didn't offer Murox his luxury condo when he was in Miami. A true board poster compatriot would have done so.

How come rifle didn't offer Murox his luxury condo when he was in Miami. A true board poster compatriot would have done so.
I don’t have a Miami property. That was sold many years ago (I bought it with two others).

Middle Class, not coincidentally, suddenly let started going there about two years after I started going there every month.

I don’t have a Miami property. That was sold many years ago (I bought it with two others).

Middle Class, not coincidentally, suddenly let started going there about two years after I started going there every month.
Narrator: “he never had a Miami property.”

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
Four rows of chairs at the pool? Ha. Ghetto. They still do the frozen grapes? The place is a sh!thole. You can't talk yourself into thinking it is a nice place. It is awful for an average hotel chain let alone one with the reputation of the Ritz.

And, hey, would you just look at that! That place is such a sh!thole, that I actually took the time to send them an email about how awful of a hotel it is (you can see the email address at the bottom). So you can see that I am not just ripping on it to take a jab at Middle Class since he thinks it's so nice. I actually saw how sh!tty it was, that I complained to the hotel about it:

I went back years later after becoming an Ambassador, and it was just as awful.

Four rows of chairs at the pool? Ha. Ghetto. They still do the frozen grapes? The place is a sh!thole. You can't talk yourself into thinking it is a nice place. It is awful for an average hotel chain let alone one with the reputation of the Ritz.

And, hey, would you just look at that! That place is such a sh!thole, that I actually took the time to send them an email about how awful of a hotel it is (you can see the email address at the bottom). So you can see that I am not just ripping on it to take a jab at Middle Class since he thinks it's so nice. I actually saw how sh!tty it was, that I complained to the hotel about it:

I went back years later after becoming an Ambassador, and it was just as awful.
That email is actually posted on the wall in the reception. Recieving an email like that from a person of your wealth and power forced them into a multi-year, $90 million renovation of the property. Its why they can charge $1200/night for a standard king room now. Do they send you royalty payments like your music hits?

I'm glad you were able to splurge and stay there a decade ago, only to write the manager hoping for a few more freebie nights for complaining. Imagine.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
For what a few nights at the Ritz cost, I could move in to the local Motel 6 until early spring.
That's the going rate for all the top hotels in south beach this time of year. It's kind of ridiculous, but the price point is purposefully outrageous to keep the urbanites away. Having to fly with them is bad enough. The last thing I want is to try to relax at the pool watching fights break out and weed smell everywhere.

A couple weeks ago I was at the Edition. Across Collins Ave is a nice AC Hotel with a rooftop pool that is less than half the price per night. The pool looks like a democrat voter registration rally. I'll pay the premium.

Having money doesn’t necessarily mean people behave any better. They just misbehave in nicer clothes in a better environment.

Having money doesn’t necessarily mean people behave any better. They just misbehave in nicer clothes in a better environment.
Correct.

What I'm trying to say is I'm looking for a drama-free vacation. If that means paying double for a similarly-optioned hotel, that's fine. Let the riff-raff go to the Fountainbleu.

Correct.

What I'm trying to say is I'm looking for a drama-free vacation. If that means paying double for a similarly-optioned hotel, that's fine. Let the riff-raff go to the Fountainbleu.
And by "vacation," he means going to a "historic" (read: sh!thole) hotel with four rows deep of chairs to hang out at the pool.

Why would anyone choose to vacation at a crowded hotel pool? Worse, the racist says that he doesn't want to be around blacks (why try to hide that with calling them "urbanites"?), yet he chooses his hotel in the area of Miami Beach that has more blacks than any other part.

And by "vacation," he means going to a "historic" (read: sh!thole) hotel with four rows deep of chairs to hang out at the pool.

Why would anyone choose to vacation at a crowded hotel pool? Worse, the racist says that he doesn't want to be around blacks (why try to hide that with calling them "urbanites"?), yet he chooses his hotel in the area of Miami Beach that has more blacks than any other part.
I was in a reserved day bed, poverty guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT